Home

Resource Management in EaW

popcorn2008

So the resource managment in EaW is supposed to be very steam lined and automated. Being that for every planet you capture, the more resources you are able to bring in to support your side. There may also be additional ways of bringing in resources, but not many have been released.

My question to you is, in your opinion, does this make the game far to simplistic? Or do you think that the new system will allow more control over strategy? and less focus on the tedious task of collecting resources?

Hey, its something new to discuss lol.

I love the idea. I would rather focus my efforts on controlling my units non stop. I can't count the number of times I've been playing an RTS, had to leave the battle for some reason, and come back to find my army slaughtered, even if I only leave for a few seconds.

It's alright. I like it both ways (EaW way or "click-on-unit-and-click-on-ressource) if it's done well.

I don't think it's too simplistic. It's another type of complication. I also don't think it's as easy as just capturing every planet you can to get more ressources.

I suspect a planet's population morale will be a factor in determining the flow of credits. Also, if x planet by default doesn't like your faction, it could bring in less ressources. There's also the trade routes.

I think there'll be enough to make it complicated enough.

As the DEvs have said trade routes will play a part in the game i think these will have a huge effect on your resources for example if you own correllia and coruscant that trade route would be higher than one between yavin and hoth.

This also leads to a theory of mine that we will be able to steal resourses by blocking trade routes.

lol I thought nuke double posted then i realized you two have the same icon.

It would be a nice feature to steal resources from enemy trade routes. Does anyone know if trade routes have a certain direction? I mean are they one ways or does traffic flow both directions? If it is a one way I would believe resources could be stolen, but if its two way I doubt it.

Or Harkov's.

But Zaarin is better. Harkov is too easy to defeat.

Harkov was a whimp, he dared to lower himself to the level of the rebels. lol, I work for the one and only Emperor Palpatine, not a band of terrorist such as those who refer to themselves as the "Rebel Alliance"

-haha yeah im getting into the star wars universe lol

Archived