Home

quake 3 source

Tinny

i created a dedicated server for JKA based on the quake3 source in order to fix the UDP large request crash exploit....

it seems to work execpt for the ghoul2 system source that i don't have....

I know Wudan succeed to interprete and create GLM and GLA in this dragon tool....;

So perhaps we could create our own dedicated server?

at the moment mine seems to succeed to start the maps of JKA

this is just the GLM which is not loaded

so we would have to create the GLM management into the source and also GLA mangement and also the Trace code for those models

the render engine has also been modified heavily and your playerState_t and entityState_t functions have a **** load more stuff for jka.

also you guys are forgetting that we dont have ICARUS either.

i think its safe to say we cant really fix up jka without having the jka engine :/

playerState_t and entityState_t is probably not the most difficult part...

But icarus...... heu lol WHAT'S THAT BAD WORD lol !!!

it will be hard...

i think OJP had some code from raven for that?

but is it really needed to run a dedicated server?

i don't really know a lot about icarus...

I thought in was only for SP but not MP

it is used for simple stuff, but you can do alot more with scripting than what comes with the game. Many of the more advanced and good maps out there have scripts in them, and a few of my maps have some basic scripts in them. It is mostly for mappers to make the maps more interactive, but I dont think they are NEEDED to run a server with. You probably just couldnt play any of the maps that use scripts if you dont have icarus.

the frist step would be to include ghoul2 C code from Wudan (if he accepts) and recode all the trap syscall function that the game dll is using in order to know were are each bones based on the animations...

it could be nice to have our own compatible dedicated server for ja based on quake3...

we could then code encryption for rcon password and and encryption in data transmission to avoid snifer on LAN network to know the rconpasswords....

I will be able to port my fix to correct the large udp request exploit that crash servers

and we be able to have many others things

like microphone support like for CS source

....Etc;;;;

I don't want to sound negative here, but the Ghoul2 system is probably too complicated to replicate blindly. Besides, we really don't need access to the core engine code except in the case of minor security updates and such.

As for SP code stuff, I do have the SP NPC AI code (all of it except the supporting templete files), most of the .dll side of ICARUS, and misc files from the rest of the dll code. I've been told to keep it low profile because many people take the mentioning of SP code the wrong way.

I'm currently porting the core NPC AI navigation code and have already ported several NPC classes into MP. This code is C++ based and uses a lot of hot, hot templete action so it's taking a while to fill in the missing classes.

what is geo modding?

Hey Slider, geo modding was first featured in a game called Red Faction. The engine allowed for the dynamic destruction of the environment so say I had a rocket launcher, I could make a cave in a cliff wall. Or if i had several grenades and a bunker, I could make a tunnel with my explosives. This was done without scripting like func_breakable in the q3 based games. Plus red faction was able to do it without having the game have choppy frame rates (this is an old game btw and runs fine on old computers).

razorace: the ghoul2 hit detection sucks anyway... didn't xmod improve that?

Ghoul2 isn't bad at all. It's just operating in a laggy env, with a single model used for all playermodels, and with saber hit detection code that wasn't designed to be laser point accurate.

I don't know about xmod but I personally rewrote a large amount of the saber hit detection to make it work better. It's still not perfect, but you can't expect 100% accuracy in a 20 fps server setup with using the Kyle model for all the hit detection.

in order to create a dedicated server based on quake3 source, we don't need tp remake hit detection.

this part of the code is located in the game dll and not the server dedicated needed code...

at the moment, what prevent me from connect my own dedicated server based on quake3 source is just the ghoul2 mangement that is lacking...

the hit detection in game dll is using trap syscall cmd that we need to recode in the dedicated server... (like update the trap_trace cmd to detect glm models )

hum i am not sure to understand what you mean with hit detection?

are u speaking about jampgame.dll code or dedicated server code?

i was thinking i only need to add ghoul2 support and gla support and recode all trap syscall that are relative to ghoul2 in order to the jampgame.dll to know where are all bones of a model based on the animations and therefore detect saber moves ...etc

perhaps you are speaking about surface detection in the GLM model? (like tags *back, *l_arm ....etc...)

Archived