Home

Starwars in our galaxy 2 - the toren army

guybroom

Alex leapt out of her seat and slipped out of the ship as quickly as she could.

---------------

Breia nodded. "Lead the way... just one moment..." She dropped to her knees and her eyes closed. Suddenly, the air crackled with energy and a wall of electricity surrounded the Sith camp. Breia's eyes opened and she stood slowly.

"Much of my concentration will be taken up in preserving the barrier," she said quietly. "Lead on. Don't stop if I stumble... I'll catch up when it falls."

Head start... The words were faint in Byrne's mind, but the meaning was clear. What Breia was doing would give them the kind of head start they'd need to evade the Sith.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Endac saw that the engines were about the blow, he ran and back and pushed Alex and Greg onward and turned around and just as the engines blew Endac condensed the fire to small area, pieces of debris still went flying but at least the heat and flames wouldn't get them, then he extinguished the fire.

"I don't know where we are but lets get moving."

"I guessed that much," Alex muttered. "But where?" She sighed. "I suppose we should worry more about getting out of this mess than where we are." She turned to look at the wreck. "That will be of no further use to us."

------------------------

The wall of electricity flickered and shattered. Breia groaned and stumbled to her feet. As soon as she had regained some element of control over her body, she hurried after Byrne. In a few minutes, she caught up with him.

"They were fearful of the barrier at first," she told him. "Then they attacked it." She rubbed her forehead. "Hurts like hell!"

Troezen looked at the wrecked ship and laughed, "well they don't make them like they used to!"

He looked around. "Hmmm, that's odd. It doesnt seem like the Sith have got here yet. I cant sence their presence, although im not great at sencing things like that. But there are no sith here - not for a while anyway." He took a deep breath, "so without getting all like a tourist on you - this is what Earth is like normally? Nice."

He ignited his lightsaber and started cutting through trees. "Alex, how long is it going to be before your army gets here? Should we wait for them or make our own way back?"

--------

Gartoor ran to the wall and saw all the new siths trying to attack the electric wall. One or two were getting fried, but mostly, they were attacking it with a lightsaber or shooting it with a blaster. Gartoor walked back into the building and sat and meditated. He could feel Breia and he could feel her pain.

He went back to the sith and called out, "keep going! keep attacking this wall! it is being held up by that electric girl! the more you attack the wall, the more pain she is in. It will fall soon, so hit it with everything you've got!"

((Thought I said the wall shattered already, but this works better.))

Breia groaned and collapsed, semi-conscious. "Wall down..." she murmured, blinking and rolling her head from side to side. "Wall down..."

--------------------------------

"We should get moving," Alex answered. "They won't get here for another week if travel conditions are good... much worse if they're... aah!"

Alex dropped to her knees, gripping her head. As closely linked as she was with Breia, she felt some of the pain her partner was experiencing.

"Breia's in pain," Alex gasped. Her eyes were partially clouded over, but they cleared quickly. "Put me down, Endac. I can walk."

------------

Breia couldn't stand on her own... barely managed to lean loosely against Byrne. "I'm... slowing you..." she murmured.

Breia smiled weakly. "Thanks... will mean... world... Toren..." she slipped into unconsciousness and the mental bond between the two Toren agents broke.

--------------------

Alex panicked. "Broken? No! Breia!!"

Suddenly, she began trying to reassure herself. "Just unconscious... yes, that's it... in training, it happened... lost connection, even at close range... yes, yes, that's it..."

She continued muttering to herself in this fashion as they continued to move.

Breia didn't stir as she was laid lightly on the bed, but moaned softly as Byrne left her side to find medical supplies.

-----------------------

Alex continued muttering, slowly growing louder until it was obvious she wasn't speaking English. Endac may have caught a few words commend among the Toren, but they were simple things such as 'vosh', which meant 'no'. Finally, she spoke one full Toren sentence: "Vosh gan Breia gemi..." translated best as "No way Breia's dead..."

With that, she bolted forward, her voice trailing of in a wailing cry of "Breia!"

Byrne frowned. Her pulse was racing, but her breath seemed normal. When she faded again, he cursed. What could that mean? He had to do something, her condition looked serious. He looked around, and grabbed a lamp. He wondered wether it was a good idea or not, and decided he had no other choice.

He took a deep breath, and cut the cable. Slowly he touched it to her skin.

At first, there was no visible sign of anything happening, other than a few sparks at the end of the cable. Then, a line of lighter color began to move slowly up her arm. It branched out, seeming to follow whatever vein pattern the Toren woman seemed to have. Her eyes flickered open... barely, and she tried to reach for the cable.

"Give it to me..." she rasped, holding out a hand toward him.

"Not out of it yet..." Breia murmured. Her fingers closed on the cable and she applied it to her arm... almost. It halfway seemed as if she were trying to jab it into her skin, but if that was her intention, she was too weak to manage it. So she did the next best thing and stuck the cable in her mouth. The difference in the color of her face was visible almost immediately, but she held the cable there and her eyes began to take on a more alert look.

"Thomewhath," Breia answered around the cable. She pulled it out of her mouth and thanked him for the water. In a move that may seem odd to a human, she dumped it over her head and touched the cable to her cheek. Electricity raced across her face and the outlet the cable was plugged into shorted out.

"Oops," Breia muttered. She sat up slowly. Her skin had returned to its natural pale color, but she was clearly still not feeling as well as she would have liked and she apologized sheepishly for shorting out the power.

Archived