Home

How to Create a Server (Without Reading that Long Thread)

Chris-h11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had my servers running on SWBF1 and SWBF2 for a few weeks now (or is that "days", who can judge time passed when playing SWBF?); I call the battlfront.exe and battlefrontII.exe programs from .BAT files in command prompt.

My question is: (how) can I set battlefrontxx.exe to run at High priority from a .BAT file? The -priority parameter only works when the server is started from a shortcut.

At the moment I have to set the priority manually in the task manager.

I call the battlfront.exe and battlefrontII.exe programs from .BAT files in command prompt.

I have just discovered my mistake in trying to get multiple BF2 servers running (to do with 2 numbers not being the same when I thought they were), so now use the blackbagops servers which are quicker and easier to start running (as well as having the admin options) then .BAT files.

Not to say "I told you so" or anything, but is it ironic that this thread was created for the express purpose of avoiding "reading that long thread" and now it has itself turned into "a long thread"? ;)

Next thing you know people will start refusing to read this one, and we'll have to start another thread to answer frequently asked questions... it's an endless cycle!

But I complain too much... heh

Archived