Home

Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC

RobQel-Droma

Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC; Who will you be?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC; Who will you be?

• Revan
    • The Exile
    • New PC
    • Don't Really Care

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it won't, it can progress. Think about K1, it had an ending. They could have stopped right there, nothing wrong with it. K2, well, a little different. Opened up some new things. But still, they can resolve it all in K3 and finish it up, it wouldn't be that hard. Make it a longer game if you have to. Besides, I am not counting on their being twenty games of this KotOR series, I think that KotOR III will be the ender. Maybe not the last KotOR RPG, but the end of Revan and the Exile.

I voted for new PC. There could be evidence of Revan/The Exile doing stuff in the regions beyond the outer rim that needs investigation, so the Jedi council sends a Jedi (player) out to check it out. Heck, we could even get Revan and the Exile as the main villains in Kotor III... or another villain who has some sort of influence over them. Whatever the case, I hope they will bring back the option to tell the game how you played the previous installments (light/dark, male/female for both Revan and the Exile). When I first saw that in Kotor 2 I thought it was pretty cool. I am against using the Exile or Revan as PC again cause how would you justify each of em to start at level 1 again? Loss of power? Been there, done that to be honest. I would like to see Kotor III have you begin as a Jedi right away and to prove yourself to the council and finalize your training, they would send you on this mission.

• 2 weeks later...

my thoughts on this are that it shouldnt be either revan or the exile.....

i think that it should just have a seperate story from revans or the exiles. i mean it could mention them or they could have a cameo in the game but leave them out of it this time around, because the Knights of the Old Republic isnt just a story about these people. its another chapter of the star wars universe.

I want to vote for Revan.

I mean, think about it, Bioware's could do it with BG2, why not with Kotor3?

It would be cool to once again play as Revan and continuing his/her adventures as this will be the closing storyline of Revan (i think).

Think of it as Metar Gear Solid series, first you play as Snake, 2nd as Raiden, and 3rd back as Snake.

I guess I should say I dont really care cause I would like to play as those mentioned. but I must say, I would prefrer a new character with cameos from Exile and Revan. this story has been running around Revan, and The Exile did take off after him. At some point in the game and cant see them not being in it. But definatly want to play the better part of the game as a new PC

New PC FTW

(Wow iv been playing to much WOW (World of Warcraft))

You start off as a new PC getting raped in an alley by a drunken cabdriving zen master and then you fall into a trashcan and eat some readybreak that turns you into a jedi/sith god depending if it was warm or cold. You then realise that the readybreak packet contained a free lightsbaer which you batter the cab driver swearing revenge on cabdrivers everywhere and then you find out Revan was a cabdriver (Dun, Dun, Dun). Using your godly sith/jedi powers you procede to spank these true sith around the room forcing them to eat frosties instead of readybreak and then you finish revan off by finding some weaterbix to start the poonage duel of your life where you spank revan around the room. /End Story/

Now, why does Level 1 automatically mean no force power n00b?

I say that level is relative. Example: KotOR: Lots of Jedi, relative tothe galaxy, Revan is level 20. TSL: Few Jedi, Exile is level 50, relative to the galaxy. What I would like to see is that in KotOR III, the True Sith have awakened, so Revan is, relative to their power, level 1.

Just an idea, though ;)

I say that level is relative. Example: KotOR: Lots of Jedi, relative tothe galaxy, Revan is level 20. TSL: Few Jedi, Exile is level 50, relative to the galaxy. What I would like to see is that in KotOR III, the True Sith have awakened, so Revan is, relative to their power, level 1.

Just an idea, though ;)

You know you sound right. Many though have questioned the logic to having Revan or the Exile at level 1 in KOTOR 3. Maybe that is what the devs are thinking of.

You say... What about the party members, they aren't going to be super are they? Because if they aren't, then they will get slaughtered. If Revan gets too about level forty or fifty, they would have to be that too, just for them to be "level one" in KotOR III.

And what you are saying is that you are never going to come out of the Unknown Regions; otherwise, you would kill regular Sith Masters in one attack.

I vote for Revan.

I think the real story of Revan is his redemption. The option to go female and DS is just for the sake of the game. Imagine Lucas wants to make Kotor into a feature movie, I bet Revan will be male and LS. The LS story have more logic, intrigue, conflict, and drama. Think about what Malak said before he died. "I wonder what would it be if our position was turned, can I returned to the light as you?" At that point, I felt sorry for Malak because I (read: Revan) was the one who lead him to the star forge which eventually corrupted both of Revan and Malak. And from the story of the Star Forge, we know that Star Forge was the thing that corrupted jedi Revan and Malak because it is a tool of the dark side (even though the Rakatans themself didn't have the concept of "Force").

From the above point, i was hoping Kotor2 continuing the journey of Revan. Since its not, then I was hoping Kotor3 will. Just load up the old savegame or for new gamer start at level 15 (like Neverwinter Nights expansion pack) and forget about "what if my revan was female/male DS and kill bastila/carth". Assuming that Revan is a male/female LS and bastila/carth not killed would be more easier to expanded the story to whole new level.

My point is:

1. Load Kotor1 savegame. If you want a new game, choose Revan face and gender and start at level 20. People's life didnt stop just because they became a god-like fighter. You still have to deal with friends, new enemies, new problems, new mystery, and tougher opponent than you. Remember, there's always someone stronger than the strongest one.

2. Assume that Revan is LS so bastila and carth are definetely alive.

3. Perhaps the exile from KotorII can become a sith lord since he/she ended up at level 50 at the end of 2nd game?

about new pc, we can have new pc once the story of revan finished, perhaps on kotor4. think about it, new pc on revan time period? another self-discovery? another amnesia? i dont think so.

just my 2 cents. few things I want to add, but I forgot. maye later. c yaa.

Guys, I think one of the reason BioWare refuse to make KotorII is because the story of revan is done. Just like James Cameron refuse to make another Terminator movie because the story is done.

Obsidian made a mistake creating KotorII. It shouldn't about Revan, but about new story and new PC. The Exar Kun war or the Great Sith War or the Mandalorian war would become interesting story. Instead they made the story continued from I only with new PC/NPC. The story of KotorII is like the story of Terminator 3, it shouldn't exist but it exist. and it ruins everything.

so now people want to see what become of Revan since K2 open a possibility for new story of Revan (and exile).

if we should have new PC instead of Revan (dont care about exile), I want it to be whole new story. just forget K2 ever existed. or just think of it as alternate realities.

Archived