Home

Garage Sales are great!

EmmyNS79

Allright, I'm just super-giddy at the moment.

Last summer, my mom and brother went to garage sales, and it's sort of a prerequisite to look for any Star Wars items for me. Last year, my brother's keen eye spotted what have become my two most prized posessions, a mint, out of box Yoda, with cloth robe, plastic belt and cane intact (no snake thingie, though) and a "Droids" Boba Fett, also mint, out of box.

Today (or rather yesterday as it's past midnight) I found some more 80's goodness. Not mint, but still great condition X-Wing and Ewok village playset.

All this for under $10 total in a year. Either the people who sold them are clueless to the worth, or I'm just really lucky.

Anyone else find great gems at garage sales, swap meets or junk/pawn shops?

you deffinately sure its the ewok village and not the robin hood one?

Same difference. The colors are a bit different but both don't come cheap.

Those are great finds. Vintage stuff at garage sales are rare because most people that had the vintage stuff either sold it off by now in the '80s/ '90s or they're not willigng to part with it.

And another thing to note, all vintage Boba Fetts are the same. The one from Droids looks just like the one on the SW 21 backed card, ESB card, RotJ card, and PotF card.

I'm 80% certain it's the Ewok playset, but either way, the value for me isn't how much it's worth to Johnny Collector, it's because I now have one more find for my own collection.

And as far as Boba Fett, I just assumed it was the "Droids" version, you're right and it could be any of them.

But again, the worth to me isn't how much they can be sold for, it's how much they mean to me.

• 1 month later...

I've goten a Boba Fett in pretty good condition. But that was like 3 years ago. So I don't remember how much I got it for. I know he did not come with a blaster. But after like a year I accidentle broke off his missle that's attached to his jetpack. Then I have know I idea how long ago it was, (It had to be at least 3 years ago) I got a Dewback. (I think that's what there called. The things the Jawas ride. And you see a Jawa fall off of one when Luke and Obi are riding though Mos Eisley.) He did not have a jawa with him but he was in pretty good condition also.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived