Home

Mace Windu: Jedi Master Reborn

this chapter is kinda short, since i had my Acer ctate efficiency exams, i could write little. here it is, and Hall, you were on the right track buddy :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NINE

Even at four on one, Vader had the upper hand; he kept propelling three Jedi back with the Force and dueling for a few seconds with one then doing the same again with the others. Mace found this annoying and jumped back. He took off his helmet and threw it at Vader from the back. As he turned to slice it away, Yoda jumped up and took off Vader’s lightsaber hand from the wrist and sliced off Vader’s prosthetic left leg upon landing.

“You cannot win, Anakin.” Obi Wan said as Vader fell to the ground. “This time at least, and see through the lies of Palpatine.”

“You are a fool, Obi Wan.” he said and pushed himself up using the Force. He summoned his lightsaber to his left hand and held it there. At this, Tara removed her helmet, letting her hair fall down.

“Tara.” Vader said, mildly surprised. “You have been fooled by the lies of the Jedi too?”

“The Sith are evil, Anakin.” Tara said desperately. “Come back to us.”

“You underestimate the power of the Dark Side.” Vader said and all of a sudden, he used the Force to propel Yoda, Obi Wan and Mace into an open escape pod hatch. With the Force, he set the controls to make it land on the nearest planet and initiated the drive. The pod ripped free and rocketed off into open space. Back on the Executor, Tara was being fitted with electro magnetic binders and a Neural Inhibitor. She used to be his friend but was now Vader’s prisoner.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEN

Vader flexed his replacement limbs and stood up. He gestured to a Storm Commando to follow and headed for the prison facilities. He went to Tara’s cell and typed in the password.

“Come out.” he said and Tara obeyed. Vader gestured and Tara began to walk. They walked for quite some time to the Hangar bays. They reached a Lambda class shuttle and the three of them got in. Vader gently eased it out of the Hangar. Outside, dominating the cockpit window was the city-planet, Coruscant.

Vader set the shuttle down in the hangars of Palpatine’s Palace. The Emperor was waiting to greet them.

“Lord Vader,” he said. “Welcome back.”

Vader bowed and said.

“Thank you, my Master.”

“Something is troubling you.” Palpatine said. It was not a question.

“Yes, my lord,” Vader replied. “Masters Windu, Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi have escaped Order 66. This young Jedi was with them.”

“I take it you know this person,”

“Yes, my Lord, she was my childhood friend.”

Palpatine smiled.

“Ah,” he said thoughtfully. “Then perhaps you can train her and use her help in the destruction of the Jedi.”

“I’ll never turn,” Tara interrupted. “I’d rather die than serve the Sith.”

“You speak rashly, young one,” Palpatine said. “Under Lord Vader’s training, you will recognize what is true and untrue.”

Palpatine turned and the three of them walked into the building.

Far away in space, the escape pod came through the atmosphere of an outer rim planet and crashed down on what seemed to be a landing pad. Mace popped the hatch and the three of them jumped out. The planet gave the impression of a very boring world. People walking about, going about their business, various shops here and there and the only loud noise coming from the buzz of engines on speeders and spacecraft. Obi Wan walked to the nearest civilian and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Excuse me,” he said. “May I know the name of this planet?”

The civilian looked confused but answered nevertheless.

“Taris.” he replied.

ELEVEN

None of the three knew of the Taris system. They had to find a way off this planet before Tara got killed. Obi Wan had suggested getting some accommodations before they searched for a passage off the planet, so they had gone to what was called the South Apartments. After a quick lunch, Obi Wan had gone out to see if he could buy a small ship with the money they had. An hour later, he returned.

“I have good news and bad news,” he announced.

“Let’s hear them,” Mace prompted.

“Good news is that I have acquired a ship at a very low cost. Bad news is it’s missing its hyperdrive unit. We’ll need to salvage a hyperdrive from somewhere.”

“Any ideas, have you?” Yoda asked.

“The dealer said that there were plenty of crashed ships in the Undercity, we could go there and see if we could get a hyperdrive or not.”

“Well, let’s go then,” Mace prompted.

“Not so fast, Master,” Obi Wan said. “We need to make a stop at the medical facility first.”

“None of us is hurt; there is no need to waste time.”

“We’re not going there for healing. We need to get some Rakghoul serum.”

Mace and Yoda looked confused.

“What’s a Rakghoul?” Mace asked.

“Apparently it’s a mutant creature species that lives in the Undercity. Prolonged exposure to the Undercity leads to the Rakghoul disease, which causes people to mutate into one of them.” Obi Wan explained.

Mace nodded and said,

“Alright, one quick stop and we get moving.”

Mace stepped in another puddle and cursed.

“If I live to tell my tale, I’ll leave this out of it.” he said.

