Home

Online Problem

Artemis Entreri

Hello Everyone. I have a problem with playing this game online with my Playstation 2. I can connect and everything and I choose I game to join and it loads it up. Then it says Conecting to host.... for a minute or so then it says connection to host lost. I was wondering why this keeps happening to me? Am I just losing the connection with the game host or my own internet host? Is there anyway to fix either of these problems? Or is it something else entirely? I would really really enjoy the help.

i have this same problem. when i join all games from the in-game server list it works ok. but when i try to join xfire or gamespy games i keep getting "cannot connect to hos" all the time. Although this doesn't happen with every game, i have joined about 10% of them ><.

I can't even join my own server games, i have opened up the required ports maybe there are more i need to open im not sure. Any detailed help would be much appreciated

Unfortunately, no one ever seems to want to help around here. It sucks, I really want to play online pretty bad.

I have never used a PS2 and can't provide support for something I don't know about. Make sure your router/switch isn't causing the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have managed to solve my problem and my swbf2 now works online. My Firewall was causing the disturbance, apparently it was blocking swbf2 from working online. So you may wish to check your Firewall on your PC. By the way you have to look for a list that has the programs/games that run on your PC, for each one it will either say block or permit, that is according to my Firewall (Norton Internet Security). Once again you may wish to check out my thread at http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?...iewtopic&t=2539

for the entire report on my problem. You may also try stating your problem there for you are bound to get more help.

I hope it will work for you too.

Peace out!

Archived