Home

Rebirth of Mandalore

Mandalorian54

Since there seemed to be no resistance the republic command ship drew in Dag's hi-jacked freighter. The Mandalorians and their companions were placed in holding cells while the Republic sorted out what they needed to.

Suddenly the ship shook violently and alarms began to sound. The crew seemed panicked and an officer arrived shortly giving the order to release the prisoners. The Republic officer came up to Dag once the bars had been opened, "We need to get to the bridge, my commander wants to speak with you. Hurry and be careful we've come under attack." The ship shook again, as if it had been blasted by something powerful. All of the lights went out and everyone was cast into a moment of bitter darkness. Finally the red emergency lights came on. "The command deck is straight this way," The officer pointed to the front of the ship and started off in that direction waiting for Dag and his company to follow.

As they made their way past scurring soldiers, workers, and pilots the ship continued to jerk around violently. Steam erupted from pipes as they broke under the pressure, it seemed as if the ship was falling apart. All of a sudden there was an explosion throwing everyone off their feet, when Dag looked up the officer who had been guiding them was burnt to a crisp. Dag and his friends would have to find the way themselves.

((Everyone, feel free to take the liberty to control the atmosphere and throw in any twists you'd like. The story will flow much smoother and I think everyone will have more of a sense of participation. So by all means make three paragraph posts and acctually do some writing.))

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Thanks Redwing ;):D))

Lin followed close behind Dag and Jen, then while they tried to make their way to the bridge an officer came running to where they were.

- "Lin Jarrel?" - the officer said.

- "Yes, it's me" - Lin said.

- "Come with me, there's someone who wants to see you" - the officer said.

Lin followed and Ryker was going with her.

- "I can go alone Ryker, I'll meet up with you guys at the bridge" - Lin said and Ryker stayed behind with Dag and Jen.

Lin and the officer disappeared around a hallway and the others were left alone.

Lin was taken to a room, the officer made a gesture for her to get in and when she did the door closed behind her and she took out the one thing that hadn't been taken from her, the lightsaber.

- "I know there's someone here, show yourself!" - Lin demanded.

A figure of a hooded woman landed in front of her.

- "You" - Lin said.

- "Yes Lin, I told you we'd meet again" - Janya said.

- "What do you want from me?" - Lin asked.

- "Nothing, as I had foreseen you have the ability to sense the force, it is strange however that you were not identified by my master" - Janya said.

- "Well I was born among the Echani, it is very far from you guys, besides I've always wanted to be a mandalorian" - Lin said.

- "Wouldn't you want to be both? A Mandalorian and a Jedi?" - Janya said.

- "What's in there for me?" - Lin asked turning off the lightsaber's blade.

- "A chance to bring two diferent cultures together, you can help the alliance between the republic and the mandalorians if you become a bridge between our worlds, our cultures" - Janya said.

Lin turned around.

- "I don't know where to begin" - Lin said.

- "I can teach you, if you allow me" - Janya said.

- "Well, I guess, but if I sense that you're just trying to get inside my head it's over, do you understand?" - Lin said, looking deeply at Janya's eyes.

- "I understand" - Janya said - "Now let's get back to your companions".

Lin and Janya ran to where Dag and Jen were, Ryker saw them come back and pointed a blaster at Janya.

- "No Ryker it's ok, she's my...uhm" - Lin stopped.

- "I'm Janya, a friend" - Janya said.

"All right, but you do what I tell you, when I tell you to." Said Dag. "Now let's got!"

He led the group through the ship. Alarms blared everywhere and suddenly the ship shuddered. Another direct hit. Shields would go down soon. He pressed on, following the signs, and soon they arrived at the bridge.

"Who's attacking us?" He asked the captain.

Janya saw the bridge's windows were fogged. Lin stood by close to Ryker. Jayna moved close to Lin grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to a side with her.

- "Close your eyes" - Janya said.

- "What do y...?" - Lin said but was cut off by another direct hit.

- "Just do it Lin" - Janya said.

Lin closed her eyes, but she couldn't understand why.

- "Reach out, of this ship, what do you see?" - Janya asked.