The three of them walked through the Undercity, searching for an intact looking ship. So far, they had learnt one thing: Taris’ Undercity was a ship graveyard. Thousands of crashed ships littered the ground every 5 meters. All the ships they had searched so far either had no hyperdrive or had a busted hyperdrive. As they walked, Obi Wan tripped on a stone and almost fell.

“Piece of crap.” he mumbled.

Mace, however, seemed very interested in the ‘piece of crap’.

“What is it?” Obi Wan asked.

“Is it natural for a button to be set in the ground?” Mace asked.

“No,” Obi Wan replied.

“Then this is something new.”

Obi Wan bent down and looked at the place where the stone had been. Sure enough, there was a button set into the ground. As he lifted his arm to push it, however, the Force warned him of something and all of them jumped back. Where they had been standing, a Rakghoul Fiend claw had slashed through. Another five rakghouls joined their leader. Igniting their sabers, the three Jedi leapt up in unison and landed behind the creatures. With a slash of his saber, Obi Wan took the head off of the fiend. Behind him, Yoda and Mace were slashing their lightsabers furiously, chopping the rakghouls to pieces. Obi Wan reversed his grip on his saber and pushed it back in a reverse stab right through the remaining rakghoul’s abdomen. Breathing heavily, Obi Wan, lightsaber in hand, went to the button and pushed it using the Force. The ground in front of him shivered and started moving into the ground. A few seconds later, there was an opening in the ground big enough for him to walk into without a tight squeeze on any side. Obi Wan motioned to the others to follow him and jumped in. Yoda and Mace followed closely. As they stood there, a protocol droid came up to them.

“Welcome, Masters. May I know why you are here in the Promised Land?”

TWELVE

Tara held her lightsaber at hand, deactivated and watched Vader carefully. He had his lightsaber out and was circling Tara slowly. Suddenly, he lunged. Tara just jumped away calmly.

“Good.” said Vader. “Your reflexes are commendable, but you do not use them to their full extent.”

Vader brought his lightsaber around and slashed at Tara’s head. Tara ducked and stepped back a few paces.

“Give in to the Dark Side,” he said. “Feel it flowing through you.”

He launched a sweep at her legs and she jumped over the blade.

“I said it before: I will not turn.” she said, undaunted.

“Ah, but you will, sooner or later.” Vader said, smiling inside his mask. “There is great fear and anger in you.”

“I am neither afraid nor angry.” she said calmly. “Your petty dialogues will never turn my beliefs.”

At this, Vader got angry. He lunged hard and launched a feint at Tara’s knees, stopped midway and went for her neck. Tara, quick as a dagger, ignited her saber with a flash and the bar of gleaming blue stopped Vader’s blade.

“Your strategy backfired, Anakin” she taunted, smiling.

Vader bared his teeth and stood in a battle stance.

Obi Wan, Mace and Yoda looked confused.

“The Promised Land, you say?” said Yoda. “What is this?”

“It is a place where droids look after our Masters’ every needs, sir.” the droid replied. “I am a D-300 Combat Droid, the guardian of the Promised Land. You may refer to me as Deethree.”

“May we see your leader, Deethree?” Obi Wan asked.

“Of course, sirs.” D-3 replied. “Please follow me.”

The droid led the way into the place. It was a huge and beautiful place, with spotless walls, beautiful plants and floral wonders lighting up every corner and a great waterfall showering them playfully with droplets of water. It was hard to believe that the entrance of the place was set in the most desolate place on the planet.

They came up to a magnificent room with decorated ceilings in which people walked around in well-pressed, modest outfits. In the center sat a man, apparently in his fifties. He was no doubt, the leader of these people.

“You have some visitors, Master Gendar,” the droid said.

“Thank you, Deethree. That will be all.”

The droid turned around and walked back to its post.

“Welcome, strangers. My name is Terrik Gendar. How may I help you?” the man said.

“We were hoping to salvage a hyperdrive unit for a ship we have, can you help us?”

“Unfortunately, no.” Terrik said. “If there was anything of value out there, the local swoop gangs would have salvaged minutes after the ship crashed. I can, however, give you a completely new ship.”

“That would be splendid.” Mace said. “Name your price.”

“No, no, I want you to take it, as a gift from us.”

“Gift? Barely know us, you do.” said Yoda.

“No Master Yoda.” Terrik replied. “You barely know us. But you were the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. There is no civilized person who does not know of you.”

Obi Wan shrugged.

“Is she fast?” he asked.

“Fast? These ships were made by the construction droids of this Land. If there’s anything faster than them, I’d like to see it.”

“Well, that’s fast enough,” said Obi Wan. “Thank you.”

“No problem, I wish I could offer you more.”

Mace thought for a second.

“We could use some food,” he said.

Archived