Home

Tales of the third age

MiddleEarth.jpg

It is the year 2931 of the third age.

It has been 2932 years from the defeat of Sauron and the Last Alliance of Elves and Men... Arda has changed like a butterfly, but into the other way than it should. Elves are leaving for the undying lands, Greenwood the Great has been renamed as Mirkwood and Aragorn, then known as Ethel, has just been born into the world of Dúnedain and despair.

Sauron's powers are gathering and his army is starting it's journey of conquest from the fortress of Dol Guldur in Mirkwood.

There is no actual plot in this RP, but it will evolve somehow later on. But believe me, this RP shall have a place for everyone inside it... as long as you're not Sauron, that is(Which you can't by the way). Oh, and also, this RP shall be my first after my second lurking period... yesh, yesh... I fell into lurking *sniff*

Rules

1. No godmodding.

2. Have fun!

3. Grammar and puncuation, typos and some spelling errors will be forgiven, but we have to be able to read what you type!

4. Don't be any movie character. They take all the fun out of the RP.

5. Obey me thou shalt, or thou shalt be beheaded!

Profiles

Name:

Race: (No demigods or demons or angels. They don't exist or if they do, they don't wander around freely)

Appearance: (No avvie/siggy. Picture(Don't stretch the page) or written description are acceptable)

Powers: (Nothing too much)

Weapons: (Nothing too much. You can't carry seven axes, five longbows, hundreds of arrows and two longswords with you all the time, so keep it down)

Position:

Bio: (Not required, but it'll give you extra points in my eyes)

Other: (If you want to include anything.)

((Note, I would also be glad if you would be other than Elven or Human. We need dwarves and halflings and such))

My profile

Name: Ilenal Eieliel

Race: Elven, Noldor to be exact

Appearance: Elven

Powers: Knowledge of herbs and healing, knows some ancient languages now extinct

Weapons: Elven longsword(Rakhâs-udrig, Orc-slayer), one-hand crossbow, two throwing knives hidden in his boots

Position: Ranger, once a great captain in the armies if Gil-Galad

Bio: He was very young when he fought in the last alliance of elves and men and also he was one of the few that survived. The sword he wields has gained a fame for itself, protecting these lands and practically slaying thousands of orcs in it's lifetime, hence the name Orc-slayer. Nowadays he is more withdrawing and plans on leaving back to the Undying lands, where his roots were but still... He has the odd feeling that he needs to do something before he leaves or he will feel empty inside for the rest of his life

Other: He still wears a lightened version of the armor he wore in the war against Sauron. He is an expert in sworsmanship and the average skills of ranged weaponry because of his elven heritage

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Hope you don't mind if I'd rather be human, Tepe... and to soften that blow, I'll have a halfling accompanying me :D ))

Name: Tanos

Race: Human

Appearance: 6' 2", shaggy blonde hair, blue eyes, loose clothing, but not so loose it gets in his way fighting

Powers: He's a man of strength, not 'unnatural powers', as he calls them.

Weapons: a two handed sword he calls Anger (much to his companion's amusement), and a small hunting bow

Position: human ranger, started following the Dunedain around when he was 20, but left them to live in the woods of the Shire.

Bio: Tanos was raised in a rough home. His father was a drunk and often came home to beat his family. Tanos' mother was killed in one of these incidents. The death of his mother drove young Tanos mad and he killed his father. Since that day, he has not returned home and he is unlikely to do so ever.

Other: Tanos doesn't trust animals and has trained tirelessly to run rather than ride.

Name: Everton Took

Race: Hobbit (Halfling)

Appearance: 3' 3", curly brown hair, brown eyes

Powers: "I don't need powers! I've got him!" (he gestures to Tanos as he says this)

Weapons: a small axe, a short sword, and a small bow

Position: "Me? I'm an adventurer!" (then whispered and gesturing to Tanos) "Actually, I'm just following him around."

Bio: Everton, known better as Ever is a Took. As a Took, he is a very inquisitive Hobbit and is rather willing to go on any sort of adventure he can find. For this reason, he continually went to meet with Tanos in the forest. When Tanos decided to leave, Ever hurried home, packed a few belongings, got on his pony and chased after his friend. He's been following Tanos ever since.

