Home

Help getting online

Artemis Entreri

Hello everyone. I need some help with this whole online thing. I have all my connections correct and I can get online. In fact, I get as far as seeing all the games I can load. After some figuring I'm guessing that I can't join PC dedicated games but I can join PS2 dedicated ones and non dedicated ones. So I go to join one of those and it goes by the normal loading screen. Then it gives me a background of the chosen planet and it says "Waiting for Players". Then after a short period of time (about a minute or less) I get a big blue message saying "Connection to Host lost". Am I doing anything wrong? Whenever I go to look for a game pretty much everything says any as well. Can someone please help me out? My great thanks in advance. I'm playing this on the Playstation Two by the way.

• 1 month later...

HI, I have this problem too. It happens less when I join games with a low ping. Sometimes when I am in a game it freezes on the "defeat" or "victory" screen, then I have to reset my console, and get connection to host lost when I try to join games again.

Found this thread while searching for an answer while trying to connect. Haven't found any news anywhere about these problems, seems no-one wants to talk about it :ball:

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PC deidcated means that the server is being hosted through a PC, you can play on them fine. Non dedicated means a player is hosting the match, these matches can have serious lag so avoid them. The 'connection to host lost' happens to me sometimes but if your not on a PC dedicated match then maybe that's the problem

I have that problem. Someone in another forum said that stopped happening to them when they disabled their sound. Then, I remembered that when this happens to me, although I never disabled my sound, there is no sound during the part where it zooms in from the galaxy to the planet and to the landscape. I'm probably not going to try disabling my sound because I don't want to bother playing online without sound, but I thought I'd mention it here.

Archived