Home

terrible graphics, too much clutter

I have never had the fever for a game release until BF2....I've been playing BF1 contantly for almost a year now...in a clan, participate in battles, etc etc, log a lot of hours playing BF1 because it's fun to play...so fun that I don't mind playing the same levels over and over again for a YEAR.

Anyway, picked up BF2 at 12:04 AM....came home, started playing...went through training, went online, played a few levels.

I'm horribly let down so far. I dont know how the graphics are done...but on every level, so SOOO hard to see anything...and there's WAY too much clutter on the screen from the heads-up info.

I dunno, kinda seems like lucasarts concentrated too much on ADDING things and forgot about making sure they kept what made BF1 so great....playability.

:blast5:

Not only is the scrolling text of who killed who a dark BLUE that you can BARELY read to begin with (mixes with the background) if someone votes to boot someone....it exactly overlaps that text...making EVERYTHING in that area UNREADABLE!!! Not to mention a big jumble of text that's not only taking up valuable screen space...but as it moves...it distracts you. I saw this dude just keep voting to boot people... terrible...

Also, you can't tell when you hit somebody. The big thick red circle that shows up when you do damage (in SWBF) has turned into a small thin three lines that's the exact same color as the aiming circle!! So, if there is gunfire or explosions in the middle of your screen, you'll NEVER know if you hit somebody.

Also, has anyone been able to add a buddy yet?

I have never had the fever for a game release until BF2....I've been playing BF1 contantly for almost a year now...in a clan, participate in battles, etc etc, log a lot of hours playing BF1 because it's fun to play...so fun that I don't mind playing the same levels over and over again for a YEAR.

Anyway, picked up BF2 at 12:04 AM....came home, started playing...went through training, went online, played a few levels.

I'm horribly let down so far. I dont know how the graphics are done...but on every level, so SOOO hard to see anything...and there's WAY too much clutter on the screen from the heads-up info.

I dunno, kinda seems like lucasarts concentrated too much on ADDING things and forgot about making sure they kept what made BF1 so great....playability.

:blast5:

Agreed completely.

Here and I thought the problem was they didn't change much?

It's true lots of little things change, but I guess that's what you get with most sequels. The only thing people really can agree they want changed in a sequel these days it seems is the graphics...

Honestly I think they should have spent more time on the gameplay. SWBF1 had some serious flaws that needed addressing. But oh well. SWBF2 is the game they "meant" to release all along, according to them (shades of Lucas talking about Star Wars!). Honestly after playing the beta and a few hours spent on the full version I am undecided. In some ways its better, in a few ways its worse, but in many more ways it seems like more of the same.

However I have not played every inch of the game yet, I give it a fair chance over the next few months (as I get more time to play).

(PS2 version)

When I played the game it seemed so much different from the original. It had all the same basic things in it but it seemed like they tried to make the graphics "finer". I liked it better when the colors seemed more bold and together. Another thing was the Jedi option isn't as great as I expected (but it is a good thing they don't control the game).

Besides those issues the game is still fun. It took me about 20 minutes to get used to it but now I am really into it. I love the Space battles (I just won my first one )

Have you guys seen the Mos Eisley map on the Xbox version? Compared to BF1, the graphics are terrible. Looks like a PS2 version.

I guess everyone complained too much about the glow-y, dusty look the BF1 graphics were sporting and the developers took all that out. Well now look what we have.

Nutty huh? Got it for PC, playing it on PS2. Damn, you can spot the difference. The targeting sight is actually useful on the PC. I can time when grenades re-arm and everything, right down to how much ammo is left in a SHOTGUN clip. Just by looking at the sight.

I played it on a PS2 at a friends house, and honestly I was disapointed too. Everything was really cluttered(at least on splitscreen, never had that problem with BF1), but other than that, I really didn't take the time to look around and see whether or not the graphics looked alot better, so that didn't make that much of a difference to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived