Home

Mace Windu: Jedi Master Reborn

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MACE WINDU: JEDI MASTER REBORN

He fell through the sky, hurtling towards the concrete that formed the surface of Coruscant. What had happened to Mace Windu in the last few minutes would haunt him for the rest of his life. He was about to destroy a Sith menace, Darth Sidious. Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One, the boy he always distrusted, took off his hand with one sweep of his saber. Sidious jumped up and electrocuted Mace out of the window into the cascading winds. The stump of his arm bled mildly but Mace used the Force to pinch the artery shut just in case and focused on the buzz of hundreds of airspeeders.

Forst, he used the force and called his falling lightsaber to him and clipped it onto his belt. Then he saw his chance and stretched out his arm. A speeder flew under him and Mace’s hand caught onto it firmly. The speeder’s pilot set it down on a platform nearby in alarm.

“Master Windu?” he asked amazed.

“Yes,” Mace replied. “Do you happen to know a medical facility somewhere nearby?”

“Sure, there are plenty. Though, if you want a medical droid, you'll have to go to Dantooine.

“Huh? Why?”

“All the medic droids have been transported off planet to the Republic bases. Don’t you know?”

“You mean to tell me that we are on the capital of the Republic and there is not a single medic droid here?” Mace asked incredulously.

"Unfortunately, yes," the pilot replied.

Mace thought quickly.

“Could you drop me off at the Jedi Temple hangars?” Mace asked the speeder pilot.

He nodded and motioned to the speeder. Fifteen minutes later, Mace Windu was flying away in an Aethersprite to Dantooine.

Interesting twist that I would like to see progress into a story. However, the idea of Mace's injury bleeding profusely could have been left out because a lightsaber tends to cauterize the wounds it causes. Also, I don't remember it raining when he fell to his death.

TWO

The non-Clone officers on Dantooine were worrying themselves down to the last bit trying to keep themselves alive. So it was only natural that they would kick out the messenger who had come in and told them that someone needed help from the medics. It was then that Mace Windu decided to step in. The Jedi General was shocked.

“Master Windu, what are you doing here?” and she noticed Mace’s arm. “And what happened to your arm?”

“Later, Tara,” he replied. “For now, get a medic droid to install a prosthetic arm for me.”

Jedi Knight Tara nodded and sent for the medics. Mace Windu was ushered into the Infirmary and work on his arm began.

36 hours later, Mace recovered from the effects of his sedative and walked out. He looked around and saw Tara. While his arm was being constructed, Mace had thought a lot about her. The Force was very strong in her. He had realised that when she was being trained by Master Yoda. Now, being this close to her, he felt as if it was stronger than it seemed. Tara was only 18. She was one of the few to get the rank of Jedi Knight at such a young age. Even Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One, the boy who cost Mace his arm, had been endowed with the rank at the age of 21.

Tara was an all rounder. She had mastered all the forms of lightsaber combat and even invented a number of creative maneuvers on her own. She had two lightsabers that could be snapped together or taken apart at the ends by means of magnets.

“So could you tell me what happened to you now?” Tara asked, derailing Mace’s train of thought.

“It’s a long story.” Mace replied. At times, even people like her could get annoying.

Tara took the hint and dropped the subject.

“Our evacuation shuttles are prepared, Ma’am.” said a harried looking officer. Tara nodded.

“Right, tell all the survivors to get to the Hangars, I’ll cover your backs.”

The officer nodded and relayed Tara’s message throughout the base. Tara took out her lightsabers and ignited them, one blue, one green, and moved to the door. Mace followed her.

“What's going on?” he asked. “I never knew that the Separatists had enough droids to wipe out all our troops and cause you to evacuate.”

“It’s not the Separatists, it’s our own troops. They turned rogue as they were scouting the lands. They did that after they received a message from Chancellor Palpatine.

Mace’s eyes widened.

“What did he say?”

“Something like ‘Execute order 66’. Then chaos erupted.”

“What the heck is going on here? Skywalker falls to the Dark Side, Clones switch sides and massacre their own people. Next thing that will happen, my prosthetic will blow up.”

Close enough. As soon as Mace said this, his prosthetic sparked and fell to his side, dead.

“Well, you asked for it.” said Tara. Mace shook his head and unclipped his lightsaber with his left hand.

