Home

Please leave your feedback!

Darth333

ok, this may sound cheesy but...I noticed that recently very people few seem to care about leaving feedback to the authors despite the fact that threads are viewed and mods downloaded.

Please make an effort and take the time to leave your feedback to the modders! It's important!

Mods are free for you to use but there is still a great amount of work behind them. Feedback, whether it's positive comments, constructive criticism and/or bug reporting is always very appreciated and encouraging. It's the best way to encourage modders to continue making mods and it also helps them make better mods in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

thats so true lol. making mods is not easy( i recently made an atton head reskin and it ended up on backwards...very disturbing to look at.) but yeah feedback should always be given. besides feedback helps the authors make more mods that are better than the one you download(improvments or whole new)

• 2 weeks later...

The reason people don't really bother posting feedback anymore is the format has changed. In the old Holowan there was the downloaders, the modders, the game utility generators, etc. Now that it's SUPER specific namely an entire forum just for downloads, people that go there most times don't care I'd say.

If it was a W.I.P. thread in the forum and you could track it's progress and view the almost always soon to be coming Release Thread. Now you can just click on Taris Upper City Emp. and go there without ever having to read through anything it took to get there. Most of the good feedback was given in my few projects I released during the W.I.P stage then the same ones posted usually in the release thread for follow up.

Combine the forums again into one Holowan for editors, mods, & releases and I bet the comments will fill back up. I think people are just taking whats readily available right up front in the Taris Upper City Emp. without going through the bother of reading a bit if they don't have to.

Just my 2 cents, but I bet they still spend. ;)

:ben:

General Kenobi

To The_Maker, No, Darth333 never said that.

To Darth333, if you want more feedback, you should merge all the modding forums back into Holowan (although you might want to create a new forum for modding questions... I'm sure most people are getting tired of seeing nothing but the questions of newbies). Most of the feedback is given at the WIP threads (at Holowan) and now people don't bother going there to see WIP threads, because new mods are never anounced there.

• 4 weeks later...

The primary reason for this forum is to fill the void left by the comments section being removed from PCGM. Most people that post mods on PCGM also post release threads here so it seemed only natural to create a new forum to fill this specific need.

If PCGM still had a comments section its likely this forum would never have been created. Long before TUCE was created we had discussed creating a forum like this, but decided that it might encourage people to only search the mod release forum for new toys. While this may be the case with some members I find it unlikely that its preventing anyone interested in modding from learning to mod. Being surrounded by modders and modding discussion does not mean a person will want to mod.

Now that I have seen the results of the separate forums I'm not at all conviced that the lack of comments has anything to do with the devision of Holowan into multiple forums or that recombinning them would result in better results. The mod downloads have always been disproportionate to the number of comments recieved in release threads or in the comments section of PCGM before it was removed.

This forum also serves as a way to keep Holowan as the modding forum and to prevent members modding questions from being drowned out by release threads.

i see your point... (no im not making a nob gag!)

i wouldnt worry about the few numbers of comments... most of the time, if nothing is wrong with a mod most people wont comment on it... and not everyone comments even if there is something wrong with the mod... i think its deeper than just wether there is a seperate forum for it or not... but i dont want to get into the psychology of it...

People not posting comments seems rather universal. I've read articles about big companies where where they have said that they realize most people don't bother to comment and they guestimate that for every comment they receive there are ten other people that feel the same way but don't bother to let them know. Also, I find that when things are good and people are happy that they don't feel much need to talk about it. OTOH, when things are bad I think we have all seen that people love to complain and vent, which means negative comments tend to be much more common in general.

• 2 weeks later...

My feedback re PCGM is that its a wonderful site. You all put so much time into the site and it is much appreciated. The only prob I have at the moment is that I can't seem to access the KOTOR or TSL parts of the site.

The main PCGM page is visible listing all the games (http://www.pcgamemods.com/) but no page appears for them, eg KOTOR 2 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/10.html).

I have cleared my cache, history and even tried the site in Firefox and Opera with no luck. Of course these actions discount the fact that I may be a complete muppet and for some other reason I just can't see the pages.

DV, worried since no one else seems to be posting about this problem

My feedback re PCGM is that its a wonderful site. You all put so much time into the site and it is much appreciated. The only prob I have at the moment is that I can't seem to access the KOTOR or TSL parts of the site.

LucasForums is not affiliated with PCGM in any way. PCGM is just one popular place among many where modders can host their mods.

As for your problem in accessing PCGM, did you scanned your computer for spyware?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Darth333! I'm bringing this thread back to life! And you are correct, for all the hard work that you and the other Jedi Council Members( Fred, Tk102, T7nowhere, svosh, Macleod, stoffe-mkb-, schiamanos, Darkkender, RedHawke, Defender, Maverick 187, Shem, jmac, and the rest of you that I failed to list here!) put into making these GREAT MODS that, according to the numbers at pcgamemods, has literally THOUSANDS of us downloading and enjoying your hard work, just don't seem to get the type of feedback and POSITIVE thoughts that those downloaded MODS deserve! Not from me! You guys( modders), have expanded AND improved an already great game, so please, know that you are ALL appreciated! The stuff you guys create is tedious work and you recieve no compensation for your labor. To me, this means that you are all TRUE FANS, and that is the highest compliment I can pay you! Your "love" of the SWKotOR galaxy shows in your work, and the fact of the matter is you SHOULD be paid! Thank you ALL for your great MODS and keep up the hard work! The fate of the galaxy rests in your hands!

