New Game Enhancement(NGE) Q&A

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Developer Questions 2-Nov-05

GENERAL AND MISCELLANEOUS QUESTIONS

Will I be able to change my species?

No

What will happen to all the resources?

Resources will be unaffected by the new game enhancements.

Is the character sheet changing?

Yes, the character sheet is being adapted to the new profession roadmap.

I am a Creature Handler - what will happen to my pets?

Any pets level 10 and above will remain in your datapad. Only pets level 10 and under can still be called.

Is lightsaber crafting changing?

Yes, The crystal components of lightsaber crafting have been removed.

Have the stats on crystals/pearls changed

Yes, they have been adapted to function with the new combat system.

Is crystal/pearl tuning changing?

No, however the stats on the crystals have changed.

COMBAT & ABILITIES

Are all the combat abilities going away?

All combat abilities are brand new to fit the new fast-action system. Entertainer, Trader, Pilot, and Politician abilities will remain unchanged.

How are weapons changing in the new system (stats, relevant usage, etc.)?

Weapons now have two stats – damage and range. Some select weapons have an elemental damage value added.

Does the combat system still hit specific locations on a target.

No

What are the new stats for characters and how do they generally work?

Strength: Melee attack stat – increases damage

Precision: Ranged attack stat – increases damage

Agility: General defense in combat – reduces damage

Stamina: Increases action

Constitution: Increases health

Luck: Will be explained more in-depth at a later time.

JEDI/FORCE SENSITIVE-RELATED QUESTIONS

Will Jedi receive an extra character slot?

Yes

Will Jedi stil lose XP if slain by a bounty hunter?

No

For those who have gone through and gotten partway through the Force Sensitive Village (FSV), how will their re-spec points be allocated?

The FS village has been removed and Jedi have been included as an iconic profession, so progress in the FS village will not have an impact on the re-spec.

As Jedi seem to have more points vested than other players, will those players who were high level Jedi get more re-spec points?

Re-spec is based on combat level (or Skill Point usage in the case of Entertainers and Traders), but we do have some other great incentives for veteran Jedi in recognition of their efforts.

DMUK

Is this real?????

Developer Questions 2-Nov-05

Will Jedi receive an extra character slot?

Yes

Will Jedi stil lose XP if slain by a bounty hunter?

No

For those who have gone through and gotten partway through the Force Sensitive Village (FSV), how will their re-spec points be allocated?

The FS village has been removed and Jedi have been included as an iconic profession, so progress in the FS village will not have an impact on the re-spec.

DMUK

No more FS Villiage. No penalty for death by BH. this game is really going to the ****ter. I constantly wish i was playing again, cause i miss all of the great friends i made here..but i see this and this "no more CH" crap and realize how stupid it would be to come back...

Is this real?????

No more FS Villiage. No penalty for death by BH. this game is really going to the ****ter. I constantly wish i was playing again, cause i miss all of the great friends i made here..but i see this and this "no more CH" crap and realize how stupid it would be to come back...

Yes its real alright..

And yes i do miss my own mates,but theres no way i could go back to this mess..

I agree.. I mean what the hell are they trying to do to us!?!!? I think this just another conspiracy by SOE to take our money!!! And I just bought another game card of the damn game so I want a refund god dangit!!!!! Why are they doing this to us?!??!

well if jedi are a regular not so powerful profession, thats fine with me. I think the only way a jedi should be truly formitable is they are grouped with other jedi of similar skills. If they are trying to catch a feel with the movies then they should see that jedi arn't soloists most of the time. If it isn't 2 to a small group, they are backed up by a small battalion of soldiers. I will see what the reaction is to this after it releases and depending on it, i may decide to try and return to the mayhem that is star wars galaxies.

It should be Jedi vs Jedi, but even the force ranking system has been scrapped.

If it's any consolation, Jedi will have similiar skills. Identical skills, in fact. I'm hoping they make a difference between light and dark, but my hopes aren't high.

At this rate I'll never see for myself until it all goes live, because both test servers have been full since I woke up this morning...

Archived