Home

Securom Error with legal copy

Vince Trageton

Alright, I received my german SWBF2 copy from amazon.de yesterday. Installed it, played it, loved it. It all worked perfectly.

Now, today, when I wanted to launch it again, I received a securom no-original-CD error, which in my eyes should not happen with legal copies.

I tried re-installing but remained without success.

My specs, if they're of any help:

Athlon 64 3400+, 1GB DDR RAM

Windows XP Professional SP1

Did anybody else experience something like this?

Well, if you don't have some type of virtual drive you wouldn't get the security error and I don't know a way to make your game work. If you do have a virtual drive (there is nothing illegal about having a virtual drive so long as you are not using illegal cd images in it) then I do have a solution for you (assuming this isn't aganist SWBF2's EULA):

1) Run the program SR7.Stop_1.0 or VirtualCDHide and click 'HIDE' to hide your Virtual drive.

2) Close SR7.Stop_1.0 or VirtualCDHide

3) Play.

To find the programs, search online.

I've gone through this headache for a week now, too. When I bought BFII on opening day, I had no problems running; yet about 4 days later I started having some problems where my PC wouldn't recognize the CD until I had rebooted numerous times, and done everything but kill my computer. I removed and re-installed the game, ran Disk Cleaner, closed all background programs, deleted files and other games from my PC, and even tried running Disk Defragmenter...all of which didn't help one bit!

Two days ago, I tried some multiplayer and CD 1 would NOT load the game, except getting to the main box where I could select "Start Game". After clicking there, the mouse cursor would change to a CD and constantly rotate for about 3 minutes. I would get an error message stating my PC didn't recognize the CD. I tried "Retry", and the same scenario happened twice before it comes back and says CD 1 is not recognized as an original copy, and the original disk needs to be in the drive. IF you pay attention to that message, there is a link for SecuROM.

The link for SecuROM will take you to a page that gives detailed instructions for rebooting your PC with CD 1 in the CD-ROM tray. You will need to go to your C: drive, and follow the path through LucasArts folder. I think it should be something like "LucasArts\Battlefront2\Game" and you want to right-click on the Battlefront 2 application. Select "Analyze".

Basically the system will anlayse your PC and the .exe, and output a text file. E-mail that file to SecuROM, and they are excellent at getting back with you on the problem.

I received a response from SecuROM, where I was instructed to change the name of my original .exe to ".old", and they gave me a secure link to download a new .exe for replacement.

When I get home this afternoon, I will see if their prescription helps my headache!

Hope this post helps anyone else before they go two-seconds-from-crazy, as I have...

BullShark

• 1 year later...

I have an error with securom too. But mine says Please insert the original disk instead of the back up disk. No idea why it says this. I bought the game and its not cracked or dusty or anything like that. It never worked. I do not use any programs on it like cd hider. So how do i fix this?

Archived