Home

JA+ Mod 2.4Beta1 And JA+ Plugin1.4Beta1

slider

Hi all

i am please to announce this new version of JA+.

You can download it if you want here

http://japlus.fragism.com/download.php

Authors : Slider

website : http://japlus.fragism.com/ or http://www.japlus.net

Description : This version of JA+ Mod is designed for Jedi Academy 1.0.1

Mod Type : Server Side but capability to have client side plugin

Screenshots : http://japlus.fragism.com/screen.php

Movie Trailer : http://japlus.fragism.com/trailer.php

JA+ is the official name for the JediMoves.com Mod Project.

This server side Mod for Windows/Linux/Mac is designed to add cool features and enable admin commands

to help ensure your rules are respected and to make your server more configurable. This mod will not drastically change

the general feel of the game, it will simply add fun features or enhance features in order to satisfy Jedi Academy

clans. When all the new options are turned OFF, the gameplay becomes unchanged.

The main goal of this mod is to add or enhance a lot of features in a total configurable ''Plus'' JediAcademy version (that is why i called it JA+).

This is the full distribution pack. It includes the clientside JA+ Plugin as well as some helpful tools to aid server administrators.

For full documentation of the plugin itself, please download the plugin and its readme separately.

Example of features ==>

--Compatibility with all OS Windows, Linux and Mac

--Support for the New JA+ GLA animations(yes i know it adds 8Mo to the mod)

--High speed URL AutoDownload Redirect for needed Pk3 when connecting a server.

--Multiple duels at once

--Full force Duels

--Duel Isolation (Non interference)

--No Rules Alternate Dimension

--Flipkicks without altering wall run

--Admin commands + Admin Abuse Detection

--Speak mod (admin, clan and team)

--Clan Tag Protection

--Team gametypes auto-balance (teams with the same number of players)

--MultiTaunt Sound, and multiCustom player sounds.

--AutoReplier integrated working with all foreign versions of the game.

--Easy saber change without respawning

--Tons of new emotes

--Fake player name detection system based on IP detection

--All SP attacks added + completely new attacks and new DFA + SP force moves with new extended effects

--Extended Melee attacks

--New items (melee, jetpack, flameThrower,grapple hook )

--Model size scaling system

--Configurable saber Damages

--New Vote system management + AntiVoteSpam

--Capability of activating a real JK2 gameplay with moves and damages

--Profanity Filter

--Chat GOD (attack immunity while in console or chat mode) + Inactivity AutoProtect

--Highlander ffa gametype modification

--JediVsMerc mod enhancement

--Client Side Plugin for players

--RGB clothes and sabers + various saber core/line/trails styles effects.

--Extensive Anti cheat system ( Macro scan , models exploit, yawspeed....etc...)

--Client scripts that bind keys to improve accessibility and more...

--gender support for missing skins (replaced by a default male or a female model)

--JA+ BitValue calculator to compute all bit value CVars.

--BaseJKA vehicle limit of 16 modified to allow a maximum of 32 distinct vehicles to be spawned in a map.

--Maximum size of .veh & .vwp files increased to allow the loading of a lot more pk3 vehicle files (more than 50).

--JA+ server tracker for website (server info in real time, who's playing, rcon cmds, server configs....viewable in a web page)

-- JA+ sabers Support : a great saber pack included, new hilts...etc.. with extended sabers features like holstering animations and holsters model.

--Many lot of corrected basejka Bugs

Quick Install

- just delete all pk3 files in your gamedata/japlus folder.

