Home

Oh, right, guitars. Yeah. Les Pauls!

Tyrion

epiphone1ln.jpg

epiphone14kv.jpg

My beautiful early Birthday present, an Epiphone Les Paul Classic that I got from the Guitar Center on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood. Looks more gorgeous in real life(doesn't have that weird liquid glare on it. :xp: ) than it does in the pictures.

Only problem is, as you can see in the second picture, is the dent. That occured because the day after I got it, I got a bad cold. Played it for a bit on my computer, because I had no amp at that time, and only a guitar cord to plug into my line in slot. Sneezed, and smacked it on my desk.

I'm stupid like that. We got the strap after that, of course. Preventive measures aren't my strongpoint...or in my daily dictionary, for that matter.

But it plays beautifully, and has wonderful sound. It's not as heavy as I thought it would be for being a les paul; just enough wait to give it stability in my arms. Which, for me, is a beautiful thing.

:frown:

Edit- Resized the pictures so I don't kill filthy dial up users.

Haha, only you would have a les paul with no amp or strap :p

Nice present by the way. Get it insured in case some one (like me) steals it:p

It was around 500 dollars, so the insurance probably wouldn't be worth it. I'll probably just save money up for a higher quality Gibson or Fender guitar instead, though, if it was stolen. By the time I actually gig with it or anything, I'd have an actual paying job to go along with it.

Edit- And hush. Those eccentricities are what makes me a genius. >_>

So, you play I take it?

Is this your first guitar?

'Course I don't play. What ever gave you that idea? :dozey:

But no, it isn't my first. I had a yamaha acoustic that I had since I was twelve, but I started heavily practicing around June. Learned a lot since then.

Sweet.

Guitars get dinged, there's no getting over it. A week after I got my white Les Paul Studio (seen here) I tripped over the cord and fell into the coffee table with it, putting a pretty nice ding in the back of the neck. Fortunately the table was made of a lot softer wood than the guitar (or my chin) and suffered the worst of it.

Then it got puked on by my bass player... but that's a tale for another time.

Archived