The Three Musketeers

Nitro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AceAzzameen

Old man and the sea sucked so much! mad.gif

I can't believe the ****ing forum censors Moby ****ing ****. biggrin.gif

Three Musketeers is AWESOME!!! cool.gif After seeing that great movie a few years back (Chris O'donnel, Charlie Sheen, Keifer(sp?) Sutherland, etc...), I decided to read the book & it was spectacular reading! What are the other two books about the musketeers, btw? I had heard there was one, but I didn't know of two, but I'd love to read them. smile.gif

And while we're talking about classics... how about Dracula? There was a play here a couple months ago & before I went, I was curious about the original story, so I cracked out my old copy & read it for the second time. It was even better than I remember! cool.gif

------------------

"With the blast shield down, I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?"

Rogue Leader 3

aceazzameen@yahoo.com

or manofstele@yahoo.com

tiedef.gif

I read Three Musketeers, but I kept getting distracted by Dumas' plot gaps (hint: try keeping track of D'artagnon's rank).

I also re-read Paradise Lost recently, for class.

My favourite books though are Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles, even though I can't remember who wrote it. It's a trilogy (The Golden One, The Crimson Claw, and The Crystal Eye), and one of the only SF tales I've encountered that doesn't involve humans. Not one. And the aliens are truly alien, not just humans in masks.

------------------

"I have two modes with people; bite and avoid." --Angel

it didn't matter, cause both of them sucked. When I was in elementary school i read the boxcar children series.

------------------

You were expecting a creative sig?

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

There are others with Athos, Portos, and Aramis? I MUST HAVE THEM!!!

I've read The Hobbit and the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. I am particularly fond of the Chronicles Of Narnia books.

------------------

You know what I really want in a girl?

Me.

This post has been brought to you by nitro.gifNitro nitro.gif

I have the entire series up to like 54 in my atic somewhere. Or is that the basement?

------------------

You were expecting a creative sig?

Rogue 6

if any of you are fantasy novel fans, like dragons and wizards and the like, you HAVE to read the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. best fantasy novels i've ever read, and i've read a lot of them...i think i may have even turned a through and through Tolkien fan to my cause tongue.gif he read the series and absolutely loved it, haven't met a person who's read it who hasn't loved it yet. first book is called Wizard's First Rule for any of you interested smile.gif

------------------

If you live to be a hundred, i hope i live to be a hundred minus one so i never have to live without you!

SkirtPower@hotmail.com

Official Forum Chick

You have now. I read it several years ago (7 of them in total), and found them to be mediocre at best. It was a good story, but I just didn't enjoy them that much.

On the other hand, I found his Landover books very entertaining.

If you want two extremely good fantasy authors (the best I've come across), try Robert Jordan and George R. R. Martin. Both their series' are quite simply spectacular.

My favorite book of all time remains the Silmarillion by Tolkien. He invented his own mythology, and I can't get enough of it.

i dunno, what can i say..i'm a sucker for a love story wink.gif

Robert Jordan is pretty good, yeah, except i was furious when i read (or rather, didn't finish) The Path of Daggers...i couldn't believe he cut Mat out of the story! Mat's my favorite, i was so upset. i have the next one in the Wheel of Time right now, i just haven't read it yet. another fantasy series and writer that i really like is the Recluce series by L.E. Modessitt.

umm it's about these two characters, Richard Cypher and Kahlan Amnell, mainly, but it has tons of other characters in it too..lets see...i'm terrible at describing stories without giving stuff away...It's basically about these two characters who are trying to stop this evil wizard from either taking over the world or destroying it, with lots of trials and tribulations inbetween.

I don't believe it. I guess I just saw "Terry" and something about a "sword of truth" and assumed it was Terry Brooks. I feel really stupid now.

Funnily enough however, my comments on the series stand. smile.gif I find Goodkind's story rather entertaining, but I wouldn't call it 'great'. For one thing, he over uses sex as a plot device. I am also certain he copied things from Jordan (namely those Children of the Light lookalikes and the magic women).

It is fun reading though.

Mat is in book 9 quite a bit (Jordan ties up quite a few loose ends as well). I read it completely the day after I bought it. biggrin.gif

Try Martin if you haven't already. I can positively guarentee you won't be disappointed. His first book is A Game of Thrones.

Yes, R6 has more pages that the BIBLE...

It's a great book. I went from hating Popov through most of it, and he turned out to be my favorite character by the end.

If you like r6, read The Bear and the Dragon. RAINBOW is in it a lot, as are ALL OF CLANCY'S OTHER CHARACTERS: Jack Ryan (of course, RAINBOW, Bart Mancuso, etc.

------------------

jup_sept.gif

I have a life, but I feel mostly dead.

I actually found Rainbow Six to be one of his lesser works. It didn't live up to the Clancy standard that Red Storm Rising, The Hunt For Red October, Without Remorse, and Clear And Present Danger set for me.

------------------

*Joker, to the helicopter gunner*

"How can you shoot women, and children?"

"Easy! You just don't lead 'em so much!!!"

-Full Metal Jacket

This post has been brought to you by nitro.gifNitro nitro.gif

The Hunt For Red October and Clear And Present Danger were his best in my opinion.

------------------

"Nearly 100% of all divorces are caused by marriage."

Rogue 6

Originally posted by Nitro:

It didn't live up...Red Storm Rising, The Hunt For Red October

That's IMPOSSIBLE and you know it biggrin.gif

Although The Bear and the Dragon is almost as good as Red Storm Rising.

I know what you mean about R6. About half the book could have been removed and it would have been exactly the same, but with less people standing around talking about guns.

I've heard rumors about a Rainbow Six movie in the works, but I doubt they could do it...the story's just too long and involved. Too bad a Red Storm Rising movie is totally out of the question biggrin.gif

------------------

jup_sept.gif

I have a life, but I feel mostly dead.

Archived