Home

Welcome to the game! We are all noobs!

Kurgan

Post here your stories from the game thus far where people claim to be awesome at the game or complain about "newbies."

You know what I'm talking about. People who played the beta, ordered and got the game early, and now act like they own the place and "lack patience" with normal people like you and me, while trumpeting their own "l33t skillz."

Personally I think the level of snobbiness of some game players has risen to ridiculous levels lately. I wouldn't expect SWBF2 to be any different.

Post screenshots also of these people so we can have a good laugh. ;)

Alternately post about the sore losers you encounter who already accuse others of cheating and don't know what they're talking about. Again, you can see this coming a mile off!

On the other hand, it may be hard to get anyone to talk in this game, so good luck...

I have to admit that I get my A** kicked by bots, frequently on space maps but i don`t mind because the fun factor is incredible, especially on maps that support XL mode.

Personally I think the level of snobbiness of some game players has risen to ridiculous levels lately.

I agree 100%

This is very apparent particularly in the Battlefield series, most gamers claim they are experts but alot of them lack the ability to play a part of a team, which makes the game pointless.

There is a person on the beta forum who keeps calling me a nood in everyone of his posts becasue I mentioned rocket troopers should be used more aganist vehicles and not so much aganist normal units.

I would not consider anyone an expert on the game until they can win (as the hunted units) each Hunt map aganist a large Elite bot force for 1 hour per map. I beat the standard part of the game on Elite in one night, but the Rebels on Hoth ripped my hairy claws to shreds (in Hoth Hunt mode: Rebels vs those white snow monsters with claws).

These guys are so full of ego, they say they're the best player the day after the game comes out, it's hilarious.

As to the guy on the beta forum, I know what you mean. It's like they are the "anti-lamers" from the JK2/JA community. If you use some tactic that lets you get kills "easily" they call this being a "noob." They use the same way that these honor guys use the term "lamer."

In their mind, the only skillful way to kill a person is to snipe them I guess. You are only allowed to snipe or run at your opponent firing your blaster.

Next thing you know they'll be whining about spawn killing, camping, and typing kills!

That is why the developers didn't create all these other weapons and classes and vehicles. After all there is only one way to play and if you don't play it that way you're a "noob."

Why don't believe that buy games magically know these philosophies? IT'S A MYSTERY! :lol:

Also, did you know that if you play without team damage you're a "noob"?

But if you play with team damage on, you'll get a firestorm of whining about "TKing." You can't win...

I thought I was a pretty good player until I went up against some Elite level bots, man I'm really going to have to train more if I'm even going to think of showing my face online...

How about a team of humans vs. a team of bots?

Then again, what human can contend against perfect aim? ;)

This is very apparent particularly in the Battlefield series, most gamers claim they are experts but alot of them lack the ability to play a part of a team, which makes the game pointless.

Actually, the level of asshattery in BF isn't too bad compared to other games. Sure, you get a few "hahaz i ownd you!1" kiddies, but I find that the most of the community is pretty mature.

Of course, the next time I go play BF2, I'll run into a total jackass, just because I wrote this post.

Havnt played online yet (well except beta) :) working my way through the campaign first

But the few instant action games i've played i nearly have space combat mastered (im not normally one to brag) im really pleased and impressed with myself :D im still pretty average on land though :(

Out of interest is there a Lucasforums clan for swbf2 at all?

I probably won't play it online once I get the game. One reason is that my internet connection disconnects randomly and I don't want that to happen while I'm in a game. Secondly, I played the Beta version and it didn't run well anyway when the connection was connected.

Then there was this one instance....I was playing Space Yavin and I was Imperial so I spawned and went and got in one of the turrets. So I was shooting at rebels for a while and then suddenly I die because one of my teamates killed me. Well, I blew it off and just posted typed a little reminder "Don't kill yor own teammates guys" and then went back to the turrets again. Then suddenly I get killed again--same guy too. So, I wrote "Hey, stop killing your own teammates". And then a poll popped up to kick ME for killing my teammates. I was like "Hey, it wasn't me!" and then I got kicked.

And that's a reason I probably won't play online.

Master SkyWalker: Use the AT-AT (:atat: ) to blow the place apart. When everyone inside is dead, run in and attempt to capture the post, everyone will respawn and kill you, but you will haved capture some of the CP (in SWBF2 CPs don't reset captured status when you leave its ranage) Respawn at the AT-AT and do it again and again until you get the CP.

Darth Alec: I found capturing the center CP very hard also. Take that huge vehicle and use it to walk up next to the CP, then jump out and capture it. Good luck on your FPS gaming.

Kurgn: I think you misunderstood my post. I said rockets should be used aganist vehicles. He was saying anyone killed by a rocket or mine is a complete noob. Sort of unrelated ideas :blast5: , but it still happened.

