Home

Jedi Knights: Masters of the Force

Shana

((OOC: The only other thing I can say is it would be extremely unlike Luke Skywalker to send a childish student without a master onto a mission, but Strider -is- babysitting this one so I suppose Luke figures as long as Strider's around that'll count too. Also, apparently one side of Yavin transitions differently than the other, because as far as I'm concerned it's still daytime where Strider, Fir, Riebe, Alyssa, and all the others (Too lazy to list) are at.))

Strider nodded and bowed to Riebe and replied, "I don't expect you to remember to call me that, which is why I still respond to Craig. I've been doing fine, how have you and the other girls been doing...?"

He turned as the other women arrived,

"Well, Alyssa is obviously doing well. Where is Caitlin and Erica though? Haven't seen them since I arrived," he asked, not knowing at all of Caitlin's passing.

((OOC: I don't recall Strider meeting Briana and Gavin, so for right now I'm gong to post as if he doesn't, if you say he has, I'll fix it accordingly.))

He turned to face Briana and Gavin, his red cloak swirling to his side as he did so, and said, "Greetings to you as well. I'm Strider Flamehart. I don't know if either of you know me at all, but then again Alyssa or Riebe might've spilled the beans about everything regarding the remaining Sith Hunters by now."

He smiled fondly at the memory and said, "I can safely say Alyssa's expression was priceless when she finally got proof I was really Strider, even after I told her several times that was my real name."

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yes, the look on my face must have been rather priceless," Alyssa laughed. "I'd been trying for months to defeat the records of a man I was sure was dead only to find that he still lives."

"As for Caitlin, Erica, and Nadira," Riebe said. "Erica and Nadira still teach the younger children, from what I hear."

"And Master Bryce became one with the Force at least three years ago," Briana said bowing slightly at Strider's introduction.

"I've heard of you," Briana said. "Though we've never had the chance to meet. Rumor has it you were considering returning to the Academy before now... and if you had, you'd have probably ended up training my brother."

"A pleasure to meet my almost-master," Gavin said pleasantly. "Welcome back to the Jedi."

OCC: At the Jedi Academy Kyle was always out-somewhere, when he was needed... =) And Luke knowed it of-course, because Kyle needed a babysitter more, than the main character. :) And Skywalker "feeled", that Tai could handle himself... Tai haven't many friends and spend a lotta time for practicing the Force, the Lightsaber moves, and playing/listening to music... (Er, anyone knows, what kinds of string guitar-like instrumens were i SW universe?)

And the plot:

Tai went to his room but could not get to sleep, 'cause was aching to go on the mission, so he went to serch for someone familiar... After long time searching (and I say again, he haven't many friends) Tai ended at his master's room...

BTW, his master was awaiting him and they spend the time checking Tai's equipment.

(could someone interfere, 'cause I don't like being playing with m-self. =) And Tai isn't the kind of guy to interfere in his barely-known-comrades' memories of their past.) =/

P.S. And I just have no idea of what Tai's master could be.

((Well it might be better to interfere so he can get to know his comrades better to realize who he's going to be training with.))

Strider bowed deeply at hearing of Caitlin's passing. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear anything about it, but I thought I did feel a passing in the Force. As for Erica and Nadira, I'm glad to hear they're all right as well. I don't age either, like Riebe, so it is rather upsetting for me to see those around me age as such."

Strider didn't realize it until now that all the time he had been around these people, he had not once shared the information about the passing of his own master, and at the thought of this, held back emotions of his own that were building up from rememberence of this loss.

He paused for a moment, letting his emotions simmer down, then continued, "Glad to hear you've heard of me. I was considering returning some time ago, but some things came up that delayed my return. As for training Gavin, I had no earthly clue who I was going to end up training, I just got back here today so any news is news to me."

He smirked at Gavin's response and replied, "Thanks for the welcome, and if either of you are to be my apprentice, you've got your work cut out for you, because I have loads to teach, and I'm confident you'll learn it."

He ran one hand through his black hair, then looked at Alyssa, "As for beating my scores...Never!!" he said with a grin, "I'm more than confident you could beat them, Alyssa. I'm probably going to try retaking the test sometime, however, so I can just see how much I've improved since my padawan days four thousand years ago."

Strider raised an eyebrow and responded, "Skywalker doesn't beg, so I already know you're spinning your own twist on that." Then, he smirked, "Also, if being more than four thousand years old is considered young, I'd be afraid to see what you consider old."

He turned and accepted Borown's handshake. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well. I'm giving up on telling you people to stop calling me an honor though, people like me too much it seems," he said with a grin.

"Coming with you?" Riebe laughed. "I don't even know where you're going... though with him," gesturing to Strider, "it's bound to be an adventure." She chuckled. "No, Alyssa and I will probably get caught up with Erica and Nadira and then head out again. You'll just have two highly talented Knights tailing you..."

"And you needn't worry about training the twins, Strider," Alyssa told him. "Riebe trained Briana. Kyle trained Gavin. I helped with both of them."

"Though neither of us are close to beating your records," Gavin chuckled. "Perhaps we do have a few things we could learn from you."

Strider saw Fir's grin in the corner of his eye, and knew plainly well what had passed through his mind. He remembered his master had an impeccable ability to read expressions and even read thoughts, and then find the meaning behind them, a skill she had passed the knowledge of how to do on to him.

