Home

The Three Musketeers

Nitro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol... But I'm serious! This book just plain kicked ass! And I'm used to reading the many works of W.E.B. Griffen and Tom Clancy. Clancy writes beautiful novels, and Griffen's "The Corps" series and "Badge Of Honor" series are amazing. You really get to know the characters.

I grew up on Hardy Boys... I read all of them, and I still have every single one in a box in my room... I'm gonna give 'em to my kid when he's old enough to read 'em.

------------------

You know what I really want in a girl?

Me.

This post has been brought to you by nitro.gifNitro nitro.gif

The FIVE GREATEST FICTIONAL WORKS OF ALL TIME ACCORDING TO GUNRAY:

1) Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy

2) The Bear and the Dragon by Tom Clancy

3) 1984 by George Orwell

4) Animal Farm by George Orwell

5) The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Freichrich Engels (you may THINK it's not a work of fiction until you've READ it...)

Back to work on my FINAL PROGRAM for Java...

------------------

jup_sept.gif

I have a life, but I feel mostly dead.

Animal Farm was the only book we had to read in school that I liked

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Everyone open up your Communist Manifestos to page 88 and get a BIG STEAMING LOAD of this:

The bourgeois clap-trap about the family and education, about the hallowed co-relation of parent and child, becomes all the more disgusting; the more, by the action of modern industry, all family ties among the proletarians are torn asunder, and their children transformed into simple articles of commerce and instruments of labor.

But you Communists would introduce Weibergemeinschaft (literally: communal wives), screams the whole bourgeoisie.

The bourgeoisie sees in his wife a mere instrument of production. He hears that the instruments of production are to be exploited in common, and, naturally, can come to no other conclusion than that the lot of being common to all will likewise fall to women.

He has not evena suspicion that the real point at is to do away with the status of women as mere instruments of production.

For the rest, nothing more than the virtuous indignation of our bourgeois at free love which, they pretend, is to be openly and officially established by the Communists. The Communists have no need to introduce free love; it has existed almost from time immemorial.

Our bourgeoisie, not content with having the wives and daughters of their proletarians at their disposal, not to speak of common prostitutes, take supreme delight in seducing each other's wives.

Bourgeois marriage is in reality a system of wives in common and thus, at the most, what the Communists might possibly be reproached with, is that they desire to introduce, in substitution for hypocritically concealed, an openly legalized system of free love.

The first time I read that I thought "What the hell is he talking about?"

The second: "Hippies like free love. Communists like free love. Hippy=Commie

The third: "He's pointing out all the stuff that makes Capitalism great.

The fourth and final: "Knowing the 'evils of Capitalism' presented to the common man, ie me, is motivation to strive to the goal set forth by our Founding Fathers: get to the top of the stack at any cost so YOU get to be the guy that's doing all that stuff.

I love America.

------------------

jup_sept.gif

I have a life, but I feel mostly dead.

I read the all about Athos, Porthos, and Aramis last summer. It's a good book. You know there are two other books with them in it right?

------------------

You were expecting a creative sig?

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Been there, done that. And the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

------------------

You were expecting a creative sig?

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

If you liked the Three Musketeers, read the Count of Monte Cristo.

Excellent book. biggrin.gif

BTW, I haven't read TTM yet, but I really want to. I'll get around to it soon...

------------------

I think, therefore I am pro-life.

[This message has been edited by Conor (edited December 10, 2000).]

"Animal Farm" is one of the rare books that I read freely (didn't have to read it for school or something like that) and I really liked it. "Underground to Canada" was good.

Most of the other stuff I read were for school, meaning authors like: Balzac, Maupassant, Moliere, Victor Hugo, Beaumarchais or Voltaire, I get rid those long long long very long books by finishing them in two or three days, if it's theatrical stuff I read it all in about 2 hours.

[This message has been edited by Jem (edited December 10, 2000).]

Archived