- then unzip this zip file into your gamedata folder. It should place all needed pk3 files into your gamedata/japlus folder

- then load the mod using the load mod menu of your game

PS : the japlus_gla_anims.pk3 must be installed in BASE folder and not in japlus folder on both server and clients in order to use them.

for detailed info, go in japlus\japlus_doc

For detailed notes about the plugin, read the Plugin_readme.rtf

PS: For MAC users, all the dll are now integrated in the PK3 of the mod. You need the MAC Patch1.01C and also the 1.01d or above to make it working.

you can get this 1.01C from http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=17967

you can get this 1.01D patch from http://www.brad-oliver.com:8080/~boliver/JKJA_101d.sit or http://www.japlus.net/japlus/JKJA_101d.sit

mirror http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13253.html

You will find a detailed MAC install howTo made by DarthZappa in japlus/japlus_doc/japlusmac-howto.zip

What is new in this version?

More details on each feature in the whole documentation in japlus\japlus_doc

- improvement of the cvar g_teamForceBalance(3, 2 , 1 or 0 default 3) : used to balance the number of players in each team.

if > 0, in team gametype except siege, at the end of level (timelimit, fraglimit, capture limit hit...etc ), the server will balance the teams for the nextmap based on player's scores.

the 1st ranked player go in a team, the 2nd in another, the 3rd in team of the 1st player, the 4st go in the other team,.....etc.....

if 0 , this is desactivated

if 1 : default basejka value : players can't join a team if it unbalances the number of players in each team.

if 2 :same as for 1 but, when a player disconnect, it may unbalance teams. So at respawn, the youngest connected player will be moved in the other team to balance the number of players.

if 3 : same as for 1 but, when a player disconnect, it may unbalance teams. So at respawn, the lowest or the best ranked player will be auto moved in the other team to balance the number of players depending on the team scores.

- High speed URL AutoDownload Redirect for needed Pk3 when connecting a server:

this feature enable players to download with high speed the needed pk3 files (like maps, npc, vehicles, sabers...etc...) to be able to play on your server.

new cvar jp_DlBaseURL ( URL default value "" ex: value "http://www.japlus.net/japlus/" )

// jp_DlBaseURL is the equivalent to your gamedata folder.

// so if your server have a pk3 test.pk3 under the base folder and if you want people to be able download it, your Website must contain

// this file at [jp_DlBaseURL]base/test.pk3 Exemple : http://www.japlus.net/japlus/base/test.pk3 .

// remember the server will only make player download the real needed files and not all files.

// PS : Player need the lastest JA+ Plugin 1.4 or above for this feature.

- Wall ledge Grab improvement: you now must press 2 times the Jump button to grab the wall/ledge. So the wallLedge grab feature is now much more under your entire control.

you need the lastest plugin 1.4 or above for this improvement.

- jp_startMapVoteTimer ( integer in second default 60 ) : when a level start, player will have to wait this time before to callVote. This is ideal to prevent people from calling for exemple

a change of map just at entering the level because it tend to disconnect a lot of connecting players.

- jp_maxConnFromIP (integer default 2): max number of connections per IPs. It prevent your server from beeing attacked with a fake player Denial of Service.

the use of those kind of Server attacks can lag your server (based on quake3 engine) terribly and even crash it.

Since this DoS attack program was released ( i prefer not to say where to find it for evident reason), server owners reported that some immature players are more and more

using it to lag and crash servers.

- Improvement in the new attacks management (gameplay and damages).

- new nice star wars models from neomarz parametered in the modelscale.cfg

- Fix: the jp_pushAll 2 (CTF Flags Pushable/Pullable) is now fixed. A flag that is falling into a Pit will respawn correctly.

- Fix : correction of the bugs on the / model and the sabersNotUsuable in MP when jp_allowDmgSpeedScale is On (modelScale System).

- Fix: Some of the sabers lengths in the japlus_saber.pk3 were shorter than the basejka sabers. So it is now fixed.

- Fix: amprotected players are now unprotected when doing a melee kata.

Whats highlander FFA?

Reminds me of the old sword fighting show and movie, where the dudes were invincible and the only way to kill them was to slice of their heads.

I have wondered that myself! I often desired to make a Highlander mod for one of the Jedi Knight games, but I lacked the necessary coding skill and time needed to create it. Oh well. I'm guessing it's just a sabers only gametype where only headshots count? Correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds fun.

