Home

Wanna play xbox 360? HEAD TO WAL MART!

BongoBob

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000753064065

That's right. I have played Call of Duty 2. And I have played Kameo. And I must say, that I am going to find excuses to go to wal mart now. I would have played King Kong, but those damn 6 year iolds yelling at me and the wal mart electronics supervisor told me to let them have a turn...undeserving bastards >.> <.<

*grin* I remember spending ages playing on the pre-release Dreamcasts in virgin megastores a few years back. Though I never actually got around to buying one... and i guess neither did anyone else... :(

Was that king kong trailer that was around a while back the 360 one, or the current generation one? Cos I have to say the graphics didn't look very special.

What do you think of the games once you get to actually play them? To me they look like nicely polished versions of existing games, so I'm finding it hard to get excited at the moment.

They look excelent in my oppinion. In Call of Duty 2, the people look so real. Kameo looks excellent as well. King Kong...well I'll see today >.> <.<

And I couldn't kick the little s***ts, as much as I want to, that's how I got banned from a certain Toys R Us :(

So worth it though :D

'fraid not pardner. :( It'll take something huge to get that inplemented in all new games.

Well, it's call of duty 2 isn't it? Then it must be a continuation of call of duty 1, correct? Shouldn't that count as an original story?

At uni last year I used to see kids (who should have been in school) on all the demo consoles in HMV and Virgin. I always prefered going to PC world (I'm only here because I played a demo of JA in PC World), never been much of a console person, my last console was a Sega Master System.

Well, it's call of duty 2 isn't it? Then it must be a continuation of call of duty 1, correct? Shouldn't that count as an original story?

"Original" besides the fact that it is based on true events?

=P

OH MY GOSH. I went to Wal Mart today and was exstatic over the thought of playing the Xbox 360 and guesswhat? The entire electronics department was having "techinical difficulties" according to the lady at the counter. And none of the TVs were on, or the PS2, GC, or 360.

I went home and cried myself to sleep :(

=P

Thats what I was thinking, too.

I went home and cried myself to sleep :(

Heheheh..... pwnt. I wanna go there tomorrow and see if it is there. I just want to see it in person and feel the controller. ^__^

=P

That's not what I mean. :p

CoD 1 had characters, dialogue, ect. Even if it was based on true events it's still a diffrent story you can play in a videogame. It's not like the Battlefield series where you're thrown into a random battle to shoot people. Not to say I don't like the Battlefield series. If CoD 2 is anything like CoD 1, then i'd say it's a pretty original story for a videogame.

Now get off my back. :p

hmmm i wasnt aware of this.....and i work right next to the electronics dept. i'm afraid i'll accidentally blow all my money on a 360 and oblivion by january...trying to save for a remington 700 as well as go xmas shopping. at LEAST i get 10% off, being an employee and all. :joy:

OH MY GOSH. I went to Wal Mart today and was exstatic over the thought of playing the Xbox 360 and guesswhat? The entire electronics department was having "techinical difficulties" according to the lady at the counter. And none of the TVs were on, or the PS2, GC, or 360:(

"More rumors on the Xbox 360 front coming in from our friends at Kotaku. Looks like all the issues the 360 kiosks are having are due to wireless interference. "Apparently the 360’s wireless system can interfere with a store’s network-based inventory management system." Ok then. This problem should be fixed soon, sources say, but we'll just have to wait and see."

Seems liek x360s are taking out the wallmarts.... maybe its a microsoft takeover plan... ;)

"More rumors on the Xbox 360 front coming in from our friends at Kotaku. Looks like all the issues the 360 kiosks are having are due to wireless interference. "Apparently the 360’s wireless system can interfere with a store’s network-based inventory management system." Ok then. This problem should be fixed soon, sources say, but we'll just have to wait and see."

Seems liek x360s are taking out the wallmarts.... maybe its a microsoft takeover plan... ;)

Hahahaha!!! That's one of the funniest/most ironic things i've heard all day.

Hope my dad doens't see this, he's a Steven Jobs worshipper. :/

[edited to put in correct link]

interesting story here in the launch marketing tactics:

http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/xbox-360-retail-bully-134320.php

Looks like they are purposefully engineering a sell-out situation so they can boast about it to increase demand. :)

So if you are one of those people who MUST have a 360 at launch you'd better get your order in (especially if you are in norway!).

Wonder what the shop keepers have to do if they HAVEN'T sold all their 20 consoles?? ;)

Archived