Home

Video card blues :P

Dervish108

64 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Vertex andPixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability

This is what you need bare minimum for SW:BF2 and a host of other games, both SW and non-SW.

I currently have an old Dell, and may not be able to buy a new PC for a few more months. I think my PC can only support AGP 4x, and the power source is 250 W. I don't care if the suggested video card is cheap and low end, if it can run on my miserable old PC, I am happy. Any ideas, folks?

Does Radeon 95/9600 series or GeforceFX 5900 sound about right?

The cheaper the better :p As long as I can run SW BF 2 with it. (As of now, I have crappy GEForce 4 MX :/ )

My motherboard supports AGP 4x. When I have it set to that, I get a huge amount of screen corruption. If I restrict it to 1x everything looks good. Performance wise, I don't see any difference between 4x and 1x. Don't worry if you only have AGP 4x, its more than enough to play games.

By the way, I have a GeforceFX 5900XT, 512MB of memory, and two Athlon XP 2400+ in my computer. Though I haven't played some of the latest, most graphic intensive games, it works well for everything else.

There is a HUGE difference between AGP x1 and x4, x4 goes way faster and its bandwith is 4 times bigger then AGPx1.

Yes, I know there is a difference between AGPx1 and AGPx4, but what I was saying: that for some reason on my system, there is not a performance different in SWBF1 between AGPx1 and AGPx4 modes in my BIOS.

Archived