Home

Saberlocking doesnt work in a powerduel game

jedi-Guard

The same commands that enable it elsewhere should enable it there.

I know that saber locking in JA is very rare, and I honestly get them maybe once every 5 games, if that (and I duel rarely enough as it is). Perhaps somebody knows how to consistently make it happen more often.

And how do you get a lock anyway? Both swing at each other at the same time? Just push your blades close together? I've forgotten...

Umm.. Maybe it's not 'supposed' to work?

Imagine the single duelist gets into a lock, which makes sense since he'll be the target or an aggressor unless team damage is on. If he locks, the other team duelist gets free potshots on him and he can't move or counter in any way.

It'd be extremely unfair honestly.

Well it might be unfair, but its about being fast on the trigger, get away fast and most of all Fun. Many of those on my server, kind of misses saberlock, just for fun.

I have tested it with many configurations without luck, but with g_debugsaberlocks 1, it kind of locked all the time, not good, i tried with g_saberlockfactor 1 to 20 it still locked very hit.

Also with g_saberlockrandomness 2 <--- Dont really knows what it does, but tried with 1 to 20.

Without luck

My current configuration is

seta g_debugsaberlocks "0"

seta g_saberLocking "1"

seta g_saberlockfactor "7"

seta g_saberlockrandomness "2"

But still not working in powerduel, but works in duel and FFA (private duel).

Umm.. Maybe it's not 'supposed' to work?

Imagine the single duelist gets into a lock, which makes sense since he'll be the target or an aggressor unless team damage is on. If he locks, the other team duelist gets free potshots on him and he can't move or counter in any way.

It'd be extremely unfair honestly.

Everything I've ever heard about saber locks in JA says that it is supposed to work in Power Duel. Now if you're saying they purposely made it super rare and impossible to make it happen more frequently to prevent what you just said above (ie: the double team using it to their advantage), perhaps. It's too bad the Raven guys aren't answering questions anymore about the game, or else we could find out!

Then again they just got done with Quake IV, so they might have some freetime... (nah, they've got to worry about patches and expansion packs, heh).

Activision has contacted me about the powerduel server crash when timelimit reaches.

Final answer i got from activision is that they will let there programmers take a look into the problem now, cause everything i used was and should be ok, am talking about hardware, about software same answer cause i have a none mod server.

---> Perhaps I(we) have been misinformed about PowerDuel all along... <--- YES :p:)

About the mousewheel, when i use it, i keep switching between the gun and saber, what kind of abuse are you talking about ?

I think he means you bind MouseWheel Up to "attack" and MouseWheel Down to "attack."

Don't use defaults. So while in a saber lock move the mouse wheel up and down rapidly to win the lock.

However I don't know if that would really win it faster or easier than just slapping any other key rapidly (like your space bar or enter key).

So jedi-Guard, you're saying a saber lock is IMPOSSIBLE in Power Duel? If it is then we can put this matter to rest. Maybe Activision knows the answer to that one? ;)

LOL guys, lets concentrate on problems that needs a solution instead of who can do what fastest and what is best for what.

Saberlock can be enabled if you use g_debugsaberlock or something like that, but it keeps locking all the time, even with low values for less chance to lock, it still locks every swing :(

well i think i have the answer for you

try with

seta g_saberLocking "1"

seta g_saberlockfactor "20" 1 (allmost never) 20(allmost all the time)

Works in duel and private duel in ffa games

If you want Saberlocks only then try

seta g_debugsaberlocks "1"

works in powerduel too, but boring with only saberlocks.

Archived