Home

Jedi temple

quakedout

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Don't get ahead of your troops when you first trigger the bookcase event. After you complete the first phase of this map, the jedi who destroy the bookcases as well as the timer will not start until you trigger it by entering the library. It's very easy to rush in before your bots get there - going in together helps with the initial push.

2) Don't try to save every shelf. Focus on a pair - the two at the back of the room are great because you need not watch your back and there is a medical droid conveniently at your disposal.

3) Watch your friendly fire. You can damage the shelves with careless shooting or thermal tosses.

4) Try not to die during the event, and if you do, be certain to spawn at the library point and not at the default temple entry one.

Hope that helps some. In the very end the best advice I can offer is to keep trying at it. The event plays out very much the same each time so you can learn where your attackers will be coming from.

Don't forget the engineer can repair the book cases. I focused on one random bookcase and protected it. The Jedi come is groups. When you finish off a group let your AI units deal with any other enemy AI units and you repair your bookcase. If your bookcase is at full health, repair another one and give the Jedi another target.

Yeah, I thought that if anything you would have to destroy those darn bookshelves, not defend them!

"The Jedi are threatening our Imperial Summer Reading program! They must be stopped!"

Anyway defending against the jedi is rather easy so long as you have a shotgun in your hands, but the coruscant guards can be a pain. I don't want to fight some stupid guy with a blaster! it's supposed to be clones vs. jedi!

Don't forget detpacks and mines. I haven't tried this, because I rushed through the level, but if you know where the Jedi will drop in from, try to place a detpack or a mine there (if it's not too close to a bookcase). They'll probably instagib the dropping Jedi, and save you a lot of hassle.

How to defend the bookcases (in no order of importance):

1) Be an engineer (recommended).

2) Don't die, heal yourself.

3) Focus on one or two bookcases.

4) Jedi attact each minute (watch the timer), so repair the bookcases when they aren't around.

5) DON'T enter the room until its filled with your frendly troops.

how many minutes do the barrage of jedi continue? and if you are quick enough to kill all quickly then do they still come every minute?

If I remember correctly it is two (if not, then its three) minutes. If you kill them quickly enough, then you have time to repair your bookcases before the next wave of Jedi. In fact, when my time counter was down to 30 seconds, I left to go get a head start on the next mission. My fellow troops were able to hold the bookcases from the standard enemy units.

why do you have to defend the books?

The Jedi are trying to destroy them.

Which is stupid. This is possibly one of the stupidest objectives in a Star Wars game.

The Empire probably wouldn't want those archives to exist. At least they'd not care about their destrcution, and at some point later, surely would destroy them themselves.

The Jedi definitely would want those archives to exists. Factual documentation of history as it happened, as well as plain general knowledge are things the Jedi support.

It just don't make no sense at all.

The Jedi are destroying the books so the Republic (empire) can't get their hands on them. (Remember you are playing the 'bad' guys at this point) The books contain information about both sides of the force. They Jedi don't want the Republic to gain more Sith knowledge. You are defending the books for a certain time limit, during which your mothership is scanning the books to archive them.

and yet the later objectives are to capture the holocrons that contain the sum of sith and jedi knowledge... Or maybe they contain diffrent stuff then the library itself, or who knows, maybe the Emperor has his own reasons for wanting the library intact... (Curses! those meddling jedi have destroyed the library! now i'll never know how that story ends...)

I still belive the reason that they are trying to destroy it is that it contains almost everything about everything, and the jedi don't want the republic to get that.

Well it's the JEDI library so it probably explains the origin and much more things that would be valuable to Palpatine and The Sith.

Archived