Home

What's the proudest video game achievement of your life?

BongoBob

I have 2, a couple months ago I beat the original Tony Hawks Pro Skater on PS1 in under 25 minutes. And just now, I beat Halo 1 on legendary*meaning every level beat on it*. I'm still kind of in shock.

Oh, and I beat a bunch of damn good people at halo 1 on pc on slayer...on a 56k modem. Damn that was cool.

Got to level 114 in Sobics

Got a 30 Burnout Chain in Burnout 2

tiesrecord.jpg

In a Roadster on my favorite track (think Big Surf was its name)

(For those who haven't played it before, 8 would be very good, 12 would be awesome, 15 would be incredible.....)

Was 15th best in the world at Mechwarriors 4 for a few days.

Only guy left on my team in Gunz, 5 other people chasing me. Stood at the alley and shot off my rifle and smgs as 4 of them charged up the alleyway. Rolled through them when they got to the top, turned around, shot all 4 in the back. :D

Went around and found some ammo and shot down the 5th.

And I love Halo CTF; drove a hog into red base, blocked front entrance, stole the flag, ran out the back, jacked their hog, and drove home and scored.

:D

Other than that, a bunch of SSBM things; I'm the best at SSBM in my neighborhood so I guess that counts for something.

And I'm one of the best Helms Deep players in Starcraft. <_<

I made some really popular models for JA that got pretty dang famous. And I met some fans. Does that count?

NO!

Ha, J/K

screen010.jpg

No whoring at all, just ITZ, a support gun, and a totally kick-ass medic who was german and couldn't understand me when I thanked him.

Too bad it wasn't ranked, did this in the first days of having the game before I knew the importance of ranked servers.

I once annihilated an entire team in CTF Halo before being hit once. I then followed it up with a rocket lead death on a ghost driver. And before I died, I stuck 2 Plasma grenades to the warthog that ran me down - at least I think I got ran down. I was getting hit from all sides.

Then there was the time when it was 7 vs 7 CTF and I had all the sucky players on my team and we ended up shutting out the 'other' guys. I had about 12x's the kills of their best player. I was forced to play murder support and I pulled it off like a ****ing champ.

Lvl 99 Amazon and the number 1 UsEast Hardcore Ladder in the 1.08 Patch of Diablo 2...

achieved in 2 weeks after i drunkenly deleted my lvl 98 instead of my ironman lvl 9 pvp

Only to DIE 3 days later to about 500 Might Cows while Mfing...>< RIP Mileenah

and 1730 rating for Number 1 spot on Bladeworks JA League Network.... thats bout it only 2 games besides Guild Wars i have played online in 7 years... sigh.

Hmmm, in Halo 1 I was playing co-op with my bro, and he ran me over (I started a fight) in the warthog on the second level, just passed the cave with the energy bridge, and he drove up the hill. I threw a plasma from the bottom and hit him right when he was on the top. I know its not much but he was really POed after that.

And then this one time in Halo 2 on Live I killed an entire team in a warthog with no gunner or passenger and they had a guy witha rocket.

Hmmm... one of my first times playing half life some dude was showing me around... teaching me things, explaining the guns thoroughly and the items... etc... and another hardcore gamer popped up and they got into a psycho gun fight, running around in circles spraying bullets and grenades everywhere, it was intense...

Since I was new I sorta stood back... I had some det packs... and they were still literally running in circles, so I through a det pack in the middle and blew them both to peices.

They congratulated me and said it was a very rare ... hit? I can't remember now, but it was cool as crap. I was a n00b too... :D

Another time in CS I was the only guy left on my team and I took out the other team... I was a n00b then too. (seriously, I stuck with half life for about 3 weeks)

Another time in JKA around 5 dudes were in a FFA saber fight, and I jumped over their heads dropping det packs and blowing them up... got kicked. :-\

I completely suck at video games. The only one I was ever any good at was Tetris. I didn't go for score, I went for total number of lines completed. My personal best is something like 221 or 222 lines or something like that starting on level 9 (which starts you off at the drop speed of level 9).

Is Rhett really good at them and own you at everything?

Because I have that problem with my brother.

Eh, I'd have to say clearing F-Zero GX story mode on Hard (with a few Very Hard one's thrown in). I swear, that game is not designed to be beaten. Stupid $1.00 AX machines...

Either that or playing the full version of Commander Keen 6. Just the fact that I actually managed to scrape it off the internet is an achievement...

Best? The one I remember as one of my best performance was in Forgotten Hope, a mod for BF1942.

I was playing Omaha Beach: Charlie Sector. For those who know Forgotten Hope, this is a map where the US loses almost all their games. It was an improvement on the previous but no matter.

I started by stating how we're all going to die because I don't trust my teammates (public server, you know...).

Well, some guy told me not to worry.

He was right of course.

So we started attacking the german fortification. Me and a few others tried an alternate route instead of the bunkers. Others took care of that. Neverthless, the bunkers are the main objectives so I was only used for relieving a bit of pressure.

We struck hard, very hard but casualties were high. We finally managed to take the bunkers but were pinned down by the many coastal guns and enemy MG-42 emplacements.

Casualties kept on rising but we didn't give up.