Other: When Tanos runs, Ever's only hope of keeping up with him is the pony, Banton. Even Banton nearly has to gallop to keep up with Tanos. (Keep in mind that this is a pony we're talking about. So Tanos can run fast, but he couldn't keep up with a full grown horse. :) )

((Woo! I snatched one into my new lair))

On the plains of Eriador, near the old forest, a somewhat dark figure rode peacefully. He looked towards the thick forest that rose from the ground only a few hills apart from the rider that had a grin on his face that was shadowed by a hood of elven makes. He knew that he was not far from a place most didn't know about anymore... The shire. His cape was still as there was no wind and the only sound was his black horse's steps and breathing. Ilenal was returning from the Grey Havens and was heading now for Bree, even if he was more comfortable on his own, near the little people that were called halflings or hobbits

Name: Pippin

Age: 35 (Frodo is about 40 in the books, so hes not like old or anything)

Race: Hobbit

Appearance: Hardened look in his face, dark blonde hair, blue eyes and slightly tan skin.

Powers: Superhuman accuracy

Weapons: Throwing axes, Throwing Knives, a bow and arrows, and twin daggers

Position: Wandering Hobbit

Bio: from birth he was always adventourus so when he left the Shire, no one thoguth it was odd, but they all warned against it. Since he was named after the legendary warrior or old that was jsut incentive to explore and go on adventures. He went from town to town gathering training and weapons and eventually earned respect where he went. He is highly trained in ranged battle but is also deadly and fast up front in melee combat.

--------------------

"Ah, the Prancing Pony," Tanos sighed. He chuckled. "This place has been here for as long as I can remember."

"I've lived a little longer than you," Ever grinned. "And I can still say the same."

"And long may it stand!" Tanos said grandly. Then, with a sidelong glance at his pony-riding companion, he added, "And three years isn't much to brag about, Ever."

The two companions chuckled and separated, Tanos going into the Prancing Pony, and Ever going around to the stables to put Banton up for the night. When that was done, he went and joined Tanos in the common room. Tanos watched in amusement as Ever brought a pint of beer to the table.

"Mugs in the Shire are never this big," Ever protested as he took notice of his friend's amusement.

"Consider the size of a quart," Tanos chuckled. Ever's eyes went wide at the mention and then he laughed.

"Don't drink too much," he answered. "A pint's just fine."

"Don't drink too much, Ever," Tanos echoed. "We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

Ever groaned. "You always say that... and you're always right!"

"Like I said," Tanos grinned. "Don't drink too much."

Ever grumbled and started into his pint.

((Pippin...? Ah, well... At least it's not Peregrin))

The rider had sped up after the forest was out of sight and arrived at the gates of Bree not long after the small hobbit and his human friend had passed. The old gate keeper looekd at the rider for a while, asking of his business around these parts before opening the gate for him to pass. The horses grew restless in this small, tightly built town's stables as the clouds from the mountains started rolling down towards Bree, probably coming from the fortress of Sauron. Ilenal shook his head as he saw this and then rode the horse of his into the stables, noticing even a pony there, which was odd nowadays.

Not long after, the tall elf, now his hood pulled back, walked into the muddy road going throught the town. As he got to the prancing pony, a wind started and when he opened the door and walked in, his cape flapped behind him as much that you cold clearly see the front of his armor and everything that was on his belt at the time. As the bulky door closed behind him, his cape wrapped around him again but still a few men looked at his direction, obviously because of the armor that had not been seen since the last alliance of elves and men. The elf however did not seem to notice the odd looks, but only walked to the bartender and ordered an ale like any other traveller would

((I couldn't think of anything else hobbity))

Pippin walked inot the Prancing pony shortly after the elf did, he walked striaght to the bar and ordered a pint.

"Heh, are ye sure your little body can handle it lad?" the bartender said. Pippin glared at him.

"Don't underestimate the hobbits." Pip said and then took the pint and started to drink it.

"Well, well," Tanos murmured staring momentarily at the Elf. "I've only ever seen pictures of armor like that..." Then, he realized Ever's eyes were on quite another person.

"He's clearly taller than I am," Ever told Tanos. "Why is it they asked if he could handle it and left me alone?"

"They know us too well here to doubt your ability to consume alcohol," Tanos chuckled. His eyes drifted over to the Elf again and he leaned closer to Ever to whisper in his ear. "What do you think an Elf like that wants in a place like this?"

Ever shrugged carelessly as he tipped his mug back again. When he set it down, he said, "Elves are heading to the Gray Havens now, Tanos... you know that. Maybe he's on his way there."

"I doubt it," Tanos said. "When going to the Gray Havens, the Elves travel in small groups, not singly. And they wouldn't come to a place like this if that's where they were headed... no, he's here for another reason."

