Home

Help me plz its about the .bat file!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark_Jark

1) Click on the Start menu

2) Click on 'Run...'

3) Type in "explorer.exe". Hit Enter.

4) In the Windows Explorer window that opens up, on the menu bar select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options...'

5) Under the 'Folder Options' window, go to the 'View' tab.

6) Under the 'Advanced settings:' uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types'

7) Click OK and close all the windows I had you open up.

Now you should be able to see the file extensions on all your files. Rename the text file that you created so that it ends in ".bat" (without the quote marks).

EDIT: :blush2:. The answer yellowblood gives at http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1905914#post1905914 is mush easier. You also don't need to double post your questions. They will get answered any where you post them.

To make a .bat all you need to do is:

1. open notepad.

2. type the code or whatever its called for the server

3. save but save the file name as whatever you want it to be called .bat (example: server.bat). wherever you saved it, there will be the batch file. to change it, right click on it and click edit. it will open it as if it were in notepad.

:) :) :) :)

/win /norender /nosound /autonet dedicated /resolution 640 480 /gamename {test} /adminpw {test} /tps 30 /playerlimit 30 /playercount 1 /bots 12 /noaim /noteamdamage /difficulty 3 /bootlagger 300 /heroes 1 /hrunlock 3 /hrunlockvalue 15 /hrplayer 1 /hrteam 3 /hrrespawn 2 /hrrespawnvalue 30 /pregametime 14 /voicemode 2 /throttle 6144 /spawn 3 /netregion NA spa1g_1flag 200 200 spa1g_ass 200 200 tan1g_con 200 200 tan1g_1flag 200 200 uta1g_con 200 200 uta1g_1flag 200 200 tan1c_con 200 200 tan1c_1flag 200 200 uta1c_con 200 200 uta1c_1flag 200 200

Copy and paste that into notepad. Put the path for your SWBF II beta in quotes at the beginning (eg:"C:/Program Files/Lucasarts/Star Wars Battlefront II beta/GameData/battlefrontII[or whatever]). then replace the things in {} with wat ever you want (admin password and server name). this will give u all the maps in order, GCW first then CW. I DID NOT WRITE THAT SERVER. THANK YOU TO WROTE (i dont remember its from another thread).

Then save the notepad file as [whatever you want it to be called].bat

Alternatively, you could Google search "how to make a batch file". I bet Microsoft has a help page for it.

Archived