I managed to kill many enemies with my trusty Garand through the dust storm created by the massive german artillery bombardment on the bunkers. We managed to get through and lead an assault towards the central flag when two gunmen managed to sneak past the whole german defensive line to cap the back flag. It was over for the germans.

Me and some guy with a BAR led an assault on the remaining flag. We took position near some crates and started laying down supressing fire. Needless to say, the germans were stupid enough to keep their heads up during that time.

It was only a matter of time until the germans lost their last flag. So we moved it to get it. Once it was taken it was all over.

Out of anger from the pain they inflicted upon our comrades, we started hunting down the remaining germans.

One was hiding in a crater. We went by him and trying to surprise 6 US soldiers with Garands and Thompsons, he lept out of the crater.

Needless to say, he died without accomplishing much but for the fun of it, all 6 of us emptied our clips on them.

When finally, we got victory, cheers started being spammed and shots were fired in the sky as we raised the flag of liberation.

All that to say that I got the best K/D rate and highest kill count as a US soldier on that map which is quite rare.

25/10 to be precise which in a 32 players server for Forgotten Hope is already pretty high overall.

oh oh oh! _o/ *tells his story*

One of my best moments happened many years ago, the game was GoldenEye, the difficulty was Perfect Agent, the level was the Depot. All of my mission objectives were complete, I had NO life left, all the lights on my watch were dim, 24 bullets left in my Deutsche and all I had to do was run to train and get in. Only problem was that it was A LONG way away and I was stuck inside the garage with a hellova lot of men camped outside of the door waiting for me to run out and get my ass shot to hell.

The best part of this story is that I had 3 of my friends watching me play. All of us were dead silent when the moment came to open that door... I did it, ducked shot a few men with a few short bursts in their knees and shins. RAN like hell making sure I grabbed at least one or two guns then continued to run like hell past them as all of their shots missed me! I had NO idea how they all missed me but I kept running, into the last building, made my way to the safe, got to the last door, opened it killed the last guards, opened the train doors and wasted my last bullets as I ran in and ended the mission.

I couldn't believe me eyes, I should've died as soon as I opened that garage door all the way back there, but somehow I made it. My friends couldn't believe it either but man :D It was one hellova good moment to be had as a gamer. My friends thought I was a god.

Goldeneye64

Facility Level

License to Kill

Slappers only

4 players

Spun around while everyone was around me, tapping the trigger as fast as I could. Killed everyone 3 times before they got me. Yeah, that was my best.

XD I was unstoppable in GoldenEye/Perfect Dark.

3 friends VS me.

that's how it was all the time after they figured out they couldn't beat me one on one. of course it never changed anything for them, but it made it more fun for me :D

Who the f*** told you? I want names and I want them now! *shakes fist*

Yeah, I suck at games. I'm just not really into games all that much. Rhett's the game guy and I'm the movie guy. I love to play video games for fun every now and then but I'm just not into them like Rhett is. Rhett just got good at Jedi Knight because he'd spend countless hours writing mods and crap for it. I guess that just led into him being good at other games.

You should see us playing Halo. We'd set it to like 15 frags or something and I'd only kill him twice before he won the match. Some times he would let me win out of pity. ...STFU!

You've got it easy, my brother's been beating games forever. He has to get good at everything, and beat everything. I stopped trying to beat him on most games. I ask him how he does so good every once in awhile, and he starts to tell me all these complex rules and strategys that he just figured out while playing. And when I get a game and try to beat it, i'll get to level 5 or something and quit for awhile, then he gets on and beats it in one run. And he's always top on his guild/clan. And it's not just video games either; chess, monopoly, you name it. And he get's bored because no one can beat him.

I'm the exact opposate as well, I suck at just about everything. Even games of chance I seem to fail at. Ah well, I dunno why I should even care anymore.

There are a fair few moments that spring to mind. The first was when I was playing Battlefield 1942 on the Battleaxe map. I was on foot, and trying to hide from a tank which didn't seem to be very friendly, what with the whole shooting at me thing. It was at the side of the main playing area of the map, which doesn't have much in the way of cover. Still, I somehow managed to stay alive long enough for the tank to get bored, and drive away to the middle control point. I was the anti-tank class at the time, so despite the fact that bazooka rockets are very slow, and despite the fact that they lose altitude quite quickly, and despite the fact that the tank was on full health, and driving away quite quickly, I decided to attempt to shoot him. Now he wasn't driving directly away from me, but was travelling at an angle, so the shot was like this:

Control point

/
      /
Tank
             Me

As anyone who's played BF1942 knows, a single bazooka hit to the rear of a tank will destroy it instantly, so despite it being a completely impossible shot, I attempted it anyway. The three or four seconds that came afterwards were just brilliant to watch - seeing the rocket arc down perfectly as the tank drove straight into it. Awesome moment.

Another one that I fondly remember was whilst playing HL2DM. I was involved in a gravity gun battle with somebody, and it managed to last quite a while with neither of us killing the other (which probably says something about our lack of skill), until it got to the point where I had blocked the guy into a corner with the sheer amount of stuff I had thrown at him. He started to clear the stuff away, but not quick enough to escape the grenade which I threw behind it. That one had me grinning for ages. First time I'd ever seen anything like it in online gaming. Or any gaming for that matter.

Archived