He stood and moved slowly over to where the Elf had seated himself and ordered some ale. When it was given to him, he sat down and took a drink. Only then did he look across the table at the Elf.

"You wear the armor of an ancient warrior," he said quietly, just barely loud enough for the Elf to hear and not loud enough that, were the being on the other side of the table a man, he would not have heard. "What brings such a warrior to a place like this? The ale?" He shook his head. "There is better ale to be found among the Elves."

He leaned forward across the table, trying to catch the Elf's eyes. "Then what is it? May I have the honor of knowing?"

----------------------

Meanwhile, Ever watched in semi-shock as Tanos approached the strange Elf. Determined not to be outdone, he approached the other Hobbit and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Ever had a pint before?" he asked, gesturing to the drink the other Hobbit had just been poured.

The elven ranger watched at the man quietly, not saying a word just yet and so making the tention around the table almost touchable. He finally took a sip to etten his mouth, then smiled and nodded. "This armor is barely ancient and I am just an ordinary man of year behind himself" he said and took another sip of his ale. "And for why I am here, I need some rest before I finiosh my journey for Rivendell" he said and flashed yet another smile as his hand turned the pint infront of himself before raising it again to his lips

Tanos chuckled at the answer he was given. "Forgive my mention of ancient... I grew up with such terms of that period of time." He shrugged. "Rivendell? My companion and I were headed that direction as well. Perhaps we might travel together... safety in numbers."

"Well, if you incist on joining me, you need to gather your belongings quickly as my stay here is short. I won't stay for long in this cursed town..." he said and gulped down the rest of his ale. "I shall wait for you at the stables for only a moment, so hurry" he said and rose up. He needed to hurry, knowing well that the new companions would slow him down, o he wouldn't get any sleep this night. He headed for the door slowly, raising his hood onto his head before going outside

Tanos remained seated for just a moment longer. Then, he stood, drained his ale and moved toward Ever.

"Ever," he said quietly. "We're not staying. Come along."

"I'm trying to talk to..." Ever began to protest, but he stopped when he saw the look on his friend's face. "Oh, fine." He turned to the other Hobbit. "Perhaps we'll meet again."

He drained his pint as Tanos had done, though it took him a little longer to do so. Then, he followed Tanos out of the Prancing Pony and out to the stables.

"We are ready," Tanos told the Elf. Ever brought Banton out of the stables and mounted.

"My friend is rather rude," Ever said. "I'm afraid we haven't been introduced. My name is..."

"Hobbits," Tanos interrupted with a short laugh. "One of their faults is a desire to be properly introduced immediately."

"It's better than being called 'hey you! the short one,' all the time," Ever retorted. Tanos shrugged.

"But I sense this Elf does not want to be held back by introductions," he said. "So we move out." He turned to the Elf. "I assume you'd like to lead the way."

The elf was already mounted when the hobbit and his human partner walked in. Even still, he did not give the short hobbit the pleasure of hearing his voice just yet, He just lit the pipe he had placed onto his lips and the dim light of buring Leaf lit a part of his upeer face that was concealed under the hood. He rode quietly out of the stables and continued slowly towards the town gate. Ilenal could see of the hobbit that he was new to travelling with strangers... but he also knew why, as halflings have always been a curious but very welcoming and friendly people. But what the elf wondered, was of the human. The human could maybe even match him in skills and knowledge of travelling in groups that you know nothing of. He rode out of Bree as soon as the gate opened and headed for the great east road

In the Prancing Pony

"Not to be outdone by a friend," Ever said as he turned to follow Tanos. "He approached a stranger, so I figured I'd do the same... Sorry, I really must be going."

Now...

Ever looked at the Elf's horse in admiration.

"Nice horse," he said. Tanos rolled his eyes.

"Fault number two of a Hobbit," he said. "They feel it is necessary to always be talking."

Ever made a face at Tanos, but he shut up. The pace was not difficult for Tanos to keep up with. Ever's pony had settled into a fast walk, the Elf's horse was able to take longer strides and therefore would not get tired as quickly as the pony. Since Tanos could keep up with the pony's gallop over short distances, this pace was not difficult for him.

Ever started to open his mouth again, but a glance from Tanos shut it again.