I haven't played JA+ in years, due to my dislike of certain ideological choices made by the author of the mod in the past, that I thought destroyed competativeness and game balance.

However...

Over in recent months, it seems Slider has really improved his mod by making it less abusive. I hope more servers that formerly ran these abusive versions are now switching to these new superior editions.

;)

Hi,

Highlander is very old in JA+ mod.

I am surprised you don't know it.

Let's make a quick summmary.

Highlander is made to recreate the movie ambiance of Highlander.

It is a modification of the FFA gametype.

At the beginning of a match, all players try to kill each other in a fast and furious way.

YOu begins with few forces powers and low power in your forces levels.

YOu also begin with 1 life.

When you kill someone, and if his number of lives is 0, (it means you really killed him), you gain his forces type and also his forces level (like in the movie).

So the more you kill, the more you become powerfull.

Also gain one life if you succeed to kill someone.

When your number of lives is 0, you become a ghost and can't fight until the end game.

At the end there can be only one and a new match will take place.

The 2 final duelers who are still alive will fight until one of the duelers has 0 life remaining.

the number of lives is made to recreate the immortal feeling..

When you die you respawn if your number of lives is still > 0.

WHen you kill someone, you will have a quickening effect like in the movie (you will see a storm and thunder and you take enemy forces and forces level)...

However...

Over in recent months, it seems Slider has really improved his mod by making it less abusive. I hope more servers that formerly ran these abusive versions are now switching to these new superior editions.

;)

thanks kurgan, but instead of saying this is less abusable, you could simply say that JA+ IS NOT ABUSABLE any more.

I am really wondering how you could now abuse with JA+...

But nevermind , if someone find a way, just let me know so that i can better the mod

I have wondered that myself! I often desired to make a Highlander mod for one of the Jedi Knight games, but I lacked the necessary coding skill and time needed to create it. Oh well. I'm guessing it's just a sabers only gametype where only headshots count? Correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds fun.

I haven't played JA+ in years, due to my dislike of certain ideological choices made by the author of the mod in the past, that I thought destroyed competativeness and game balance.

However...

;)

I knew the movie "Highlaner" would be the first thing to cross Kurgan's mind. :D

yes they didn't like the way it was because they prefered to have a full control on when they grab or not

so i basically modified the wall grab management to add the wall ledge detection

i think the 2 way are nice...

but too many people complained on my forum, so i changed it

yes they didn't like the way it was because they prefered to have a full control on when they grab or not

so i basically modified the wall grab management to add the wall ledge detection

i think the 2 way are nice...

but too many people complained on my forum, so i changed it

So, you have to press the jump button a second time when you're touching the wall ledge?

*shrug* I'd think that would make the ledge grab too hard to use in emergency situation. I don't know, I think in retrospect the maps just aren't set up to use it very often.

Well, no one maps with idea of a ledge grab... I know I never took that into consideration when I used to map...

Is this for MP only, like the previous versions? Can you make a SP version? Please?

Its not possible because the SP hasn't been released. The devs won't release it either... so... no SP code modifications can be done. All you can do is map/script/model/skin/animate for SP.

Oh. Too bad; I'd love an RGB saber. Not to mention it'd be awesome to grab ledges. That, IMHO, is the best mod in JA+.

BTW, I think you made Morgan Katarn a little too powerful. I was dueling him, and he encased me in colored rings, stabbed me, and Force Pushed me off a ledge and to my death. Was that necessary? I checked, I sure as heck can't do that. :(

I found out recently that all NPC's in JA+ can do that. So it must be possible for me to do that; the AI becomes too powerful, even when I use my mastery of the Saber Staff (hance, my name). The AI just uses that when it's losing, and I go from 75 Health and 56 Shields to 46 Health and 0 Shields. Then, there's the impact of falling from the Force Push... When I see it again, I'll post a screenshot for you.

So, you have to press the jump button a second time when you're touching the wall ledge?

