Home

The Weapon That Killed Aunt & Uncle

idle

Interesting. I thought the "Tales from Jabba's Palace" and "Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina" were retconned as just being the kind of wild stories you'd hear some old drunken spacers tell around the glow lamp, considering some of the stuff is contradicted by the Special Edition changes.

I don't own that particular book so I can't say that I've read the particular story in question. Can you quote any relevant passages? I also am less than familiar with SWGB, not having really checked it out since the demo... though that would be nice supporting source, even if it is a game. I'm sure the device would exist, the question is, is it what was really used on the Lars homestead...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok...this is a quote from the book...Davin Felth's commander issues these orders...(davin felth is a stomrtrooper)

"'Floating fortress, this house needs to be left as a reminder of what happens when quarter is given to the rebels. fire when ready."

it doesn't exactly say that it is an artillery, I suppose it could be some sort of atmospheric battleship, I just assumed it was a hover artillery...

Why would the Stormtroopers want to make an "example" of the Lars? And how did they "give quarter" to the Rebels (I thought "give quarter" meant to spare their lives by taking them prisoner, but in this case it sounds like they're using the term "quarter" as in "quartering troops in your home")? Luke wasn't a part of the Rebellion at this point, nor was Owen, or Obi-Wan that we know of. The Stormtroopers went out of their way to make their slaughter of the Jawas look like the work of the Tusken Raiders.

Plus, with what they left behind, how would anyone know that this is what happens to Rebel "quarter-givers"? What evidence would they have that this had to be the work of the Empire?

And why would an aerial (orbital?) weapon be so weak?

This story is fishy...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
what kind of sadistic stormtrooper would sit there for hours shooting a human corpse until it turned into a smoldering skeleton haha

Its fun to be Evil!

And being a Sadist is tons of fun.

Either that, or the stormies are out of rations.

I mean, those bones are picked clean, and charboiled... you don't get that skeletal look from a burning body out in the (relatively) open.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea that’s true. So then what would have happened is the Troopers stormed the building most likely, interrogated Uncle, and Aunt Owen, Searched the place, killed them and put their bodies right next to each other outside and burned them to make it look like an accident.

I think the only logical reason would be them getting roasted INSIDE the house, then dragged out. kinda like what you do after your food in the oven is overdone.

Otherwise its hard to have that damage done outdoors.

Either that or dewbacks actually spout fire like dragons.

• 2 weeks later...

They just burned the place and them down. Plain and simple. Although I like Troops' theory:D.

Well, even if SW.com somehow was canon we can still speculate on what they shot them with and what they burned the place with!
Right. Starwars.com is as inaccurate as they get.

I know, but in some way "R2 unit" must make sense if Luke is going to call it that...
Luke is wrong. Plain and simple.

Archived