Strider nodded at what Riebe said, and replied, "You say I need not worry about training them, but as far as I'm concerned, all Jedi, even us older ones, always have more to learn. As for my records, I'd really wouldn't put much thought into them. If you can come in second place behind them, the person behind me..." he paused to think about it, then continued with a smirk, "was either Jolee Bindo, Bastila, Malak, or Revan. I can 't remember which of those Jedi were behind me, but if you could place higher than their scores that makes you quite formidable."

He paused, thought about something, realizing many would ask when he would educate others about what he knew, he said, "I probably won't extend forth with information about everything I know, at least until I get a padawan and I consider him or her at age enough to learn. My master taught me everything she knew, and before her passing, I promised I'd do the same for my apprentice when I returned to the Order. However, I will teach anyone here on this mission that has room to learn some tricks of the trade, such as a bit of hand to hand here and there, and, the thing Alyssa had fun learning, fighting without relying on the Force. I'm afraid there's some other tricks I've learned I'll have to keep to myself, because they were either from being a Sith once, or something too risky to teach a Jedi that I picked up while bein ga Mercenary. Hopefully I won't slip up and use them around the younger ones here and teach them something they don't need to know," he finished with a slight grin.

"They may like you, but who said I did? I am honoured to meet you because of what you have done, not who you are." Borown said then bowed and left.

Borown got out his saber and went to the practise area.

"Set it to strider Flameharts record."

"but don't you want to work your way up?" said the man in the booth.

"No, do as I ask."

"Alright, but if you start to get swamped..."

"Now!"

"Yeah, hold on...and there we go, you're all ready to go."

"Good."

"Fun?" Alyssa laughed. "You call it 'fun' to learn fighting without the Force?" She turned to the others. "I'll admit I had amazing teachers... but 'fun' is hardly the word I'd use to describe the training."

"What do you mean?" Briana asked.

"Picture this," Alyssa said. "You're just learning to fight with the Force against people that have killing you as the last thing on their minds. Then, you run off and join up with a bunch of crazies intent on rescuing some guy you've never heard of..."

"I resent the 'crazies' designation," Riebe interrupted. Alyssa ignored her.

"So you end up in a place filled with Ysalimiri and are forced to fight Dark Jedi," she concluded. "You know they're only interested in killing all of you, so it's either learn to fight without the Force and do so very quickly or die."

"Best way to learn something," Riebe chuckled. "If your life is on the line, you'll do anything to keep it."

"My training proved you felt that way," Briana laughed. She half-turned. "Not a day went by when Riebe and Alyssa got us into some serious conflict or other..." she laughed. "Somehow, I'm not quite sure that's what Master Skywalker means when he says 'learning by doing'."

"And why not?" Riebe demanded indignantly. "You've sufficiently learned how to avoid death, haven't you?"

"By avoiding it!" Alyssa laughed.

"So what is this mission about anyway?" Gavin cut in, trying to steer the discussion back to what he thought the topic was supposed to be.

Strider shrugged, knowing exactly where Borown was going, hoping that by setting the targets to perform on his level that Borown would have some energy left over for the mission. He put it in the back of his head and then answered Gavin's question, "Apparently there are some Force-users on the planet of Serenno using unseen-before-now black bladed lightsabers have been appearing out of an old temple there and harassing or killing the inhabitants. We're going to investigate."

He turned to Riebe, "We've all sufficiently learned how to avoid death, Riebe. We all just take the situation into our own hands differently."

He turned to the rest of the group, "Having said that, please do not be shocked or scream if I take a blaster bolt to the chest and fall down. I've suffered -far- worse, and Alyssa can attest to that from what she saw me take when my attention distracted for a minute in that Sith Temple. I'll probably get right back up within a few moments. If I don't assume it rendered me temporarily unconcious and just drag me along, I'll come to in a bit."

- "Enough with all the non sense" - Lyla said and continued - "It is getting late and we will be departing for the mission tomorrow bright and early, anybody who's not up and geared up by the "Knight V", which is the special designated ship for our trip, will be left behind" - she ended.

Mara and Leia left quickly after and went to their quarters, night was falling and all the academy was at peace.

The next morning, Lyla was waiting at the loading platform.

- "Everyone in the mission report and fall in" - Lyla said calling out to the others.

Sawyer went to his ship, and took a bottle of corellian brandy from under his seat. He poured himself a shot. He raised it up

"Here's to you old man." He said bitterly, and threw the contents of the glass onto the ground. Then he drank the entire bottle. It was the only way he could get a decent night's sleep these days.

======

The next morning he awoke, feeling as always, like hell. He concentrated for a minute, and soon the hangover was gone. It was a trick he had taught himself and he hadn't shared with anyone. He considered taking a bottle with him, but decided against it, and headed to the Knight V

"Reporting in ma'am" He told Lyla, and gave her a mock salute.

- "Ugh!!!" - Lyla made this noise of annoyance at Fir.

She saw Strider coming in and bowed.

- "Come in Master Flamehart, we are leaving" - Lyla said.

Lyla checked her Datapad and found a note.

Lyla: I've assigned Tai White to your squad, he is going with you keep an eye out for him, this is his test to become a knight.

Luke Skywalker

"Oh no", Lyla thought, it was Tai the weirdest boy in the academy.

- "This is gonna be a long trip" - Lyla said to herself and stood close to the door of the ship to register the others that were coming, she was expecting Borown, she wanted Borown to come.

Archived