Home

Are you able to select the number of bots and tickets in a SP match?

Tyler_Durden

I would assume it would be the ticket count, as 1500 soldiers running around at the same time would lag the best of computers to death.

I would hate to play on that server. Think of the team kills... Throw one gernade and get about 137 team kills.

It would be cool if you could at least up the number of bots to 50 per team so as to make the map more epic. Some guys who made maps went overboard, putting hundreds in which makes for some rather lousy gameplay. You have to be able to add numbers based on the size of the map. Most maps, in terms of size would be great with one hundred bots. Nice and epic, like the movies.

Well you can start a lan game or a game with playercount 1 or with a password and play against bots. Thus you can set any ticket number you wish. I don't know if you could do that in SWBF1, but it seems likely. If nothing else, you can just create a batch file and try it out.

But, as with the ability to have humans on one team vs. bots on another, it may be that these are things that were only added in SWBF2 beta (hopefully they will be retained in the full version!).

Hmm, I never thought to start a LAN game with one player and the rest as bots........ How would I go about creating a batch file?

Though this is for SWBF2 Beta, you can modify the info and try it with SWBF1.

Check the threads:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152834

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153554

Let us know how it turns out!

I hope we can change the ticket count/reinforcement count. I hated that about Star Wars Battlefront. Playing a game for only 5 minutes and it is over. I turned my single player mode to easy and beat it in 2 minutes. I turned the hard level on one time and played it 7 minutes max. I would like to play one good battle for 15-30 minutes. That would be an awesome.

Yes, it would be more fun if you could increase the reinforcement points/number of units for a nice long battle, or make them smaller if you want a shorter one. This way you could set handicaps for yourself if your just getting used to the game, or create a situation where you really have to fight for victory, like you and 7 friends online vs and entire army of rebel troops.

In the SWBF2 beta you can change ticket numbers. I imagine you can in the full version as well. They'd be foolish not to!

Still, I doubt this is something they will do for single player. You're probably fixed at each difficulty level and map. But in MP servers can set the number per side, per map in the beta. You could host an offline or private game and have your "single player" experience that way. Also assuming they retain the ability to remove the FPS cap, like they do in the beta! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the ticket count in the first Battlefront was the killer for me. 5 - 10 minute battles! No way, I want epic battles with 2000 tickets! Make a map with 5 spawn points with two of them that cannot be taken over, which are the home base for each side. This way it would be about a 30 minute game or more. I don't understand why Pandemic didn't see this in the first Battlefront. It's almost as if they didn't play Battlefield. Which you and I know is an impossiblity! Well, let's hope you can change the ticket number. I really want to come back to this forum and post

"Impressive, Most Impressive"! LOL!

MD

Well there's your answer then. I changed the ticket counters in the beta all the time. I'm glad they retained that feature (they would have been silly not to!). This may be another good reason to get the PC version, too. ;)

Now my question is... in the full version can you have one team of humans vs. one team of all bots (in Conquest mode?)?

Archived