Home

Tales of the third age

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The elf rode quickly towards the constantly smallening group of qolfriders and in what seemed like a one long move that never stopped, he pulled his crossbow, fired the bolts that whissed throught two riders and then the two riders behind them. After that, he attatched the crossbow to his belt while he stood up, jumped and made a backflip on the same, grabbing his sword and unsheathing it while the wolf riders that now were shouting insults at him and his family. Ilenal did not care of their words... He held his sword by his side and ready while standing still like in the battles of Mordor.

Only moments later, the whimpers of wolves and their riders was echoing from the hills of weathertop as the elf's mighty sword was swinging from side to side and chopped off limbs of these beasts. He could soon see the leader of this pack, the most heavily armored orc with the biggest beast. The other wolves made way for the leader and the rioder and the elf stared at each others quietly while the other wolf riders moved towards weathertop, thinking that the arrows came from there, even if they were also coming from the forest

Tanos murmured something in his native tongue and Ever stared at him for just a second before shooting again.

"Sorry," Ever said. "I didn't understand you."

Tanos chuckled. "Why go to the fight when the fight will come to you?"

"Uh... what?"

"The wolfriders are coming to us," Tanos said plainly. "Ready your sword and axe."

As the wolfriders contiunued, the staring contest of the two probably ancient warriors continued also. At last the orc broke the silence and spoke with the voice of Morgoth himself. "You have nothing to fight for. The lands you think you are protecting shall turn against you. It is the curse of Noldor that keeps you here, is it not? Or is the memory of Gil-Galad still too strong for you to bear in the kingdom of light? Are you not deep down, just like us you fight against?"

Ilenal narrowed his eyes but did not move. He knew of this orc by legends. "Maegol, the brute, I presume" he said and swung his sword once, then twice, and the beast under the orc collapsed

The battle between the two started as the orc stood up and drew a curved, crudely made sword with dents all over it. The two swords clashed together and the few wolfriders that were behind the main group looked back only to see the two warriors fight like they meant it. For those who had been there, they knew that these two had fought before, a long time ago, on the battlefields near the black gate

Only moments after, a loud sream came from behind the wolfriders and Ilenal stood there, holding the Rakhâs-udrig while the blade had been sunked into the flesh of the orc. Orc blood poured out as he drew the blade out with the smile of a madman, which faded after the blade was out and the orcish chief fell to the ground. He finished the orc off by slicing the head off from the shoulders. He turned and looked at the rest of the wolfriders that had not been killed yet. He gave another whistle and like Legolas so many years after him, he grabbed the reins and flipped himself onto the horse he called Urdug as it rode towards him. He continued to the battle and attacked from the behind, slicing throught the group but not without scratches. As he got to the base of Weathertop, he slumped forwards on his horse, exhausted of the battle and from the deep wound the orc chief had given him back there. He looked around, loaded his crossbow and shot a bolt at a lone wolf that was jumping towards Ever. The bolt sank in deep. Only the hole was visible from the other side of the beast's head and from the other showed the bolt's sharp end

((Huh? What? *takes poking stick and snaps it* :) ))

Ever jumped back as the killed wolf collapsed in front of him. His nose wrinkled.

"Stinky breath," he accused, drawing his short sword and jabbing it into the wolf's head, just to be safe.

Tanos continued to fight.

When the battle ended a moment later, as there was not much of the wolf riders around after Ilenal had defeated their leader, the elf dropped to the ground from his horse and breathed heavily. A crudely made arrow was sticking from the back of his shoulder and his eyes were closed as he struggled on the ground. Urdug leaned forwards and slowly sniffed his face, giving a slightly worried sound as it did so and nudged it's master's head

"Ever," Tanos called, moving to intercept the man. Ever hurried up and put pressure where the man had said.

"Why help those you do not even know?" Tanos asked quietly. "You could have been far from here by now and yet you stayed, you fought, and you healed."

A song started in the nearby forest and the group of elves that had been travelling nearby now hurried towards weathertop and the group. A couple of healers came to the hobbit and gave him a look to give him to them. The other healer kneeled down besides Ilenal and smiled like they knew each others, which they actually did. They exchanged a few words in Quenya, the language of noldor that not many outside of noldor knew. "Ever... Let them take over" Ilenal said and nodded assuringly to the hobbit

"You mean to say he can't handle it?" Tanos laughed. "We come out here every so often... it's not like he can't put up a good fight." He shrugged. "He can handle it."