Lin couldn't see nothing for the moment. How could she? She had her eyes closed. There was no way to see anything if she wasn't looking. Janya must be out of her mind. Lin thought. Suddenly in her mind an image was starting to form, but it was still a blur, she tried to concentrate. Suddenly the image became clear, there was a man standing there giving orders to fire.

- "Alex Neuwest" - Lin said.

Janya nodded in approval.

When the ship's shields failed the enemy fire stopped. There was still a battle going on in space but for the time being the ship Dag, Lin, and the others were in seemed to be left alone.

"Enemy boarding craft," A tech officer shouted as his scanners picked up the intruders. "What do they want from us?"

The battle now moved into the ship, and blasters could be heard down the hallway just outside of the command deck. It seemed whoever was attacking was about to reveal themselves...

((It's not mandalorians this time, some other alien race, but the Mandalorian traitors are working with these aliens.))

- "You were close Lin, but whoever is boarding us, is not that man, he's in league with them, that's for sure, be ready, reach out and trust your instincts" - Janya said.

- "That creep, let them come! We'll blast them all to oblivion" - Lin shouted.

- "I believe it's best to avoid confrontation, but we must leave the next move up to Dag."

Ryker looked around, and moved to a console. He activated the hallway camera, revealing some aliens come through the blaster fire.

-"Whoever they are they mean business" - Ryker said - "Orders Dag?"

"Come on Dag," Silis interupted. "We're not unarmed. They may have taken away our blasters but we have our Mandalorian armor, more than enough firepower to kill enough aliens and take their weapons."

The group didn't have much longer to decide what to do, the aliens were almost at the command deck.

"We could be outnumbered." Said Dag. "For all we know there's hundreds of them out there."

"Kid's got a point Dag." Said the Corporal. "We need to find out what these guys are capable of."

Dag sighed. "All right. We'll fight."

As they left he gave one last glance at the monitors. The aliens were overwhelming the republic forces. He hoped the squad was ready to handle them.

Janya looked at Lin briefly.

- “Take your saber out” – Janya said.

- “Then what?” – Lin asked.

Janya looked away and faced the end of the hallway.

- “When the first detonators of our team hit, move to the aliens, get as many weapons as you can for the men, and remember trust your instincts, be mindful of your surroundings” – Janya said.

Lin looked at Janya for a moment and started to make faces behind her.

- “Like deflecting laser bolts is gonna come easy” – Lin said with a touch of irony.

- “No it won’t but try” – Janya said and ignited her blue saber.

Lin heard the aliens running down the hallway and she ignited the red saber.

- “HERE THEY COME!” – Lin shouted.

Behind her Ryker was preparing to launch the thermal detonators at Dag’s command.

Janya stared as the mandalorians prepared to engage once more. Lin stayed close to Janya looking at Ryker who just winked at her and prepared his flamethrower.

- "What now?" - Lin said.

- "We wait until Dag gives the order to charge at them, once they take the alien weapons we run for it" - Janya said.

Janya moved with her saber gracefully slashing every signle alien on her path. Lin watched closely at Janya and started slashing the aliens herself in a more straight-forward way. Ryker was using his flamethrower burning some aliens infront of him. Then he saw the aliens dropping their weapons at the Mandalorian squad's feet.

- "Dag, Sir! Shall we pick the blasters up?" - Ryker said.

"Yeah." Said Dag, already trying one of them up. "Grab them and let's go."

The squadmembers grabbed a weapon each. They weren't any model they had seen before, but thankfully the layout was the same as in a normal blaster.

"Over here. To the hangar." Ordered Dag leading them down another hallway.

- "Dag!" - Lin called out to him - "But the aliens came in from the hangar, the ships must already be toast."

Ryker picked up a weapon for himself and for Lin.

- "Yes sir, Lin is right they must have torched the hangar when they came in" - Ryker said. He paused for a moment and then said - "Unless we take their ship."

- "Alright" - Lin said.

Running through the halls they found themselves outside the door to the hangar. About a dozen of aliens awaited with fixed gun emplacements.

- "Gun emplacements, not good" - Ryker said.

- "We can take them, Lin and I can handle the gun emplacements if you guys take the officers" - Janya said and looked at Dag - "But it's your call, sir."

Archived