Home

Starwars in our galaxy 2 - the toren army

guybroom

The kid persisted. "And that army's gonna save us?"

"These are the kids of the people in the resistance" Explained Greg quietly. "They haven't had reassurance in a while."

They could, however, see that for the most part the older children looked at them with suspicion, not hope.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex smiled slightly. "You could say that." Breia nodded.

"Alex tells me your children understand much of what you say by three years of age," she said. "For ours, it takes much longer. Part of this is because, they can simply project pictures into your mind of what they want... they have no use for spoken language."

"But spoken language has its uses," Alex went on. "We are not the only species in our galaxy. Most of them speak aloud... not through the mind. For this reason, we have an established Neutral Tongue. All species speak it."

"So on top of learning Thoughtspeak, as it might be translated here, we must also teach them Neutral," Breia said. "The combination takes them nearly fifteen of your years."

"And by that age, they are the physical equivalent of your five-year-olds," Alex added.

"Some have them," Alex said.

"Some don't," Breia finished. "It's strange... some of them take longer to develop and some of them don't."

"Breia and I are examples of ones that don't," Alex chuckled. "We were born a year apart almost twenty-five years ago. Both of us were mentally mature by eighteen. Hired by the government at twenty. Studied your galaxies for five years and have been here ever since."

"Twenty-six," Alex said. "In your years. In ours, I'm more like sixteen. And Breia's a year younger... twenty-five or ten." She turned to Breia. "You're nearing your eleventh year, aren't you?"

Breia nodded and grinned at Greg. "All the good stuff happens at eleven."

"Our years are longer than yours," Alex said thoughtfully. "I'm not sure... I tried hard to get used to your years before I came. As it is, the only reason I know how old I am now is because of Breia."

"So I'm not twenty-five, am I?" Breia said. Alex shook her head.

"So I'm somewhat lost about age at the moment," Alex said with a little laugh. "I'm twenty-six. That makes me sixteen. Breia's almost eleven... so she's... oh, dear... I really don't know." She shrugged helplessly and laughed.

"Math isn't her subject," Breia told Greg with a grin. "Never has been."

Greg grinned back at Breia

Great. Of all the people to get a crush on, you get one on someone who's eleven on her world

He wondered for a moment what would happen if she could read that thought, then decided it didn't matter anyway. He shouldn't even be thinking that, not while they were still at war.

He turned to Endac. "That's more than understandable. You're the first one to successfully come back after Imperial brainwashing. "

They had now left the entrance hall. The moment the doors closed behind them the room erupted into chatter, the kids were discussing the Toren. Soon they arrived to the control room, where Byrne Sr. was waiting.

"We've managed to contact Skywalker. He's working on getting us a fleet from the republic, but the senate wants a witness from that galaxy. Troezen, we've stolen a hyper-space capable ship for you, we'd like you to leave as soon as possible."

Troezen nodded, said farewell to the group, and was led to his ship. After he took off, Byrne spoke agian.

"I've spoken to the other leaders. We've decided: We'll attack in two days."

Alex nodded thoughtfully. "You are right to take matters into your own hands. Our army will not make it in two days..." She turned to Breia and the two exchanged a few words in their own language. Then Breia turned to Greg.

"We will do whatever we can to help you," she said. "And our army will provide much needed reinforcement when it arrives."

Archived