"And as for your reasons," he finished. "You are wise to keep them to yourself. Farewell wherever the road takes you." He inclined his head slightly.

The elven healers started working on Ilenal's shoulder, but after a quick moment the one who spoke with Ilenal stood up and looked at the halfling, then at Tanos. Before he spoke, his eyes glanced at the battlefield and then stopped at the dead leader of that pack. "Who did that?" he asked and pointed at the corpse of the leader, slain by the blade of Rakhâs-udrig, which had been held by Ilenal's hands.

In the meanwhile, Ilenal was slowly healing as the healer was placing herbs and such onto his wound after taking a part of his armor off

The elf's eyes went round and he stepped closer. "Ilenal did that?" he asked, just to be sure, but still as a rethorical(sp?) question. A few of the group walked closer from the edge of the forest and confronted the healer that was wondering how Ilenal could have slaughtered such a leader in Sauron's armies... The elves firest looked at the hobbit and then at the man with a slight concern. You can never be sure about humans. They spoke in Quenya again and one of the elves was obviously more curious than the others and kneeled down to Ever. The elven female drew her white hood back and smiled, touching slightly the cheek of the halfling and giggling. "So cute" she said in sindarin, which was odd for the lady to speak such language over the common tongues when there were no sindarin elves around. But there was something about the female that you could feel that was wither wrong or too right. She could know that the man, Tanos, could speak sindarin

Tanos chuckled and responded in the same language. "He'd throw a fit if he knew what you said."

Ever stared from Tanos to the Elf and back. "What's happening?"

"You don't want to know," Tanos told him. "Just smile and nod."

Ever shrugged, put on a fake smile and nodded enthusiastically. Tanos laughed.

"When it comes to languages he doesn't understand, he'll do whatever I tell him to in response," he told the Elf in Sindarin.

The female elf nodded and smiled, standing up and walking to Tanos. "You must be Tanos. I have heard much of you in Rivendell" she said and walked to the man. She nodded as a greeting and turned to look at Ilenal that was now sitting and grinning.

"Ever, she said that you're cute" he said and was helped up as he could only use his other arm at the moment. The elven man thanked the healers and stood next to his horse, just to look at Ever's reaction

Ever was still smiling and nodding, but his face froze when Ilenal translated the words. Turning bright red, he wheeled on Tanos.

"Just smile and nod?" he demanded. "You want to turn me into a circus act for Elves?"

Tanos laughed and tilted his head to look at Ever. "Y'know, she's got a point."

Ever's mouth opened and shut several times, but nothing came out. Tanos chuckled and turned back to the female Elf, shifting easily into Sindarin.

"I told you he would throw a fit," he said with a smile.

"And what are you saying now, my so-called friend?" Ever demanded, hands on hips. "That you all should take turns cuddling me? No, sir!"

Tanos burst into laughter again and told Ever, "I should hardly think of cuddling you."

"Right," Ever muttered, finally having the wisdom to shut up. Tanos turned back to the female Elf.

"They speak of me in Rivendell?" he asked in Sindarin.

Ilenal walked over to Ever and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Now now, Ever. It's not every day an elven high priestess makes compliments like that" he said and grinned, patting his shoulder a few times.

The elven female nodded at Tanos and smiled. "Especially Elrond speaks highly of your work here. There is a company of dunedain enjoying rest there. Elrond asked me to tell you that they are there if I meet you. I believe that this is the group of Arathorn" she said in sindarin, then looked at Ever and winked, repeating his compliment in sindarin. Her eyes then went to Ilenal.

He walked over to the lady and nodded. "Sister, I thought you had gone already... What kept you in Rivendell? Cirdan himself was worried if you were coming or not" he said in common, thinking of Ever for the first time as he spoke, and they hugged briefly. "You will see what kept me when you get to Rivendell, Dear brother" she said in common, smiling quickly. "Oh, and Mithrandir is waiting for you in Rivendell with the Dunedain. He said that there are vicious riders coming from Dol Guldur and they are neither men, goblins, trolls or orcs, but they are extremely ugly" she continued quickly after and leaving Ilenal to wonder the words of Mithrandir

((Changed a few things))

Archived