Home

g_dismember

jedi-Guard

g_dismember enables dismemberment on your server (you enter it in your cfg file or the console as a command). However, for people joining to SEE it they need to set their cg_dismember.

The numbers are explained on my site (see link to Strategic Academy/Outcast Strategy in my sig) on the "Setup/Basic" page.

Ok i am with you now, i actually got it to work by only doing /rcon g_dismember 100 and head was flying off, there was no need to /cg_dismember 3 on the client side.

What i have understand is that g_dismember 100 ís 100 % that a body part will get cutted off or something, right ?

there is something weird going on or it might be me then.

When i added g_dismember 100 on the server and was play vs bots, there bodies could be cutted off, but when other players went in, only my body got cut in the middle and others couldnt see it, and there bodies couldnt get cutted off.

Explain plz what am doing wrong ?

Well if it's your own server, then I imagine it will work. But if you're joining somebody else's you'll need cg_dismember in order to see their settings.

100 is 100% of kills with saber will have some dismemberment.

If others can't see it, it means on their end, they forgot to set cg_dismember. They probably have it on something lower than you, so they'll only see hands and arms, or nothing (set to 0). Also the various cuts are related to locational damage. So if you have it set not to display head cuts, then even if you get a saber blow to the head (which would create a head dismemberment) you won't see it, but you might see an arm be cut off from an arm strike because of your setting.

See, the server sets how often dismemberment happens. The clients set what kind of dismemberment they see (from full ranging down to nothing).

Well it is my own server, if i add g_dismember 100 on the server

the bots starts losing there body parts when i killed them.

So why is seta cg_dismember needed for on the server too ?

I did "/rcon cvarlist *_dismember* i get the g_dismember but not the cg_dismember it doesnt exist there.

When i did it on the client "/cvarlist *_dismember*" i got g_dismember and cg_dismember both on default settings and still bots keeps losing there body parts.

Now for others to see what is exactly needed

I was thinking of cg_dismember 3, but the client has also g_dismember, so it might be like this

g_dismember 100 on client and server

cg_dismember 3 on client

or am i wrong again ?

It's needed because of the fact that:

cg_ client

g_ server.

If you join SOMEBODY ELSE'S SERVER, they have their OWN dismemberment settings. It will IGNORE your settings for g_dismember, because you're not the server admin, it will instead listen to their's.

cg_dismember not showing up with the rcon cvarlist makes sense, because it's not something you need to put on a server, it's a CLIENT command. When YOU set cg_dismember it does nothing for anyone but yourself.

g_dismember 100 on client and server

cg_dismember 3 on client

That is correct, and that's all you need if you want to see dismemberment as much as possible in MP. Good job. ;)

Now if somebody joining you wants to see full dismemberment, they still need to set cg_dismember on their end to take full advantage.

Every person who joins you needs to set their cg_dismember in order to see all the dismemberment you've set on your server.

Well well i can do something right sometimes. lol. :)

Why does others use g_dismember 5000 or 9999 when 100 % is the max ?

Well i think i can aswer my own question, because they dont know that 100 is max, right ?

or am i wrong ?

They're ignorant, typing in random numbers that sound high, thinking it will make a difference, simply put.

For the setting 100 is the same as 99999999999999999999999....

You're right, they probably don't realize it's a percentage (and often just repeat what somebody else wrote because it "seems to work"). You can't have a percentage higher than 100 (the old saying "110%" is just an artful exaggeration). ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived