Home

Hoth Impossible

EI 9373

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The snows so bright I can barely see..

Oh good, it's not just my computer. The ground on Hoth is blindingly white, which is annoying. Also, on Naboo, the ground is completely black in most places.

I haven't gotten there in ROTE yet, though. I'm on Prison Escape now. (I got to the end and had to blow up the transport, but didn't do it fast enough, and apparently they "got away" even though I'm still standing right next to the firmly landed transport, fighting the firmly landed rebels.)

I'm surprised people are having trouble with Mustafar. I never would have guessed that it would be a problem level for people, because it seemed as easy as any of the not-that-difficult missions. I didn't have too much trouble on Coruscant, either, but I came pretty close to losing on the Library part. I thought I was alright then suddenly realized that there was only one bookcase left. Luckily, no more Jedi showed up after that.

Jennaida- I've noticed that about the AI, and it really pisses me off. It's retarded that they always specifically target the player. No matter how many better targets are right in front of them, firing at them. It's totally unrealistic and is so frustrating. Especially when my bot freinds don't even kill the guy who is now firing at me.

Also, I've noticed that it isn't even when you fire on them. I swear there are times when I've just started lining someone up in my crosshairs from a distance and they spontaneously turn directly towards me and start firing. And on Mygeeto especially, I'll be empire and working my way down the side platforms of the bridge to the Rebel's starting CP, and I'll suddenly be the target of volley after volley of missles from the tanks. I'm off on my own killing infantry, while a dozen fellow stormtroopers are storming the bridge itself, with tanks of their own, and botht eh Alliance tanks will launch all their *missles* directly at me.

So stupid. It's definitely my biggest complaint with the game so far.

If the ground is too white, pause it and lower the brightness. I have to raise it for some levels, then lower it back to 50 for Hoth, or it'll be far too bright.

And YES, Joey. That's EXACTLY it. It'll jus turn spontaneously and several will start firing at you. It's annoying as all hell. It's ridiculous. Again. "shoot the soldier at 50 feet, or shoot the one at 50 millimeters?" The Battlefront II AI will shoot for the one at 50 feet if its marked 'player'. It was programmed by a 4 alarm flaming idiot.

I suppose someone would complain it was too "dumb" if it did standard threat assessment and shot the closer ones, while you sniped it or such.

lol, the trick is to beat the deathstar is tolevel up some medals, so lots of bots will follow you, make them follow you, and then make them distract the rebs while you are a rocket guy (forget name) and shoot with luncher and nades from the platform, and dock out of range while reloading, i beat taht level with 00:04 secs remaning on the timer.....

lol, the trick is to beat the deathstar is tolevel up some medals, so lots of bots will follow you, make them follow you, and then make them distract the rebs while you are a rocket guy (forget name) and shoot with luncher and nades from the platform, and dock out of range while reloading, i beat taht level with 00:04 secs remaning on the timer.....

Or for a faster approch: You can jump down and run around like a crazy person, dodging blaster bullets while your missile reloads. Thats what I did and it worked ok.

To gain more level time, go through the waste disposial from the detention tunnel instead of walking around those walkways (you can also jump from walkway to walkway instead of walking around the whole thing)

As for that crazy AI, i think the programmers coded the NPC's to deal with human players as if they were "heroes" even if they are only simple troopers. That's why they will shoot at you no matter what.

Bloody annoying if you ask me. The main theme of battlefront *should* be to be just a regular joe on the frontlines, no more important or special as anyone else. And this new AI just makes it a worst experience.

Well, have you noticed that you end up doing most of the work yourself? When have your allies done anything? (They can't capture CPs for example). I will conceed that they are better at NOT DYING though.

I reckon. I don't wanna be running around capturing CPs that should have been easily defended. It's like *work* not play.

Well...JawaJoey if you haven't completed Death Star: Prison Break...you might want to try to destroy the firmly landed transport.

Hehe, obviously. I know what to do, but the first time I did it I was too stupid to realize there was a timer, and too lazy to switch to vangaurd, and four thermal dets just weren't enough. I haven't tried it again though. the ROTE missions are just so annyong to play over again, especially when you fail on the last ovjective. You just don't want to do all that over again right away... I'll get it when I try again, though.

Archived