Home

->PS ? , how to add 1 bit values?

GangsterAngel

add those ints to playerStat structure.

i saw tutorial about that somewhere... i'll try to look for it.

diffrent for Persistant , it sends the Persistent struct to the client , meening it has to be programed to recive and send each INT in the struct.... which is in the engine i belive.

I'm not talking about adding new data values to the playerState or entityState structs. Hence the term value 'slot'.

BUt those text files determine how much of those structs get passed around. Your code can all be set-up correctly, but if you haven't enabled those values your using to actually get transmitted using those .txt files, that data won't get communicated, regardless of whether it's set into the structure(s) or not...

...I learn't that the hard way after a lot of head scratching, and looking at the screen thinking 'WTF! But the code is right :) '

err, ok. Well, my suggestion is that you first determine how you're going to use the data you're going to send.

Namely, how often does the client need this data and how often does this data change? Secondly, how important is this data? Is it important enough to force this game to require a client side component?

P.S. cg_servercmds.c? What did you do there?

playervents are sent to all clients though , im sure cg_servercmds is less laggy. since thats the method they use to show client menus. since only that one client needs to know. although u make a point with EV_FALL.

Maybe I'm mistaken but don't all players need to see the flash of a flash bang going off? Also, which client menus are you referring to? The siege menus?

seige menus and radio menu . all players dont need to know , it only tells the people it effects in G_FlashbangDamage() [ which is like G_RadiusDamage ]

and the POPPING ( eplision ) effect is just a effect file played by the server. along with the sound.

Ah, I gotcha. I misunderstood and thought you were doing it weird. :)

Archived