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody!....... <DarthMaul v.1/2 pauses upon opening the door to this room, sensing a disturbance in the Force --- it is obvious to his keen senses that NO living creature has been here in quite some time...>

- < INSERT CRICKET SOUNDS HERE > -

Did Darth Nihilus feel the presence of the 'Force sensitives' in this feedback thread and consume them all?

Is there some darker power behind this mystery?!?

Come on, people! Show the MOD Masters some LOVE! Sheesh! It's been OVER a month since the last post here --- and that one was by me as well! - SORRY darth333! I wasn't trying to post back-to-back here, BUT... -

Look people, it is real easy --- just make a little post here with the name of your #1 favorite MOD AND the name of the AUTHOR of said MOD --- EXAMPLE ---

" I just wanted to say USM is the greatest thing since Carmen Elektra! Gee, thanks ChAinZ.2da!"

Now was that so difficult?

In all seriousness though, it only takes about 30 seconds to make a post thanking the MODders for making YOUR game better. I am a nOOb to MODding AND LucasForums (March '06), and I use currently over 40 MODs made by the talented MODders in this community. These MODs KICK AZZ!!! --- they make my game ALOT more enjoyable (especially after a few play- thru's of the game with out any MODs!). It is like I paid $25 for TSL at the local Target ( pronounced " tar-zhey"!), and thanks to these MODders it is like I got 2 or 3 games for the price of 1!

You see? The GREAT MODders around here provide us with the fruits-of their- collective labors ( their finished MODs), they do ALL the work while we simply down load their blood, sweat, and tears! The least we, as fair- minded people, can do is post a THANK YOU to the MODders here--- so everyone viewing this thread can see it is a good thing to post some POSITIVE feedback, at least ONCE in a while!

Remember, nobody likes an ingrateful person --- not that everyone is ingrateful, but judging by the large # of down loaded MODs and all the HELP! questions in this forum, the difference in TAKING and GIVING around here is WAAAYYY too skewed to the "TAKING" side of the scale!

What goes around, comes around! Who knows, maybe if you leave some feedback here, one of the MODders will see it and remember you when you need some help, advice, tutorial guidance, or have a MOD request.

RESPECT --- I believe that is what it comes down to! NO ONE likes being disrespected--- using these MODders works without at least saying "THANK YOU" is quite RUDE and shows a lack of RESPECT! If you have ever attempted to MOD, then you KNOW how difficult it really is!

Hey, if I can find the time, so can you!

DM,

While I really do appreciate your effort, the sad fact is that people usually do not post any form of feedback on something, unless there is a major bug of some sort, even then many do not report them.

Also mod feedback needs to go in their respective release threads not in this thread here. ;)

Hey DM!

I also aprechiate what you are trying to do. However, I have never had a serious problem with feedback. After I released DAP, I did get some feedback. Another thing that comes to mind is that KotOR II is way passed it's prime. As I look around the forums, the newness of KotOR II has long passed. It doesn't mean that people don't like modding or playing mods. People are either playing another game, busy with life, or waiting for KotOR III. I myself have set a KotOR I mod on hold. I don't know when I will get to it, but someday I will sit down and go to work. Most of the modders like modding, for they want to do something for themselves. Everyone else just benefits from what they create. It is win-win all around. Feedback is important, but it is not entirely necessary.

At the moment, I am working on DAP's expansion, but I don't need feedback to just have fun with it.

So, kickback relax, and enjoy the ride... :)

• 1 month later...
Another thing that comes to mind is that KotOR II is way passed it's prime. As I look around the forums, the newness of KotOR II has long passed.
Just wait till the Restoration project gets up and the M4-78 planet gets restored. That's probably going to bring a newness back into TSL, which will possibly inspire new mods and bring the game back to it's prime level. :D

• 2 months later...

WOW, I've downloaded mod after mod after mod, and most of them are excellent. I have to say the best are the Holowan Plugins which rate 9.8 out of 10, the only real issue I've discovered is that Deadeye Duncan stays in Manaan and keeps asking me over and over for my name, I can't give him my name enough times, otherwise it would be 10 of 10. I really appreciate the work that went into these. The other mods include the two new planets, countless saber mods, the Serpent head as well as other heads, the optional robes and outfits, too many to list, all are excellent, Great Work by all. The only complaints I have are some of the saber mods use the same names for sabers or crystals as others, and when I combine all the saber mods together, I have to give up some I like and have used previously. You folks know who you are, but even at that (it's such a small detail) everyone has contributed excellent work, and I love the sabers that overlap thats why it's a hard choice to make. Overall A+'s for everyone. I'm not up to speed on the making of mods, and it's people like me that truly benefit from you modmakers' hard work. Thank you all, I salute you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree, These modders get a ton of credit for everything, As i admit i a one of the most hardcore mod downloader here, if there is a decent mod ive downloaded it. These modders get all the credit for making the games that much more fun. I am also sorry I dont give much feed back but it would take me forever because of all the mods i have. I thank you all.

I have the USM_Released.rar mod installed, and all seems to be working well, but Visas does not build another lightsabre after hers is destroyed (and as the mod indicates she is suppose to do). Any suggestions about how to correct this?

I hope I posted this question in the right place. I looked around and tried to post it in the right place.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate this forum!

Archived