Commanderobiwan: Detpack are dropped by the engineer class. They are remote bombs. You drop one, then later you hit a remote button to explode it :explode:, killing everything near by.

darthviper107: Don't let team killing keep you from enjoying online play. Play on 'Team Damage off' servers :lazerhead.

lol. I just got back from classes and took a look at my server logs... Talk about only noods buying the game and playing it on line. Here are a few selected quotes:

[EDIT: I decided to take them off. Its not nice to make fun of people's weird questions]

Yes, playing online can be the best feature of the game, but if your playing with complete idiots, or people who brag about there (nonexistant) skills, it quickly becomes very dull and tiresome. (although I will admit, killing someone who is a braggart is alot of fun)

It seems that the more someone talks about their "ultimate skills" the less skill they ultimatly have, also the more threatining there name is, the less likely they are to be a good player, for exaple, online I would fear someone called "Chet Awsome" or "Tomazaki" or some other random name that makes no sense more then someone called "TEH DEVASTATOR" or "angel of death" Of course there are exeptions to this, but mostly Ive found it to be true.

Anyway jerks exist everywhere, and a great number seem to infest the internet, so really all you can do is find a mostly mature server and take sweet sweet vengance on those who boast. (or if you can't because you suck, just play on "normal" mode for a bit to get your confidence up, works for me!)

Yeah, relish this magical time now, when the community is still small, still consisting of people who are discovering the game together and having fun!

I guess that's the toss up. On the one hand there are people who on day 1 whine about "noobs" (I guess they're porting noobs over from other games?), but then there is always something about a new community that feels free for awhile. So savor that experience while you can!

I'm not exactly sure when that freshness wears off. Is it after the first patch? The last patch? The sense that there's "nothing more new" to discover? Or when the sales of the game plateau out and you know the original core group has been buried by newcomers and you're expendable (ie: if you quit the game forever nobody will care)?

I can't fly for sh!t. :toilet1: I'll have to try some more tonight. I'm having a heck of a time keeping my flight plane level. I get the the throttle/roll all mixed up. I always seem to barrel roll to death.

Don't feel bad. I always hated the flying in SWBF. It's a little better in part 2 because you have the space maps. I mean for crying out loud in SWBF1, they parked ships in front of trees and buildings, and since you are FORCED to fly forward (unless you hold down the breaks... that's messed up.. what happened to the concept of a throttle? since when do spaceships behave this way? what about reverse thrusters?) you crash the first twenty times (and so do the bots, if not moreso).

I got so used to the flight controls in JA I was a total idiot at flying for a long time. I finally got used to it in the beta, but of course that was with hosting my own server (lag kills flying). So I sympathize. I can only say you'll get better at it with practice (and a good connection!).

Honestly I need to plug in my analog stick and see if I can fly a little easier (turning with keyboard/mouse is horrible, even though you could actually do it in SWBF1!).

Yeah, relish this magical time now, when the community is still small, still consisting of people who are discovering the game together and having fun!

I guess that's the toss up. On the one hand there are people who on day 1 whine about "noobs" (I guess they're porting noobs over from other games?), but then there is always something about a new community that feels free for awhile. So savor that experience while you can!

I'm not exactly sure when that freshness wears off. Is it after the first patch? The last patch? The sense that there's "nothing more new" to discover? Or when the sales of the game plateau out and you know the original core group has been buried by newcomers and you're expendable (ie: if you quit the game forever nobody will care)?

Very well said.

The thing I liked when I went online for the first time with BF2 tonight was the obvious lack of TKers. On my first spawn on my first map, I'll brag and say I did good as a scout trooper, sniping people left and right. But it wasn't because I was good, it's because everyone, like me, were still getting used to things. Everyone, including myself, was hesitant and still working through the new controls, etc.....

With my bragging, I'll admit this first map was Kashyykk(sp?), and I spent a minute or two trying to find a way up to the platforms (mind still in BF1), which of course, there is none. :eek:

I had lots of fun if for no other reason than it was all new, different, and I really didn't no what the hell I was doing. I installed it tonight, and went right online without any single player practice. But it was fun and I had a few laughs in between......

duh! why do you think we complain all the time?

and plz don't double post, there is an edit option....

i think the freshness ends when everyone have owned the SP camp 2 or 3 times, the noobs (i know we're all noobs right now, but there wil be noobier noobs) think they're Masterz and have DeathStarZ skills, and think they can own us, then it become increably overious that the game is ****ed, but we can still sorta have fun owning the noobs.....

I am 'so' looking forward to playing it!

I find that me and my 'comrade' work really good in co-op. I think if you've got a few REAL LIFE mates online or offline, it makes a real difference to teamwork. You get to learn their moves, their thoughts, you can cuss, tease, make bad "EXECUTE ORDER 66!" taunts (in BF1, it was my passion to shoot Jedi and I kill them by drive bys) or just generally know how the other one thinks.

Sort of like being in a clan, but with the advantage that you end up already ahead in that you know the person.

As for n00bs online...go get em!

Archived