Home

Ask Your SWBF2 Questions Here!

Rudolphski

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The space battles are what really make this game awesome in my books. Each side (usually) has a star destroyer (type ship) and a friggot style ship. The SD has the spawn point, starfighter bay, turret command room and sometimes a destroyable warp core. The friggots are destroyable (I think, but they don't seem to do much).

From the launch bay, if you hop into one of the many types of star fighters, or troop transports... you lift off and fly out of the bay and into space. Prepare to dogfight, avoid turret fire, fly around obsticles and shoot anything that moves.

I could go on for hours about the space battles, but I would rather play them. Hope that helps, see you online.

I have battle front for the PC and its awsome! the only thing is I cant get rid of those damn objective details, ya know the ones that pause the game and explain what u need to do I CANT GET RID OF THEM! I've gone into the options menu and I dont see the "Always show objective details" I gone into the options menu both in and out of the game and still nothing! a little help plse other then that the game is awsome! I love the story of the 501st

oh jaemz you can bet youll see me... i just hope everyone dont go to the xbox 360 by the time i get it...i have to wait till december 17th but i just got sw3: revenge of the sith. and i played the short... short... shoooort, demo of the space battle, it was fun, but ultimatly TOO SHORT! i only had 3 min... wich makes me... disgruntled... lol... anyways i noticed. you can destory a ships engine... does that have any real effect on the ship? like does it affect the threat of that ship? like if it has no engines it becomes a low priority target. anyways thanks for the info.

"judge not, lest ye be judged"

not at all, you have to get to 180 points to win, when you kill off the engine it gies you 40 points i think (major compont) the other small ocuncils give you 1, the turrents give you 1, the starfighetsr give you 1, bomber 2, trooper trans 5 and such, you can destroy all systems in the other guy's ship and not win!!!! you have to get to 180 point!!!!

...The friggots are destroyable (I think, but they don't seem to do much)...

Friggots give you about 14 or 19 points for blowing them up. In the beta, they are sort of off to the side and don't do much, but in the other space maps, they are between the two main ships and their turrets will pick your fleet to pieces unless you take tem out. So far, I've seen a max of 3 Friggots per team on a few space maps (the beta just has 1 per team).

You aren't buying it because you can't go prone?

Heres an idea, be something other than a sniper once in a while.

What's your problem? I don't play as a sniper all the time. I hardly ever do. It's just I don't want to be restricted in my movements at all.

For any one who played the first game for any length of time should be able to confirm this, my user name was casanova.

I have to say, that when they still had orbital strikes in the game, I'd often go find me an out-of-the-way gonk droid and just hunker down, prone, so as to draw as little attention to myself as possible, and just oribital bomard the heck out of everyone. I have to say, that was a LOT of fun. I'm sort of sad to see that both oribital bombardment and laying prone are gone from SWBF2, but I still think the game is pretty fun so far.

I still might buy it Vagabond as so many people who played the first one liked the second. It's just with FPS games, when your attacking the command posts it's nice to be able to prone, ie, make yourself a smaller target.

I loved the first game regardless of its problems, and do miss the multiplayer action. Thats it, I'm off to special reserve to get my copy.

By the way, is there a large number of online players yet?

Some *objectives* are timed in the campaign. Such as protecting area X for Y seconds, or recovering X in Y seconds. Entire battles are not timed. (This is for the PC, but I think it should be the same for the X-BOX).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with Dark Side. Playable Sith are only to the Impire and CIS.

Archived