“And did you say Anakin fell to the Dark Side?” Tara asked incredulously. “You’ve been having nightmares, Master.”

Mace shook his head and replied, “No, Tara. He has fallen. He was the one to cut off my arm.”

Tara was visibly stopping herself from crying. She had looked up to Anakin as a big brother when they were doing exercises as children. She could not have perfected the Makashi and Niman forms if it hadn’t been for him. So it was only natural that the news of his defection would be a big blow to her.

Tara sniffed and said to Mace,

“Well, come on. We have to cover their escape.”

Mace nodded.

“Lead the way.” he replied and, igniting his saber, he followed her out into the grassy plains of Dantooine.

oh yeah. well, heres the next chapter. they talk about a ship a bit in this part but its long enough

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THREE

The moment he stepped outside, Mace swore to himself never to fight again if he could help it. The land was littered with bodies of Clones and Jedi. The remaining non-clones were firing desperately at the advancement, trying to slow them down. But the Kaminoans had done their job well, the new contingent of troops they had delivered far surpassed 2 million in number. Blasterfire dominated the afternoon sky. Tara, lightsabers held high, dropped into a crouch and jumped up like a rebounding spring directly into the fray. She decapitated half a dozen Clones upon landing. She then launched into a tactic she always used when surrounded. Holding her lightsabers level with her shoulders, she began to spin on the spot like a Ballerina. Amidst the streaks of blue and green came flashes of red and body parts. Mace was about to join her when he felt something. Without thinking, he used the Force to yank Tara off the ground where she was and back to him.

Just in time.

Where Tara had been standing a moment ago, an ARC’s rocket had exploded. Tara stood up and looked down. She had wiped out more than half of the Clone brigade.

“That’s enough,” she yelled at the officers. “Get to the ships.”

And urging Mace with a gesture, they ran to the Hangars.

Back on the field, the Clone Commander gave the order to cease fire. He called forth a Clone Lieutenant and said to him,

“Put a message through to Lord Vader. Tell him that the Jedi Windu has escaped.”

The Lieutenant nodded but never got the chance. The last thing that all the remaining Clones saw was a Proton-Fusion remote mine going off. Then blackness.

Tara and Mace burst into the Hangar. Mace was mildly surprised, he had expected to see complete pandemonium in the Hangar but the officers were boarding the freighters in a calm and orderly manner. He shrugged and turned to Tara.

“So where do we go?” he asked.

Tara nodded and lifted her palm.

“Just a minute, Master, I want to make sure that these people are all on their ships.”

Mace looked back at the slow-moving line and shook his head in frustration. He reached out to the Force and all the people got raised off the ground about an inch. He then shot them into their ships and activated the ramp mechanism. The ramps closed and the pilots engaged the engines.

Tara looked at Mace, her eyes wide.

“That’s the first time I've ever done something like that. Let’s get to your ship.”

Tara nodded and pointed at a sleek starfighter parked nearby.

“My Gamma 5 D-31 Dexconn. Prototype craft. Only 10 were ever built.”

“Where did you get it?” Mace asked.

“It isn’t a modern Republic design.” Tara replied as she got into the cockpit. “It was blueprinted 3000 years ago and was very famous then, but the plans mysteriously disappeared after some time. They were recovered the designs only seven months ago.”

“How do you know that it disappeared?” Mace asked, getting into the separate gunner’s cockpit on the right side.

“The guy who recovered it told me. Apparently there was a datapad along with the blueprints. Since then, they kept the plans to themselves and made it for only top Jedi pilots.” she said. “Anakin would have got one.”

“If it’s that old, wouldn’t it be impractical to use it at this time?” Mace asked.

“There's no problem with the design. It’s actually better than our craft.”

Mace nodded and buckled himself up in the seat.

“Where to, Master?” Tara asked.

“Let’s go to Manaan, Tara. The Sith won’t find us there.”

Tara started the engines and took the craft out of the hangar. Twenty minutes later, they were in space.

“Initiating the jump to Hyperspace,” Tara warned. “Hold on.”

The Hyperdrive engines kicked in and the two Jedi blasted away to freedom.

This was a much better chapter than the one before. Very smooth read. I caught just one spelling error..."never to fight again if he c-o-u-l-d help it." And I think you meant "Holding her lightsabers level with her shoulders." Keep it up. It is really getting interesting.

Archived