Home

What to take?

Maxstate

Am i wrong if i say that ive played an OJP version where you can block like in moviebattles, i mean manual blocking ; the way it should be?

And if so, what version is that?

Edit: I think it was called Enhanced:blocking or something, where can i get it?

Aah the always helpful Kurgan :) I come to these boards occasionally and always see you help, you did nothing less now. I took enhanced and it works but jeez, this is hard even with bots!

Im sorry if im being a pain in the ass, but i have a few questions.

-How can i find specific OJP servers, if i try to click game in JAMP it just shows blank 2 times.

-And is there a manual or a faq i should read before playing?

The Meatgrinder runs OJP Basic, and occasionally runs OJP Enhanced on request. As far as I know, it's the only server that runs OJP on a regular basis.

As for a manual on the latest revisions of the saber system, I don't think one exists. It's still a WIP so I haven't bothered with docing it all. Plus, I haven't gotten anyone commited enough to help me with the documentation process.

I take one of the empty gametypes and i get two servers, one gives me all types of errors and the other i can join , probably the meatgrinder.

This mod is awesome, but it only has 2 servers?

What do you mean by "empty gametypes"?

MOD EDIT: Sorry, I fragged this post while attempting to reply to the thread.

We just don't have the advertizing that JA+ and MovieBattles 2 have (that doesn't explain why Lugormod has more than us, but the first two are heavily promoted all over the 'net). ;P

So although OJP is a superior server alternative for those who wish to retain basejka behavior, for at least the past year or so, few use it. The fact that it's "non-honorz" of course automatically makes it less popular, due to their influence over the admin community.

Yeah ive noticed while googling, JA+ sucks, and moviebattles gets boring quickly.

Ive played moviebattles a lot and to be honest it becomes boring real quick, the only map ever played is cloudcity because it doesnt lag and you dont lose fps.

Ive tried JA+ and i must say its a pile of decomposed horse ****, the only "saber system" it has involves crouching and yawing left to right in a group of jedi, other than that the only thing you need to win is grip, grip + flipkick x 5 = lots of kills.

Well anyways thanks alot.

I'm not saying that either of the above mods sucks, just that they're more heavily advertised (like on well visited sites and with server providers) which in part helps explain why they are more popular.

JA+ is the most popular mod for JA, bar none. Most of its popularity is due to the fact that it appeals to 'honorz' fanboys, which make up a large percentage of the admin community (at least 50%, going by ASE figures). MB2 is a different kind of gameplay. Apparently it's Siege + some RPG type elements that appeal to some people. MB2 has an actual team, and despite the fact that they use (according to what I know) a lot of pre-created materials (ie: not designed from scratch) they have a much more complex mod than JA+, which is coded by one person (and there's only so much you can do with a server-side only mod like that anyway).

These mods appeal to different audiences. JA+ appeals to the honorz, Roleplayer lites, and the anti-laming factions (or to people who think it's the only mod that exists!). MB appeals to people who want lots of Star Wars extras thrown into the siege experience, and like the altered jedi gameplay.

JA+ is more like a mod, MB2 seems more like a Total Conversion (though it's still an MP Star Wars FPS). It's all personal preference really. But if you just wanted to host a JA game with an improved server replacement (not radically altering the gameplay) OJP should be your first choice. ;)

I'm not saying that either of the above mods sucks, just that they're more heavily advertised (like on well visited sites and with server providers) which in part helps explain why they are more popular.

JA+ is the most popular mod for JA, bar none. Most of its popularity is due to the fact that it appeals to 'honorz' fanboys, which make up a large percentage of the admin community (at least 50%, going by ASE figures). MB2 is a different kind of gameplay. Apparently it's Siege + some RPG type elements that appeal to some people. MB2 has an actual team, and despite the fact that they use (according to what I know) a lot of pre-created materials (ie: not designed from scratch) they have a much more complex mod than JA+, which is coded by one person (and there's only so much you can do with a server-side only mod like that anyway).

JA+ is more like a mod, MB2 seems more like a Partial Conversion. It's all personal preference really. But if you just wanted to host a JA game with an improved server replacement (not radically altering the gameplay) OJP should be your first choice. ;)

Well i never said that you said they were bad (wtf!?), and i agree with you for the most part.

The language files are the group of text files that translates the text in the game into the various languages that JKA was made for (english, german, etc).

The ojp animations file is for the new animations used for the ledge grab feature in OJP Enhanced. It's only needed if you want to play Enhanced.

Archived