Home

New James Bond confirmed

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Lazenby was *the* worst Bond. evar. I hated that movie, and I hated the story for the movie... mainly because he gets married and then she gets killed... >_>

I just looked at the pic. He looked like a booze-hound. Bring back Pierce Brosnan!! Atleast he was attractive, and was a good actor... or yes, even clone Sean Connery, sure hes a chauvanist pig, but he *is* Bond. lol :D

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-10-12-new-bond_x.htm

Yup, that's the new James Bond...We really should make a young Sean Connery clone...

:indif: I am speechless, from the ugliness from this character. I doubt that he is even a British.

Man, why do some directors HAVE to ruin EVERY GOOD thing about the world. Pierce Brosnan is one of my favourite actors, he is a good one, and they couldn't just do what he asked for. :rolleyes:

Come on, Pierce, show this guy that he will never achieve your rank as James Bond.

Oh, and another thing:

Pierce, drop those 40 million dollars. You'll get 30 at least. Please come back, you're one of the best Bonds of all times, no one will be able to replace you.

mainly because he gets married and then she gets killed... >_>

When I watched through that film, I thought that that was the END of James Bond, a DISASTER. I mean: Hypnotised girls who carry viruses in their make-up? PLEASE! :rolleyess: And I got really disappointed when he got married. The beast amongst the wolves, a man that always saved everyone and got himself (and others) satisfied, got married to the daugther of a MAFIA DON?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The only good thing about that film was when at the end those two went by and shooted at the car. Since Bond(George Lazenby) was married, I was hoping that they would both die. When he got up, I thought: "Oh, great! He's still married." but when I saw that she was dead, I (literally) smiled and was happy (even though I hate death and think that when someone dies that it is never a thing that is good or a thing that should be cheered about, but I made an exception only this time).

inside-craig-getty.jpg

It BURNS US AAAAHHHHHHHHH! :devburn:

I don't really like Bond movies anymore, sure they have action in them, but the plots can only be followed by ten-year-old boys who have neko wallpapers and giggle when they here 'nipple'. And the sex seens aren't for ten-year-old boys who have neko wallpapers and giggle when they here 'nipple'.

I didn't like the movie only because Lazenby was the actor XP

Really? I thought he did a far better job than Roger Moore. I mean, all of Moore's movies were unbelievably campy, while OHMSS at least had some moral fiber to it. Meh.

I just looked at the pic. He looked like a booze-hound. Bring back Pierce Brosnan!! Atleast he was attractive, and was a good actor... or yes, even clone Sean Connery, sure hes a chauvanist pig, but he *is* Bond. lol :D

Ditto! And he's only 37??? He looks like he could be my father! :p

If this is the new James Bond I hope you guys get equal treatment with equivalent Bond girls in terms of look or it will be totally unfair :xp:

James Bond is a look and charm thing as much as it is an acting issue IMHO

:yoink: Bring back Pierce Brosnan or clone Sean Connery! :yoink:

...and btw, where are they with cloning? :D

WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!! WE WANT HUGH JACKMAN!!

In the article it said Brosnan was 52. My dad is 52!

Really? I thought he did a far better job than Roger Moore. I mean, all of Moore's movies were unbelievably campy, while OHMSS at least had some moral fiber to it. Meh.

And Roger Moore is the best bond ever. Definitely my favorite. I loved the subtle sarcastic remarks he always made. His portrayal of the character is my favorite. Then Brosnan and Connery tie. Dalton and Lazenby were bad. Especially Lazenby.

And Roger Moore is the best bond ever. Definitely my favorite. I loved the subtle sarcastic remarks he always made. His portrayal of the character is my favorite. Then Brosnan and Connery tie. Dalton and Lazenby were bad. Especially Lazenby.

Eh, whatever floats your boat. I'm not trying to say that Moore was bad, but of all the movies, I liked his the least. That's not to say I disliked them, though. I did enjoy them, but of all of them they're the ones I don't re-watch.

Doesn't he look like the perfect bond villain?

or is it just me:D

Wasn't OHMSS really long, I think I remember that being the only one I got bored with and actually watched it over the course of a few years, a little here and there on TV

"handsome rob" is probably the closest suggestion, but I don't think he would do a "bond" type character as well?

...I KNOW!... THE NAPSTER:D yup put dem speakers on an aston martin and make stuff go BOOM, not to mention the whole womens clothing thing being very bond-gadgetish:D

Wasn't OHMSS really long, I think I remember that being the only one I got bored with and actually watched it over the course of a few years, a little here and there on TV

Yeh, it had a lot of slow parts to it.

I think you're on to something Rob-wise, though. He would have made an ok bond (probably too many complaints about Transporter - Bond similarities, though ;)).

I meant, he probably wouldn't be the best bond, just the closest of the ones suggested, he has a different style than bond, whereas if you look at other movies by Connery and Brosnan, their other work reflects "bond" to a certain extent,

"HR" doesn't have that same Gentleman Spy style of acting.

No one can replace the original (and best IMO) James Bond, Sean Connery :(

This "guy" looks like some greasy cheesy rip-off of James Bond, now I am not saying that he is bad in acting without seeing his work buy considering he is a blond and James has brown... meh not seeing any connection :whacked:

I bet some idiotic 22 year old director puts a bunch of sh!tty stuff in the new film and completely ruins everything *sniffle*

I personally feel all the actors were appropriate for the movies they did...

Sean Connery... he created the screen character of Bond, he is what most define as Bond, myself included. Not much else to say.

George Lazenby... he was in his 20's when he became Bond, he came in to the franchise at a critical juncture, the story of Tracy Bond was next to be told, and I think that none of the others could have pulled this one off, bad main storyline aside. Several factors derailed Lazenby's Bond fate, the underlying Blofeld story of OHMSS was not up to snuff, Telly Sevalas while an awesome actor obviously didn't get into the part, and after the movie was finished Lazenby listened to a freinds advice and quit before he had a chance to play in a real Bond storyline like Diamonds Are Forever. Connery came back for this one.

Roger Moore... he filled Connery's shoes by making Bond more tongue-in-cheek, he was the Bond of my youth and I find the movies he was in wouldn't have worked with any other actor.

Timothy Dalton... he took Bond back to more like Connery was, grittier and more serious, I liked him as well. Though his Bond career was cut short due to world events and the Bond Franchise being put on hold.

Pierce Brosnan... he was born to be Bond, he was his own Bond from the get-go, and due in no small part to him, the bond franchise was revitalized.

But as it inevitably happens with long standing series, the franchise will invariably fade because there are only so many things Bond can do in our world before you get repeats. At that point Austin Powers becomes our refuge! :xp:

I will reserve judgement on a new Bond until I have seen him in the Tux! :D

Archived