Home

Need help commanding troops

munkay

I'm not too keen on the commands/orders system yet. In regards to the PC version how do you order teammates to follow/defend/attack and what not?

I'm used to battlefield II and the command system is quite simple there, but this game it seems it is F(1-12) commands, and I don't see confirmation of my orders...so a basic run down of how it works would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

F you in advance for flames and noob comments =)

There are two basic AI commands. 'Follow Me' and 'Spread Out' (or 'Pile in' and 'Get Out' when you are in a vehicle). The ONLY AI command button is defaulted to [F4]. When you give a command, it is only sent to the unit in your crosshair. You have to look at each unit you send orders to. If you tell a unit to follow, it does follow you. Then next command you give that unit is 'Spread Out'. You cannot give the same order twice in a row to the same unit. The [F5]-[F12] buttons are for your human teammates online.

un..... lucasarts wants to save trees? unlikely... lol!

anyway that really the 2 cmds you need, and it's more precise, but it sucks in a starfighter, you can't point at bots, and it really sucks to fly a lambdash (taht thingy....) with like only you in it, so this system is... going way DOWN!!!!!! :p

...anyway that really the 2 cmds you need, and it's more precise, but it sucks in a starfighter, you can't point at bots...

Oh, when you press 'Pile In' any bots around will run to the vehicle and get in. They don't have to be in your crosshair when you are in a vehicle. However, when you press 'Get Out' half of them just jump back in because the vehicle has open slots...

They were probably thinking "this will increase the difficulty if we make the bots stupid and you unable to command them effectively!"

This means they can more successfully promote the Prima Strategy Guides and pimp website updates about cheat codes. ;)

Nevermind that the challenge of coordinating your troops effectively to achieve victory can be quite fun and rewarding (see Republic Commando).

It's not as if it was beyond their capability, in any case (see multiplayer).

Another consideration: there aren't enough buttons on the Xbox and PS2 controllers (you knew that one was coming, didn't you?).

Another consideration: there aren't enough buttons on the Xbox and PS2 controllers (you knew that one was coming, didn't you?).

Yep, Ill probably need a new PC controller for Xmas cause my current one doesn't have enough buttons...but then again I have a really crappy controller

Archived