Home

Hoth Impossible

EI 9373

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahahhahaha!!!! this is hte 6th time i played hoth, and i still acn't beat it, stay in the trench? with all those rebs toss nades like h**l at you!??!??!!?!? are you crazy?

i just can't beat it!!!!!

i ahve general medal level so i make 4 bots follow me, and THEN waht happsn?!?!?!?!?!? they get incinerated by ONE bothan!!! ONE!!!!! that just freakign sucks!!!!!!!!!! i need seroius help!!!!!!!!

alough killing the queen's jedi is hecka easy 1 rocket does it and on the deathstar mission where you have to kill the jedi i cliped him with 1 rocket BEFORE they displayed the objective, lol....

the queen is not hard,after all, not many heros can take a rocket to the face, not even that geonosian dude who stole boba/jango fett's wrist rocket luncher (yes, he has a wrist rocket luncher)... lol

Try staying Darth Vader. He can easily sprint from the bomb to the bomb planting area. Now after you have planted the bomb, stand back. Most of the Rebels should go after the bomb and not you. Use the lightsaber throw to take them all out from a distance. If you die, come back and throw gernades into the area where they stand. Don't be a slow firing unit, such as the rocket trooper, you need to kill large amount of units quickly.

staying vader is so hard, about 1/4 of your bar is gone from caping the hanger, and then you have to dash across the turrents, which takes half your health away, and after you plant it, you only have 1/4 health left, and you are easily killed, if it was Obi, it would be alot better (he's best jedi ever!), becasue obi's sprint attack makees more sense then darth vader's wide useless swing that's easy to miss.....

All i did was be Darth Vader, sprint to the bomb planting area and waited. Soon, tons of rebels came and i just kept throwing my light saber and and killing them. After vadar died, i was a dark trooper and keept shooting his (arc caster i think). All you have to do is stay on the bomb and shoot chrched blasts. Don't forget to reload when you can. I think the Hoth mission and Mustfar were easy, compered to Yavin, which was the hardest to me.

yavin was hard for me to first i did it as a stormtroopee and i hgated them things that had about 100 rockets each time they reload next i did the samethen i used a tank to kill them and the bothan were easy they just stood there.

New tips for those who have yet to beat Hoth: When you have to take the hanger, run in and steal a speeder. Fly into the ending area of the map (behind the tunnels where all the still standing turrets are). You can stay in your speeder and destroy all the Rebel's auto-turrets. This will make your last two objectives much easier. Now fly back over to take the hanger.

If you have the time, you can land and go into the tunnels from the back way (where you just destroyed the turrets). You can't reach the hanger, but you can kill a few troops now instead of later. They didn't even see me as I shot them all one by one. These troops do respawn after a while, but I think their count will be less if you pick them off now instead of when they are charging after you later.

In hindsight, overall, the SP challenges were pretty lame. I think they need a bit more "substance". WTF is with those infinate-spawing rebels?

It's something to add to BF3, more variety in missions and more missions that don't involve you running to a command post. I'd live to see more "using the strenghts of particular classes" kind of things. I'd love to have to wreck bridges as an engineer, to halt rebel movements, then switch to a sniper to stop rebels using theirs to stop the other engineer teams getting taken out...

...missions that don't involve you running to a command post. I'd live to see more "using the strenghts of particular classes" kind of things. I'd love to have to wreck bridges as an engineer, to halt rebel movements, then switch to a sniper to stop rebels using theirs to stop the other engineer teams getting taken out...

Me too. They did it to a small extent in the training mission, why not the rest?

.....missions that don't involve you running to a command post. I'd live to see more "using the strenghts of particular classes" kind of things. I'd love to have to wreck bridges as an engineer, to halt rebel movements, then switch to a sniper to stop rebels using theirs to stop the other engineer teams getting taken out...

Same here. They should, it make the game more fun.

I'm going to have to plug my geonosis idea in the "Endor map idea" thread though. That'd make a brilliant SP level, because you could supervise each stage (e.g, make the first drpoship landings, secure the geonosian arena, drop down AT-TE's/protect them...)

I think CP design would play a big part in helping things 'flow' as well. Like Yarvin, they should be inside temples. Not in the open, so that if you must have a "nick the post" objective, it loooks like you're actually getting somewhere in an advantagous position, not just for the hell of it. How many times must you take a post "because it'd make a good lookout" when it never is?

In hindsight, overall, the SP challenges were pretty lame. I think they need a bit more "substance". WTF is with those infinate-spawing rebels?

It's something to add to BF3, more variety in missions and more missions that don't involve you running to a command post. I'd live to see more "using the strenghts of particular classes" kind of things. I'd love to have to wreck bridges as an engineer, to halt rebel movements, then switch to a sniper to stop rebels using theirs to stop the other engineer teams getting taken out...

I am liking those ideas in your 2nd paragraph.

Other than that, it would have been good to see a different bunker on Endor - a much larger one to reflect the one in ROTJ in which you actually have to blow the door open, inflitrate it and kill the stormtroopers/officers, plant the bombs, and get the hell out of there before the thing blows...

Archived