Home

Sequel?

Revan Skywalker

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Karen Traviss has a second Republic Commando novel coming out in early 2006, called Triple Zero. I'm hopeful this will give us a sequel.

I e-mailed her a while ago and she said her new book is in no way associated with a sequel to RC. She's just creating it for fun, not because she wants to tie it into a sequel.

I see. Well, hopefully we can get a sequel in the next year. the Clone Wars has so much content to work with.

Well, when Republic Commando ends, the Clone Wars are just a few hours away from ending too. A sequel would have to be based on new material, probably with Delta Squad adapting to the transition from Republic to Empire, coping with the loss of Sev, and... you guessed it... hunting Jedi. Of course, there's plenty of potential with a storyline such as that, it's just that a sequel wouldn't be based on the Clone Wars like the first one.

Then again, they could easily retread the same or similar material in a sequel if they wanted to. Many "sequels" (both movies and games) have done that. A recent example is Doom3. Or Battlefront II...

But so soon after this one? Doesn't seem too likely as there's been no accouncement thus far. If anything I'd love to see a Multiplayer focused expansion (even if they were to call it "Republic Commando 2" purely to increase sales). But we know nothing, so it's all wishful thinking and speculation...

It's notable that RC marked the completion of the last game started under former LucasArts President Simon Jeffrey (who resigned to spend more time with his family)... the other games all having been released or cancelled. Perhaps the new management doesn't want to throw any more money at it, seeing it as a dead end? Who knows.

I'd love to see a RP sequel, i thought the first one was highly underrated and possibly one of the most fun FPS' of the year. The game felt like a starwars version of Halo 2 but with an awesomely simply and easy to use squad control system.

What i reckon would be an awesome idea for the sequel would be, the squad, because of their bond with each other and their individuality from the rest of the clones, reject orders to leave sev and they go back for him, and the first few levels could be saving private sev, and while they've rejected orders and gone to save sev, order 66 is given, so the squad is out of contact when the order is given, and you're on the other side of the coin, and maybe get attacked by a jedi thinking ur gonna kill him, and your squad kills him in self defence, or you stun him and explain the situation then help him escape, the game could turn into like Rebel Commando or something, i personally think that would be sick. I prefer to keep the commando's on the side of good, because they were memorable and cool characters who would be an awesome asset to the light side.

I reckon this idea would be the perfect template for an RP sequel, and with a couple of gameplay updates (new weapons/locations), it could have an awesome story to back up the game, could make a classic. I can see some seriously awesome scenarios coming out of this, like jedi rescue missions, fighting along side jedi, an SWIV style bit where you're pretending you've got a jedi captured, fooling the clones then all hell breaks loose, stuff like that. I reckon clone commandos versus clones would be sick, maybe a bunch of jedi are surrounded and you have to hijack a drop ship and zip line down to their rescue, stuff like that would be the bomb i reckon.

Maybe The Commandos could be launched off To A planet weve never heard of only to find out its Taris (KOTOR) And fight off Crazed Savages and Rakghouls? (hey, this tie-in might be cool) And They have to find a way to communicate with their Commanders to get off.

regardless of the fact that Taris was totally flattened, i dont think that's a great idea. It wouldn't make any sense. Better to keep the commandos close to film settings, regurgitating settings from other games would suck a bit.

I reckon they should expand the gameplay a bit tho, atm its pretty much a balls to wall action game, but i reckon non linear playing like being able to sneak past, ambush, or any number of other things would be a cool implementation to the game. however, i do NOT think that they should throw in half assed "steath segments" like so many stupid games do to seem diverse and end up just remaining linear and crap. The player should have a choice of how to approach a situation. I think expanding the gameplay would make squad control more interesting too because you could make different characters better at different things, making for far more interesting gameplay

i think they should move on to Imperial Commando.. and the first missions you could fight some rests of the CIS .. then hunt jedi and rebels.. would be nice! i would love a sequel!

i reckon "imperial commando" would be unimaginative. Sorry but i stick by my idea of keeping the commandos on the side of good.

Archived