Home

Hoth Impossible

EI 9373

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha i had campaign trouble on hoth as well, comlpeted it on sunday.

the trick is to bring the atat as close as you can echo base, and destroy the turrets in the last area wih the heavy trooper before going ahead with the darktrooper.

So the Dark Trooper is the one to place the beacon?... What difference does he make?

I can get the beacon to the trench under the ship but then about 15 or so rebels start chucking grenades on the thing. Impossible me thinks... :)

Well, I finished it in the end. I just shot the hell out of the area and cleared most of the Rebel scum before I 'Darktroopered' the beacon in.

Frustrating though that, having finished the Campaign, the levels aren't playable again... :( :(

Ugh. I'm stuck on the ground at Mustafar myself. :( Driving me nuts.

Well....i have finshed it. Gizor Delso was the part where I got stuck. The first time I played Mustafar, I had 66 kills, and thewhen I defeated it, the second time, I had achieved 60 kills. But, personally so far I think Mustafar and Hoth are the hardest levels to beat. I have yet to beat Hoth. I lost about five minutes into the match.

I too can manage to fight my way to the Transport ship at the end of the map. After painstaking effort, manage to get the bomb to the trench, but I can't do anything about the 30 + rebels shooting at the bomb. At best I'll manage to kill half of them off but they always blow up that bomb in under 10 seconds.

I also find it quite frustrating that as soon as you're in the base, you're pretty much on your own to fight 15 rebels at a time, as your battalion is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

Coruscant's order 66 is where i'm stuck...just damn near retardedly impossible. Everythings good till either the jedi swarm on the ONE bookcase that I happen to be guarding, and I fail there. Or I get to killing the last remaining jedi masters and magically the hundreds of jedi that spawn in just rape me and I end up dying so much trying to kill him that I run out of reinforcements and die...

Pissing me off, and there's no damn trainer or anything yet..sigh

That's not it entirely, Sobek. It's also a matter of how the AI works. The "improved" AI simply looks at a player tag on anyone who fired on it. Consider this:

If you and another ally are shooting at an enemy AI, it will automatically fire upon you. To the exclusion of anything else. Even if you're at the very edge of blaster range, and the other friendly (or MULTIPLE other friendlies!) basically has their blaster rifle up the enemy's ass.

I've had enemies get easily blasted because I fired on them from the edge of range like that, so they started shooting at me. Then a bot right in their face shot them, while they were busy shooting my way.

Which aggarvates me slightly, since I bought this game to do the shooting. And the AI method pushes up the learning curve for people who aren't ubershots. (They have improved the AI's ability to hit a target, in combination with the new "hyped up monkey on crack" running speeds.) "Star Wars" and "steep single player learning curve" should be exclusive terms, casual fans want something they can set down to 'easy' (not 'elite', not 'normal', but /EASY/ which isn't friggin included), that they can win, to enjoy the plotline a little more instead of having fantasies of creative ways to execute Pandemic/LucasArts employees, for having to repeat the same mission 50 times.

That's just it. The game is great - no doubt about that - but is it enjoyable? I've found that many levels have only one way to complete the mission (and it could take you 25 attempts to find it). The tactician's amongst us (and those of us who like to 'take-in the scenery' a bit have been let down badly by this release.

No disagreement here. It also might be nice if campaign missions had /some/ limits to the number of enemy troops. I just tried Mustafar again. I wound up the only one left during the first segment, after all the shooting got done. But I holed up in that briefing room with a medic droid and an ammo droid. I was picking off dozens and dozens of troops, but lost becasue the enemy is 'infinite' and can keep coming.

Well...guess what!?

As of about 2 minutes ago (the amount of time it took me to get downstairs to the computer; and log on....I defeated Hoth!!!

You know what really helps?

Being Darth Vader, and having a Lightsaber!!!

So, just STAY in the trench. (the Rebels only come in the trench from the ONE direction -- once your guys arrive to give you a little bit of back up NEAR the trench.

I was glad that I already knew what to do (from reading on this forum) before I played it...That way, I already knew that 'Oh...I need to place that sensor! --Oh! It goes in the trench!' --I already knew that...so that was nice

----------------

If you'll excuse (excoose-lol) me, I'm going to go play some Instant Action (OR Galactic Conquest --almost definantely Instant Action, though! *heehee*)

See ya, s00n! :)

Archived