Home

Rebirth of Mandalore

Mandalorian54

Lin had gone to the barracks, they were full of men in Mandalorian armors.

- “What did you expect? Special treatment just because you’re a girl?” – Captain Xorgo asked in a mocking tone.

- “No, I do not expect anything, this is fine” – Lin said.

- “Good, because if it isn’t I don’t really give a Gizka’s tail” – Xorgo replied and opened the door behind him.

- “You better get ready, General Graven will send word for you shortly, you’ll be going with him” – Xorgo said and left closing the door behind him.

Lin went to a bed and sat down on it, her belongings had been already brought up to the barracks, her bag was there and a case full of weaponry, she opened it and took out the pieces of a sniper rifle and started to build it, she did it really fast, one of the guys there approached her.

- “Hey, I’m Ryker” – he said.

- “Lin” – Lin answered disassembling the weapon.

- “So what brings you here?” – Ryker said.

- “I’m a Mandalorian, I was searching for other Mandalorians so I came here” – Lin answered.

- “Good, welcome to Sarapin” – Ryker said and got up and left.

Lin was putting the pieces back in the case and then a man walked in with a large case on his arms, he walked to where Lin was and dropped it on her bed.

- “Open it, General Graven sent it, he said it was your father’s” – the man said and turned around and left.

Lin opened it, there was a rather large crowd surrounding her and she saw something wrapped in a cloth, she lifted it up and started to take the cloth off to reveal a jetpack. Lin smiled for a second and saw a letter on the case, she ripped the seal and took out the letter.

“This was your father’s, he left it to me when he was assaulted by Boba Fett, he wanted to give it to his heir, and since you came then I figured it was meant for you... good luck using it and try not to get killed it packs a punch”, it was signed by General Graven.

There were loud talks between all the men there, one of them said something like: “A jetpack, great, I want one of those”, Lin just grinned whenever one of these comments reached her ears.

Suddenly there was a general alarm and the voice of General Graven could be heard.

- “All troops report to the gate, we’re going to battle, Private Jarrel report to my office” – General Graven said.

There was running and talking all around Lin, everyone was excited with the idea of assaulting the remnant outposts, she ran through the door and took her sniper rifle with her, some ion grenades and plasma grenades and her two blaster she had modified herself for rapid fire, and then she entered the office and found the General in his silver and gold mandalorian armor.

- “Jarrel, we’re leaving now, our scouts reported sightings of stormtroopers in the area, the mission is simple, clear the compound of hostiles and kill the enemy commander, every weapon you find is yours to keep, let’s move out” – General Graven said.

Lin walked out with him putting on her new jetpack and got inside the General’s speeder which was heavily modified with weaponry and shields. They speed over volcanoes and lava until they got to where the Mandalorians had assembled a command center, General Graven walked to the command center and Lin followed, he got on a rock and addressed all of them.

- “Alright listen up, we’re gonna take three teams, first will be led by me, we will take the Grogan Lava canyon on the left side towards the main structure, we will look for the leader and kill him, the second Team will be led by Captain Xorgo, he will take his team up the mountain and take out airdefense towers so that the third team led by Lieutenant Ryker drop the penetration bombs on the building to decimate the outposts...any questions? No? Then let’s go!” – General Graven said and they all cheered and assumed their stations.

Lin walked closely behind General Graven, the path to the structure was slippery and hot, several stormtroopers were on the way and they were gunned down easily by the General’s group.

- “Jarrel, you think you got the hang of that jetpack?” – the General asked.

- “I think I can manage sir” – Lin replied.

- “Good, fly to that rock pile over there, assume sniper position and take out any hostiles while we make our move, then joins us at the gate” – General Graven said.

- “Yes sir!” – Lin said and turned on the jetpack, it was a little hard to stabilize the flight but she did it at last and landed behind the rocks, she put her sniper rifle in position and signaled the group to move forward. General Graven was moving his troops, everytime they got close to an enemy Lin fired to take them down, General Graven was impressed by her skill and quickness to pull the trigger and not miss a single shot even when the target was moving. They finaly arrived at the gate and General Graven signaled her to get back to the group, she used the jetpack to move quickly to them and landed behind the group. General Graven had set charges on the main blast door and blew it open, hundreds of stormtroopers were waiting inside, the battle was tough but the mandalorians were more effective, for every mandalorian who fell he took more than twenty soldiers with him, Lin turned on her jetpack and started flying around the huge structure firing down to the stormtroopers and keeping the General out of harm’s way two or three times already, then she took out two vibroswords and started to slay all in her path, after that the door to the hangar opened and two AT-STs entered firing at the Mandalorians. General Graven singaled Lin to destroy them and she took one of her squad with her and dropped him inside one of the AT-STs and took control of it and the second was destroyed by Lin with a plasma grenade she tossed inside the cockpit.

