Home

Kashyyyk - A line in the sand in 'Rise of the Empire'

melon farmer

This level is kicking my a**. I've made it to the last objective, where you have to go out and retake all the command posts. But the CIS has apparently infinite reinforcements, and they just grind you down. And it's tough enough just to make it to there. Anyone have some suggestions for beating this level? :firemad:

My patience is running thin.

Mmm, when you get Yoda, rush out of the base and take the furthest CP to start with (this will cut off their main supply of tanks). After that, go for the one surrounded by rocks towards the centre of the map. If Yoda's still viable to fight, then rush him over to the beachhead and take that if you can. By this point, you'll probably have lost Yoda, so just continue with whatever class you play best as. Lead some troops out and hold the CP nearest to your 'last'. When you have it, you could man one of the concussion turrets to cover your troops advance or you could join their foot zerg. Whatever, just make sure that as many as possible are pushing forwards.

Mmm, when you get Yoda, rush out of the base and take the furthest CP to start with (this will cut off their main supply of tanks). After that, go for the one surrounded by rocks towards the centre of the map. If Yoda's still viable to fight, then rush him over to the beachhead and take that if you can. By this point, you'll probably have lost Yoda, so just continue with whatever class you play best as. Lead some troops out and hold the CP nearest to your 'last'. When you have it, you could man one of the concussion turrets to cover your troops advance or you could join their foot zerg. Whatever, just make sure that as many as possible are pushing forwards.

Now THAT sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Kashyyyk is a tough level. Naboo is a tough level in Rise of the Empire, for certain. So is Mustafar. Mustafar has a huge bug on the 3rd objective, which makes it problematic. There's an auto-turret that somehow doesn't collision detect even for a closed door, and shoots right through it.

I cant pass this level either its soo tedious!!!

I lose Yoda too early and my reinforcements dont even try to take over bases they just stand around.. AGHHH!!!!

I have played as all of the hereos in Instant Action and I have come to the conclusion the Darth Maul is the best by along way! then probably Emporer palpatine, Darth Vader or Good Ol' General Greivous.. Luke Skywalker and Yoda die to easy.. Princess Leia is just pathetic..

OK, here's a hint for getting your troops to do something;

Play lots and lots of IA or GC missions. If you get 300 of those awards (you can see how many you got at the end of the map) you can lead 4 troops, who follow you around if you tell them to. There are lower numbers for less troops, but 4 for 300 is the most.

Once you get this, go through the missions with your personal squads. Use F4 (default) to tell a unit to follow you. Sprint a lot to make sure they stay with you, and try to stay away from the enemy as much as you can. When you get to a CP, they'll make it much faster, and will act as meat shields. This doen't work for heros, but you'll probably spend at least half of a map as a solider anyway.

Kashyyyk is the first map I had some trouble.

I lost Yoda very early (and thus learned how vulnerable Jedi are to rockets - something to remember for the coruscant level). I ended up playing with an engineer and blowing up their vehicles. The shotgun is also great when used on bunch of enemies.

Naboo can be hard near the end. The Naboo tanks spawn very fast and it's hard to get the upper hand. I ended up attacking from the front gates with the tank and it was a lot easier.

I had no problems with mustafar, and haven't seen any bugs.

Don't go for the beach head first, as this will only concentrate the enemy forces at the back. Instead, when you get Yoda, run along the far left of the map until you're out of the refinery area. Then take the bridge thing to the back. Hide Yoda against the rocks with block on when capturing it, and only cut droids up when they get close. After you get this CP, take the second one that they started with (the one that they use to flank the beachhead in the first part of the map). Use the same tactic as before, and you should take it.

Now, for the final attack. You've got the enemy surrounded, with only 2 CPs and 2 tanks. Sprint Yoda to the beachhead, and push him against the barricade, using his size to his advantage. Use block and face the thing that's throwing out the most fire power to save energy. Once you take this CP, then you've on the last stretch. Rush their last CP and do as much drainage as you can, jumping around to avoid fire, rolling away ect. If you die, respawn quickly and get back in. Make sure that you spawn using the beachhead, and not the refinery or the CISs original CPs.

Remember: The CIS is hellbent on that refinery! Don't spoil their fun when you get Yoda! Take them from behind, where they have 1 or 2 units, and not 20. This is key. If you force them back, then they'll grab their tanks, and you don't want them using them to farm your few remaining troops. Make a complete flanking, and not a semi. Go for the farthest and pull in. The droids'll never see it coming.

Holy Freakin' Hell!

I just COMPLETED Kashyyyk: A Line in the Sand (hope I got that right).

Well...It took me ROUGHLY 20-30 minutes of:

Killing, Dying, Changing Class, Dieing, Dying, Dying, Capturing, Dying, Capturing, Killing, Capturing (ok...letz see...that's 3 CP captured), Dying, Dying, Killing, Killing, Killing, Killing, LOW HEALTH, Capture Last CP (the CIS main CP -- Where they get the vehicles from). !!!! (I was sooooooo relieved when I captured the last CP (sucessfully)) -- I still COULD NOT believe that it took that long.

The Space portion of Kashyyyk was even worse.

I would get the holocron from inside the enemy ship...then I would fly outta the enemy hangar, and almost immediately, got shot down. (the easy part was actually BEING IN the enemy ship! --ONCE YOU DESTROY THE AUTO TURRET SYSTEM! --

Important thing is, I was able to beat the level.....annnnnd I had fun (<--that one's the MOST important!)

Signing off!

(Time for dinner --THEN...The family is going to watch "Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith" )

Archived