*shrug* I'd think that would make the ledge grab too hard to use in emergency situation. I don't know, I think in retrospect the maps just aren't set up to use it very often.

yeah exactly, you need to press jump another time at the ledge hight...

People seems tto prefer to have the entire control uppon the feature..

oh f**k yeah for the HTTP redirects.. :D

been lookin for a m0d that can do this for a long time..

Don't get me wrong, it's a good feature for slider to have in his mod, but IIRC, Xmod2 and RedSlushie have both had this feature for a long time...

thanks kurgan, but instead of saying this is less abusable, you could simply say that JA+ IS NOT ABUSABLE any more.

I am really wondering how you could now abuse with JA+...

But nevermind , if someone find a way, just let me know so that i can better the mod

Well some things I still wonder about like "chat god" and slap (even though you are prevented from using it much anymore, it could still be used to win a battle). Can you still sleep/freeze or teleport people? Because those could be used to kill them, for example.

Otherwise, you're right, I don't think JA+ sounds abusable anymore. It may not be the same gameplay or style as basejka, but it's not like it used to be, and for that, kudos. ;)

PS: If those things are no longer a problem, then I stand corrected about your mod today!

Hi,

Highlander is very old in JA+ mod.

I am surprised you don't know it.

Let's make a quick summmary.

Highlander is made to recreate the movie ambiance of Highlander.

It is a modification of the FFA gametype.

At the beginning of a match, all players try to kill each other in a fast and furious way.

YOu begins with few forces powers and low power in your forces levels.

YOu also begin with 1 life.

When you kill someone, and if his number of lives is 0, (it means you really killed him), you gain his forces type and also his forces level (like in the movie).

So the more you kill, the more you become powerfull.

Also gain one life if you succeed to kill someone.

When your number of lives is 0, you become a ghost and can't fight until the end game.

At the end there can be only one and a new match will take place.

The 2 final duelers who are still alive will fight until one of the duelers has 0 life remaining.

the number of lives is made to recreate the immortal feeling..

When you die you respawn if your number of lives is still > 0.

WHen you kill someone, you will have a quickening effect like in the movie (you will see a storm and thunder and you take enemy forces and forces level)...

I heard about it a long time ago, but didn't know anything about it, and had no time to test...

Sounds very cool! Like LMS (Last Man Standing), but with the addition of the inhereiting their powers and cool effect. I like the sound of that.

So if you have the same powers as the one you killed your levels just increase?

I was hoping though that you could actually count only decapitations. Oh well, can't have everything... ;)

Well some things I still wonder about like "chat god" and slap (even though you are prevented from using it much anymore, it could still be used to win a battle). Can you still sleep/freeze or teleport people? Because those could be used to kill them, for example.

the way it is now coded you can't abuse like that

For your suppositions on how highlander is working,

yes you are rightn if you kill some who has the same force type as you, it will increase your force level...

If the man you kill has other forces it add force type to your forces list

Okay, so you can't, for example, in the middle of a fight, turn on "chat god" in order to avoid being killed, or disrupt a battle that's going on (standing in the middle of a hallway invincible)?

And you can't sleep somebody as they are jumping over a pit, then unsleep them so they fall in? (Or teleport them into lava). Or sleep/freeze them, lay a bunch of mines nearby, then unfreeze/unsleep and have them explode?

I just want to be sure I am understanding correctly how this all works. :)

No you can't do that as those cmds and god chat is not working in the real ffa dimension...

it only works in the honour dimension that people use to chat or duel..

SO if someone do that in the honour dimension, this is not problem as the score is not important in honour dimension.

HOnour dimension is not a competive one...

All the things that can interfere with competetive things are automatically disable in the competitive gametype and reall ffa dimension

admins do not send lamer in this dimension

people by default enter this dimension wich is the default ffa dimension...

and they can choose to enter the honour dimension if they want...

if someone entering the honour dimension is not respecting the honours rules of trhe server , the admin can force this player to stay in the ffa dimension

Archived