Lin looked up and saw the commander of the Remnant forces at the top of the structure and called out to General Graven.

The general mobilized his troops and went inside the building to get to the office, but the blast door was sealed, even one of the General’s best computer slicer’s couldn’t open it it was sealed by blaster fire, so Graven took his comlink and called out to Lin.

- “The blast door is sealed, we need to get inside the office” – General Graven said.

- “Yes sir!” – Lin said and flew to the window and used her rocket darts that she had on her wrist and blasted the window, she came inside blasting quickly at all the guards, the commander tried to shoot her but she took a shot at his hand and disarmed him.

- “Open that blast door” – Lin said to the commander.

- “I can’t it’s welded shut” – the commander answered.

- “Get back general I’m blowing it up” – Lin said through her comlink and fired another rocket dart, the blast door opened and General Graven came in, noticing all the bodies of guards on the floor, then he saw one of the guys she had killed carried a lightsaber and he picked it up.

- “Good work Jarrel, take this, sith or jedi weapons make good trophies” – General Graven said handing her the lightsaber.

The general walked to the commander putting a blaster to his head.

- “Wait aren’t you gonna make me tell my troopers to stand down?” – the commander said.

- “No, we’ll just kill ‘em ourselves” – the general said and shot him dead.

The general and Lin along with the troops left the are and went back to the command center, it was not long before the buildings exploded indicating the success of the mission.

- “Very good job Jarrel, you’ve earned the Rank of Lieutenant, your father would be proud, if there isn’t anything else you need to do, I’m leaving to Mandalore in a couple of hours” – The general said.

- “Thank you sir, I do want to leave as soon as possible” – Lin said.

- “Well you earned it, see you at the hangar” – General Graven said.

A couple of hours later Lin stood ready in the hangar when General Graven appeared, and took her to his ship, it looked a lot like Alex’s ship but much more modified. They went in and flew to Mandalore, the great planet of the Mandalorians.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Okay Princess Lyla, I need to fit your story in with my plot ideas so prepare for a little twist.))

General Graven and Lin were pulled out of hyperspace prematurely, but still close enough to Mandalore to see the planet. "Something's pulled us out of hyperspace, I think we'd best prepare for the..." He was cut off by an explosion that nocked him out of the pilot's chair. He pulled himself up, "Unexpedted," He said with a scowl.

A comm came in, and Graven opened it, a republic officer was on the other end. "Going to Mandalore are we?" He said sarcastically. "Surrender your ship or be destroyed."

The general closed the comm abruptly, "Lin, get to the escape pod, I'll hold them off." He pointed to the ship's pod, "War the Mandalorians of my capture and the Republic's interferance. And..." He turned to look at her, "Don't worry about me, I can deal with far worse interrogation than a republic officer has ever performed." The ship shook again from another explosion and blaster fire from the republic ship. Graven jumped on the controlls, spun the ship around, and started to return fire. But the Rebel ship was much larger and carrying far more firepower.

"Hurry!" Graven shouted still firing.

((Ok Mandy))

Lin got inside the scape pod and fired it, she left looking back at Graven's ship as it was fired upon by the great republic ship, she entered the atmosphere and with a great crash she hit the earth and opened the hatch, several mandalorian scouts were there.

- "Lin Jarrel, where is general Graven?" - one of them said.

- "He's been captured he's up there a republic ship attacked us and their holding him captive" - Lin said.

- "Then let's hurry, we have to take this matter to Mandalore" - the man said and they got on a speeder and left to the capital city. When they got there, they went up an elevator and got to a huge office where a man in a great armor and helmet stood.

- "Mandalore, this is Lieutenant Lin Jarrel, she's informed us General Graven's been captured by the republic" - the man said.

((There is no Mandalore at this point in Mandalorian history. The Mandalorians have a government now. I assume democratic but I'm not sure. Anyway I'll fix that up for you.))

-----------------

- "Then let's hurry, we have to take this matter to our General" - the man said and they got on a speeder and left to the capital city. When they got there, they went up an elevator and got to a huge office where a man in a great armor and helmet stood.

- "General Avlis, this is Lieutenant Lin Jarrel, she's informed us General Graven's been captured by the republic" - the man said.