Still there was no sound fromt ehe elf's mouth, as he just gave a look at the hobbit. The horse kept going at a nice pace so even the pony could keep up without tiring itself too fast. But unlike usually, now Ilenal also was smoking the famous Leaf of the hobbits, which he usually did only when he had short resting stops at vilages, towns or cities. He could hear singing nearby and watched at the very small forest that was dimly lit by a group of elves. Ilenal sighed and shook his head as he watched his kin just walk there and head for the Gray Havens like so many others had been doing since the last alliance of elves and men

Pip shook his head then downed the rest of the pint, paid the bartender and left. Once pip was outside he saw a hoobit a man and an elf leaving together.

"Odd." Pip said then hopped on his pony and rode after them. "What business do a man an Elf and a Hobbit have in these neck of the woods?"

"Then you're being chased?" Ever asked quickly at hearing the Elf's muttering. Tanos glared at his friend.

"You are altogether too curious for your own good," he said. Turning to the other Hobbit, he went on. "And if you are also heading in the same direction, I shall agree with the Elf!"

His eyes narrowed and he took the pipe from his mouth, closed the lid and placed it onto the bag on his belt, then stopped his horse quickly, turning it sideways. He looked at Ever and at the last silent moments before he spoke, you could swear that you could've seen his narrow eyes gleam in the shadows of his hood. "If I were being chased, master halfling, I would not take such pests with me, even if it was a short way like from the old forest to bag-end. You should be thankfull that you get to ride with me at all" he said, staring at the Hobbit for the whole time he spoke, then thought for a moment. "I was training in Gil-Galad's armies long before your ancestors were even born. Show some respect, halfling" he said, knowingly dropping the 'Master Halfling', which was halfly mockery, on it's tracks

Tanos chuckled at Ever's look of mixed emotions. Shock, resentment, and anger all registered before the Hobbit managed to speak.

"Well excuse me for putting my nose where it doesn't belong, Master Elf," he said finally. "But you can't blame me for being ignorant!"

"Yes, you can," Tanos told the Elf. Ever glared at his friend, but Tanos merely laughed.

"So you were in the old Elven army," Ever went on. "You think that gives you reason to be respected?"

Tanos flinched and brought his hand up sharply, striking Ever's left arm, drawing an annoyed yelp from the Hobbit.

"What was that for?" Ever snapped.

"For unneeded words," Tanos replied evenly. Ever fell to grumbling under his breath and Tanos resumed his silence.

Ilenal stared at him while he talked and then jumped down from his horse, still being twice as tall as the hobbit that gained a bit of lenght by riding the pony. "Do tell, halfling, did you watch your brothers and friends die on the battlefield? Did you see how your respected and beloved king was slaughtered and did you see how Sauron defeated twenty men with one swing of his ancient weapon? If you did not, you should try it, halfling, as it is something you will never be getting over with even if you die" he said, then leaned over and whispered in elvish, the tale of his king, The fall of Gil-Galad;

"Ingaran Eldaron Artanáro.

Nandari lirir nainala seo:

Métim' ardarya vanya, latin né

Imbe i Oronti ar Eare.

Hyandorya anda, ehterya maica,

Sílala carmarya haiya cenna;

Menelo eleni únótime

Nalle ner telpina turmaryasse.

Mal andave yá erye oante,

Masse maris úquen ista quete;

An lantan' élerya mornie mir

Morinoresse ya lómi caitar"

((Translation here))

Ever glanced at Tanos when the Elf finished and said, "I didn't catch a word of that."

Tanos sighed. "You weren't meant to."

"I want to know what he said," Ever objected. Tanos rolled his eyes.

"The best translation is not entirely accurate," he said.

"Gil-Galad was an Elven-king.

Of him the harpers sadly sing:

The last whose realm was fair and free

Between the Mountains and the Sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,

His shining helm afar was seen;

The countless stars of heaven's field

Were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,

And where he dwelleth none can say;

For into darkness fell his star

In Mordor where the shadows are."

When he had finished reciting this, Tanos sighed. "Are you satisfied, Ever?"

Ever said nothing.

Ilenal smiled under the hood. At last the halfling had shut his mouth, what was something of a miracle. The tall elf straightened, rose to his horse and continued slowly, the words he had just said in elvish burning his mind. A moment later, he started to sing an elvish travelling song that was answered by the elves of the forest, heading for the Gray Havens and the white ships that led to Valinor. He continued to sing, hearing atwo or three familiar sounds amongst the group of elves, but then got slightly sad as he understood that his friends were leaving. 'Oh well, that is life' he thought to himself as he continued the beautiful song

Archived