Home

Member of the 501st Legion speaks

^Invader

Hi Im not sure what to say about the 501st legion except when you troop with them in costume they are the most awesome folx you ever meet, we are maybe planning a 501st Legion group to play with folx online so be on the lookout for us!! :)

But I personally want to thank Lucasarts, Lucasfilms and George for this great honor he has given our group.

Part 2 of this 501st report in for duty!

We are all star wars geek to some extent. Some more than others.

Even within the 501st there are different levels of interest. So no-one would feel out of place there, even without an outfit.

Though if you do fancy joining up. Beware!!!! once you start on that road with one costume you will want more :D

I've been turned to the darkside and have 4 now. Blimey! it ain't cheap!

Hi Invader

thought I'd say hi from the UK Garrison, the UK section of the 501st. Keep an eye out for names with [uKG] prefixes. Most of us have the game now. See you all online.

Dom

TC said it once you do one costume you do more...I started out as a off duty NCO/Pilot finished off my pilot and said no more, then did a custom Mandolarin with black sheme (not acceptable by 501st) then my royal guard LOL and now my wife is planning on getting Stormtrooper armor and now she's working on a Amdila dress LOL

So once you start it's almost like a drug you are always modifying making it better, we for my RG went though 10 yard of fabric just for the inner robe until it looked right.

I envision a bunch of guys getting together on the weekends saying things like, "Hey! You there!" :cool:

It reminds me of an online session of JKII a couple of years ago... I used to use the Red Stormie model and several other stormies were on at the same time. Pretty soon the "Hey, You there! taunt was just annoying the devil out of everyone else... Nearly everyone switched to a Stormie model and I think we ended up making a pyramid, all taunting, "Hey, you there!" at the couple of guys still dueling...... Laughed my a$$ off! It was one of those rare JKII online moments.

I thought I had a screenie of it, but no luck....

I actually got my applications rejected, so i'm working on a second costume, building it from the ground up this time, before I re-apply. My sister who did my original make-up is going to sew me new tunic/robes for my Darth Maul costume.

Alot of people, especially my sis, don't understand how my costume got rejected, and she took great offense. Anyways, here is the original costume:

http://www.themanipulation.com/images/groovytorso.jpg

http://www.themanipulation.com/images/lightsabermod.jpg

For the NEW costume, I am using Kropserkel's design as a template, and I have to track down those damn boots. Maul's boots in the movie is a pair of Frank Thomas' Apollo Gore motorcycle boots that have not been manufactured since 1998.

I am looking at this pair, but they are not too easy to find in the US. So I might even have to find another brand.

I think being in the 501st could be alot of fun, but I just hope after putting in all this effort, I don't get rejected again.

Well Groovy you know me, i can see why in the first pic thou it looks like it's a rubies Darth maul costume :p Cause the booties don't lie hehe me i got 2 costumes mainly found a really good set of ABS Clone trooper armor under 500.

The best bet is find out what garrison your near and sign up on the forums and tell them your a potental member and want to talk to the GML about what is acceptable then when you send your pics in the LMO (which is on my crap list right now) is really picky anyway Im going to pm you with my number I can try to help you out as much as possible.

Well Groovy you know me, i can see why in the first pic thou it looks like it's a rubies Darth maul costume :p Cause the booties don't lie hehe me i got 2 costumes mainly found a really good set of ABS Clone trooper armor under 500.

The best bet is find out what garrison your near and sign up on the forums and tell them your a potental member and want to talk to the GML about what is acceptable then when you send your pics in the LMO (which is on my crap list right now) is really picky anyway Im going to pm you with my number I can try to help you out as much as possible.

It IS a Rubies Darth Maul costume, but I paid over a hundred bucks for that thing when it came out. I usually wear rubber work boots that resemble a space type boot, and look shiney when you give them a coat of armor all. When I bought that costume at the time, I was merely doing it to impress the guests at my Halloween party, then over the years people encouraged me to dress up on the convention circuit and what not. Mostly due to the make up job, you HAVE to give my sis props for the make up. First time it took her about four hours, then she had it down to about 30 mins.

I plan to make my new costume as close to the movie as humanly possible. One bitch I have though.....how picky CAN you really be? I mean I seen Maul costume pics in the rosters on the site that look worse than mine. I THOUGHT the 501st was a cool bunch of people who do charity work, but part of me thinks they are just a major snob fest. I've never met any of them in person so I really don't know.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Okay i've been to an event when they were out there and they were nice, but if you want to do good guy costumes !!!!!!REBEL LEGION!!!!!!

i am only a forum user because i'm 13 but they are really nice. Reaper, Master Jedi,i Five, they are some of the best coustmers i've seen

REBEL LEGION RULES

Archived