-----------------------

General Avlis looked puzzled, "Are they mad? Do they want to start a war!? Put the base on alert and inform the other Generals." Avlis rose from his desk moved past Lin and the scouts to the door, "I'll inform the government officials personally." Then he turned to Lin, "You can come with me."

The Republic sent a message to the Mandalorian government saying that if the Mandalorians would not join the Republic then the Republic would conquer them and establish a new government. General Graven would be held prisoner until they came to an agreement.

((Lyla, you can set up a rescue mission for Graven. But secretly, Graven, Alex Neuwest, and the other Mandalorians you met, are the ones trying to start a war.))

"Everyone suit up!" Ordered Dag. "If we have to bail out, I'd rather no one forget their helmets. "

Everyone quickly put their helmets on and prepared their jetpacks. He turned to the flight officer.

"Find out why the hell they want us to stand down. Something stinks about this whole thing."

Jenira knew the Mandalorians wouldn't stand down and so had been prepared for them to attack. Just as the first blasts left the Mandalorian ship, Jenira's ship had dropped below and was firing up at them.

Not far away, a small Republic shuttle came out of hyperspace just in time to see the Mandalorian ship fire on Jenira's ship.

"Are you getting this?" the agitated passenger demanded.

"All of it," a crew member answered. The fight was being recorded.

The pilot swore at his rotten luck, and leaned back to Dag, "We may have better defences but she can out manouver us. We'll have to make for the planet and hope we get there in one piece." The Mandalorian ship turned towards the planet and thrusted forwards leaving behind a few cluster bombs to slow their pursuer.

Jenira saw the cluster bombs too late and filled the air with foul words as she tried in vain to avoid one. It detonated, rocking her ship and detonating the others as well. Jenira's ship began falling toward the planet and she found several more colorful words to spew into her cockpit as she tried to control her descent.

The Republic ship reversed course and entered hyperspace, having captured the entire battle.

------------------

Jenira's ship slammed into the ground, throwing her head into her control panel and slid to a halt, not far from the Mandalorian landing point. She wiped the blood off her face and grabbed the rocket launcher she kept stowed away in her ship. After loading it, she hurried outside and looked up into the sky, hoping to see the Mandalorian ship.

"Just my luck," she muttered as she saw it. She hefted the rocket launcher to her shoulder and fired... once... twice... and waited...

The ship avoided the first missile, but the second one hit. The pilot cursed.

"I can't land here with the ship this damaged. You're going to have to jump out. We'll head back to Mandalore for repairs." He told Dag. Dag turned.

"All right, we're bailing out." He opened the door. "EVERYONE READY?! GO GO GO!" One by one the mandalorians jumped out, Dag waited until everyone else was out, he turned to the pilot.

"Good luck!" He said, and jumped out. They waited until they were close to the ground to turn on their jetpacks. They didn't want a missle hitting one of them.

"And there you all are," Jenira muttered. She'd assembled her sniper rifle in preparation for the Mandalorians to jump. "Just a slight lead..." She squeezed the trigger and hit one of the descending Mandalorians in such a way that he'd be in severe pain, unable to fight, but still living. Then, she set her sights on a second...

Jenira backflipped away, spinning in midair to be able to run forward. The rockets drove into the ground where she'd been standing and the blast knocked Jenira off her feet.

"Also expected," she said, springing to her feet and moving toward the wreck of her ship. Behind that cover, she tried to get her aim again...

The mandalorian squad had by that time landed.

"EVERYONE TAKE COVER!" Yelled Dag. He quickly ran behind a rock. His corporal and Silis soon joined him. He looked around. The two she had hit had managed to limp to cover, but barely. That was odd, she was apparently aiming to injure, not to kill. Maybe they wanted to interrogate them. He sighed.

"What do we do now?" Asked the corporal.

"We wait. " Replied Dag. "He can't keep his sights on us forever."

The bullet ricocheted off the armor on Dag's shoulder.

That was too close he thought when he got to cover.

"Do we still wait?" Asked the corporal.

"No. We rush her."

The corporal looked surprised. "Now, sir?!"

"Don't you remember your lessons?" He began quoting a mandalorian general. " 'My right flank is in ruins, my left flank is surrounded. The time is perfect. Time to attack.' " He smiled grimly. "Gotta die of something. On my count everybdoy."

"One."

Everyone prepared for a rush.

"Two."

They prepared their jetpacks

"Three."

The mandalorians attacked, some running and some flying with their jetpacks, all firing at Jenira.

Archived