Home

How to Create a Server (Without Reading that Long Thread)

Chris-h11

This will tell you how to create a Server without Reading that Long thread

(This is the Simple Version for Basic Users, If you want to go a little more advanced then Read the Other Long Thread)

1) Open Notepad or another Text editor Program and Put this into it:

"<LOCATION OF YOUR STARWARSBATTLEFRONT2FOLDER>\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /nointro /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /throttle <See /throttle Below> /gamename <NAME OF YOUR SERVER> /playerlimit <Max Number of Players> /noaim /adminpw <Enter a password you will remember> /playercount <How many Players must be in the Server before the Game Starts> /noteamdamage /<sideselect or autoassign> /bots <number of Bots> /difficulty <Difficulty Level (1-3)> /pregametime <Number of Seconds for Warmup time> /password <Game Password If wanted (If not Remove /password and this> /hrunlock <What Mode of Unlock you Want (See Below)> /hrunlockvalue <How many of what you chose for hrunlock> /hrrespawn 2 /hrrespawnvalue <Respawn time for the Hero> /spawn <Time of Spawn Invincibility> /randomize <MAPS>[/Quote]

2)Edit the Information That needs Editing (DO NOT Leave the "<" ">")

The Codes (DO NOT leave the "[" "]"'s In!):

/win - Run the game in windowed mode

/norender - Disables rendering on your server machine

/nosound - Disables sounds on your server machine

/autonet dedicated - Dedicated server, for Non-Dedicated Replace "dedicated" with listen and Remove /resolution, /win, and /norender

/resolution [width height] - Sets the resolution for the server window

/gamename [Name] - Sets the server name

/playerlimit [#] - Sets the maximum number of players allowed on the server

/playercount [#] - Sets the minimum number of players required for the round to begin

/noteamdamage - Turns Friendly Fire off (on by default)

/difficulty [1,2,3] - Sets the difficulty level of bots, where 1 = Easy, 2 = Medium and 3 = Hard

/throttle [bandwidth] - Sets the maximum bandwidth per client (in KB) for the server

/tps [#] - Sets the tick rate for the server. This determines the maximum FPS for clients

/lan - Creates a LAN server (default is Internet)

/nonames - Disables displaying player names (default is names enabled)

/heroes - Enables Heroes (default is no heroes)

/password [Password] - Assigns the provided password to the server, clients need to use this password to join

/sideselect - Lets Players Choose there team, For autosign replace with /autoassign

/randomize - randomize map rotation, leave out to turn off

/bots [#] - Determine the number of bots to add to the server

/nointro - Skips the introductory logos when the game loads up

/hrunlock 2 -sets heros unlock mode. 1=kills, 2=points

/hrunlockvalue 15 - Set the threshold of the unlock. In this case, first team with a member to reach 15 points

/hrplayer 1 -sets the 'award' mode for who gets the hero. In this case, the player with the most points. Range: (top player) 1-7 (worst player)

/hrteam 3 - sets which teams get heroes. In this case, both teams, seperately. (means that there can be both factions' heroes on the field at the same time, but not always)

/hrrespawn 2 - honestly, I don't know what this does, so leave it at 2. I do know that it has to be in there.

/hrrespawnvalue 30 -sets the time on respawning for the hero. 30 seconds here I think.

/pregametime [#] - Sets the "Game will start in..." Time

Map Codes:

Utapau

- uta1g_1flag = Rebels vs Empire Capture the flag

- uta1c_1flag = Republic vs CSI Capture the flag

- uta1g_con = Rebels vs Empire Conquest

- uta1c_con = CSI vs Republic Conquest

Tantive IV

- tan1c_con = Republic vs CSI Conquest

- tan1g_con = Rebels vs Empire Conquest

- tan1c_1flag = Republic vs CSI Capture the flag

- tan1g_1flag = Rebels vs Empire Capture the flag

Space Yavin

- spa1g_1flag = Empire vs Rebels Capture the flag

- spa1g_ass = Empire vs Rebels Assault[/Quote]

3) Save the File into your GameData Folder with <All Files> in the Selection Box thingy and when saving it Name it <Whatever you Want>.bat

4) Double click on the BAT File and Your Server should Start

If you need anything Email me at:

Christianhood@gmail.com

The more Questions I get the More Information will be added

Wait, you're saying the bandwidth is in K for the players individually? Interesting.[/Quote]

IDK, I just got it off of Tweak Guides.com :)

You also left off explaining the hero related options, and the listen server option.[/Quote]

Thanks for Reminding me, I'll get it up in a While

if you get rid of /win, you should be able to get rid of /resolution # # too.[/Quote]

Ok, thanks I'll get the Listen mode thingy up later

that server in the begining of your post, just sucks.

sideselcet?! player limit 0? why?

you also forgot to enabled heroes, and the commands "/hrrespaw" + "/hrrespawnvalue".[/Quote]

Well, I did't know about the hrrespawn YET when i posted this but then i Did. And The sideselect and Player Limit 0 I like on. I will get the Hrspawn thing up later too

I didn't meant to the Player Limit, I meant to the Player Count.

If you make it 0, it means the server will run the game even if no one is in there. and that's kinda stupid, most players will want to join at the begining of the match, not in the middle of it. just change it to 1 -_-

About the side select - sometime it can be realy annoying, cause in Tan IV for example, clones era, everyone will want wo be Yoda and then the game will be unbalanced.

I didn't meant to the Player Limit, I meant to the Player Count.

If you make it 0, it means the server will run the game even if no one is in there. and that's kinda stupid, most players will want to join at the begining of the match, not in the middle of it. just change it to 1 -_-

About the side select - sometime it can be realy annoying, cause in Tan IV for example, clones era, everyone will want wo be Yoda and then the game will be unbalanced.

I know what you mean about the Player Count but Let me Host my Servers how i want, I am going to Put Words there for the Copy/Paste Code ok?

That way other People can host it how they Want...

As to the issue of removing /win, you do that so you don't play in a window. You can have 1280x1024 resolution (or whatever) and still play in a window. Most people don't like to play in a window, but a few do. For hosting a dedicated server you want it to be in a window, but otherwise it's just your choice. If you get rid of the resolution I imagine it will just use the last resolution that was saved from last session, or game default (640x480?).

As to the preferences, lets not bog down the thread with preferences. I mean in my opinion starting a server with a certain required number of humans just drives people away. Unless it's an organized tournament or something. That's why my JA server is constantly going. Set a "warmup" time (pregametime) and its cool for the people who join a little bit late. Keep the action going I say. Of course the beta's problem of dropping people at the map changes doesn't help any... but I know many people aren't willing to wait for others to show up.

Btw is there are a command for forcing team balance?

...When is your Program going to be Done?

A workable version has been done for about a week and a half. I was going to put up a web site for it, but school work has been taking up a great amount of my time (yea, I know I've spent time posting on here, but my school work is programming and creating a web site is programming and I wanted a break from it :nut::comp9: ). I guess I'll package it and give out the link :clap2:...

EDIT: To get the program go to http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154010

Do you want my program converted into a Java applet for your web page? It would lose the first prompt about selecting the formatted text file and depending how you build the web site, it would lose the second prompt of selecting the location of the game's .exe file.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the command shell can't find your BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe. You can add a new line at the end of your batch file and type in 'pause'. This will prevent the window from closing so fast and will let you see any error messages its giving you.

Don't forget the way Chris-h11's example has it, you need to put the batch file in your GameData directory.

Archived