Home

PC Dedicated Server For PS2 - Duplicate Ports????????????

NetDude

Hi,

I would very much like to use my PC as a server to host PS2 games on the Internet, and be able to use my PS2 to play on these hosted games with my friends.

My PC and PS2 are connected via a router to broadband internet.

When I host/play internet games on my PS2, there are no problems, but I'd like more players online in my games.

When I host internet games on my PC, I have loads of players online but cannot connect to the server from my PS2.

I've tried and tried to run up the PC server and get my PS2 online, but no luck, and I think I have found the reason why...

Using my ethernet analysis software, I have found that the PC server software uses the same ports as the PS2. Obviously, this is going to clash as the PS2 cannot 'share' the data with the PC server and vice versa.

It must be a relatively simple software update that is required to the PC server software (or maybe a PS2 patch!)in order to change the ports to ones that don't clash...

The ports I have noticed that are duplicated are: 135, 139 and 445

Anybody know how do get a decent answer out of tech support instead of an automated email?

I'd like to get the PC server software modified to use alternative ports to the PS2?

Anybody know how to do this?

As recommended by another user I have a DMZ set up to my PS2.

To the server PC I have ports 3658, 3659, 6500 and 27900 port-forwarded.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Has anybody managed this with a Netgear DG834GT Router?

If so, what's the 'magic' setup???

• 1 year later...

try setting your dmz to your computer IP address and turning your windows firewall off if its on. You probably wont need to do any port forwarding then unless your router is really old. If that works try it with your windows firewall on then and test again.

another note, the way the server software works if you connect to your own server, your headset will not work.

• 5 months later...

Here’s what I got:

I have 2 Ethernet Cables,

One going to the PC & one going to the PS2 (SEPARATE ip addresses)

from a Router.

I am running the PS2 Dedicated Server on the PC & logging on to my room with the PS2.

On the PS2, the Network Adapter info for: Ip-Address & DNAS is set-up correctly.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

The PC: (ports that are forwarded)

static tcp 3658 (Star Wars Battlefront)

static udp 3658 (Star Wars Battlefront)

static tcp 3659 (?) what the hell is this !!!!

static udp 3659 (?) what the hell is this !!!!

static tcp 6500 (GameSpy Arcade query port)

static udp 27900 (GameSpy Arcade (GameSpyID) master server udp heartbeat, IMPORTANT!)

.................................................. .................................................. ..

The PS2: (ports that are forwarded)

static tcp 3783 (GameSpy Arcade voice chat)

static tcp 6500 (GameSpy Arcade query port) this was also forwarded to the PC, mistake??

static udp 6515 (GameSpy Arcade game data)

static tcp 6667 (IRC, Internet Relay Chat)

static udp 13139 (GameSpy Arcade custom udp pings)

static tcp 28900 (GameSpy Arcade master server list request)

static tcp 29900 (GP Connection Manager), what is this???!!!!

static tcp 29901 (GP Search Manager), what in the name of Palpatine???!!!!

static tcp 29920 (????????), what the buggary bullocks is this????!!!

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Now with this insane setup that i have gathered from various sources (including this forum), what do I see?

a) my room: (saber).Headshots is playable

b) the room has a low ping

c) I am not able to hear or speak with a Headset

d) I am able to hear & speak in the other rooms

e) GameSpyId has a difficult time recording my stats

(27900 should be forwarded to the PS2 IP Address???)

f) My Windows XP Home Edition Firewall is OFF, Router has one already

If anyone knows the TRUE SET-UP for hosting the PS2 Server for Battlefront 1

on their PC and able to access the room on their PS2 with no problems, please respond, and if it works, I will inform everyone!

Thank you!

Archived