Home

Ask Your SWBF2 Questions Here!

Rudolphski

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend, commanderobiwan, told me that Hoth is timed for 21 minutes. If you go past that time, it is considered a defeat (this is for PS2...and probably all versions).

Also, you have to complete some objectives in a certain time limit. This also is what my friend, commanderobiwan, told me. Since I have yet to play the game.

I have to say, that when they still had orbital strikes in the game, I'd often go find me an out-of-the-way gonk droid and just hunker down, prone, so as to draw as little attention to myself as possible, and just oribital bomard the heck out of everyone. I have to say, that was a LOT of fun. I'm sort of sad to see that both oribital bombardment and laying prone are gone from SWBF2, but I still think the game is pretty fun so far.

I agree. Especially on Kashyyyk, as a clone sniper, I'd run to the end of the platforms and go prone next to the ammo droid, and bomb the snot out of the AATs and spider walkers on the island.

But these maps are way more complex and the recon droid would would probably run out of fuel before getting to its target. Plus I'll admit going prone got me killed (or got me kills from enemies who did) all too often.

I suck. I've beaten the entire SWBF2 game (501st campain and the 4 galaxy conquests) on Elite and I became a worst player. After you have been playing for a while, you start to keep bonuses such as damage given increase and damage taken reduction. I've been playing with those given to me each time I spawn for so long, I've gotten too used to them. I want a way to turn those bonuses off. I don't want to make a new profile becasue I want to keep track of my stats, but I no longer want to start with the 3 (soon to be 4) permanent bonuses I've earned. The bonuses are there to help good players, in the short run they do, but in the long run they only hurt you.

In the first patch, make a setting so the user can turn those off.

Nooooooo. I just typed a very detailed reply only to have it erased when I hit the BackSpace key when attempting to delete a letter, but IE went back one page... Anyway the short version:

You get a technician award by slicing into an enemy vehicle. To slice into a vehicle, use the reapiring 'weapon' on the vehicle. A green % will show up display how much of a % you have completed. When it reaches 100%, the enemy units inside the vehicle will pop out. The vehicle is locked for a second, then you can jump in. You don't need to get into the vehicle to get the award. If you do get in the vehicle, you get a nautomatic vehicle health regeneration for that vehicle.

Note: The enemy units stay alive when they pop out, so watch your back.

Nooooooo. I just typed a very detailed reply only to have it erased when I hit the BackSpace key when attempting to delete a letter, but IE went back one page... Anyway the short version:

You get a technician award by slicing into an enemy vehicle. To slice into a vehicle, use the reapiring 'weapon' on the vehicle. A green % will show up display how much of a % you have completed. When it reaches 100%, the enemy units inside the vehicle will pop out. The vehicle is locked for a second, then you can jump in. You don't need to get into the vehicle to get the award. If you do get in the vehicle, you get a nautomatic vehicle health regeneration for that vehicle.

Note: The enemy units stay alive when they pop out, so watch your back.

Nice. That what I'm gonna be doing the next few days.

I think I'm going to try to deplete the enemies forces. What could be better than defeating an infinte amount of enemies (meaning if the game buggs out at some number). Can anyone think of a good map for this? It needs to have a defendable location where I can order all my troops to stay behind behind.

I just though of one: The Jedi Temple. Right before the bookcases, there are very few enemies spawning and no Jedi around. I should be able to stay alive even if my troops can't.

Archived