Home

Ask Your SWBF2 Questions Here!

Rudolphski

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted by daventry

01. Whats the diffrence between SWBF2 and SWBF2 (Safe Mode)

Safe Mode in games is typically for testing. Like let's say the game keeps crashing on you and you don't know why. Safe Mode is to try to see if you can run the game with minimal settings (no flashy graphics, low res, etc). It's to troubleshoot technical problems on your end. The non-safe mode is how you normally run the game, with all your custom graphics and sound settings, etc.

02. What is Vsync.

Wikipedia should always be taken with a grain of salt, but this sounds about right:

Vertical synchronization (abbreviated as vertical sync or V-sync) is a method used in computer games to only allow the game to draw to the screen starting at the beginning of a video scan. This limits the frame rate of the game to the monitor's refresh frequency and also prevents page tearing.

V-sync is often found in applications where frames forming a motion sequence are rendered in real time at a variable rate, including 2D/3D games and audio/data visualizations, but does not apply to video playback.

03. What is Anti Allasing

Aliasing (sp?) is the effect of pixelation ("blockiness") at the edges of sprites or polygons, that gives something a digitized look, and thus less realistic. Anti-Aliasing is a feature built into many video cards, and some games themselves that "smoothes out" or smears (depending on how its calculated) these pixels in order to make it look less pixelated. Usually it requires at least a minimal amount of extra memory to accomplish this, hence why it used to be that only high level video cards or people with lots of ram were capable of benefiting from it. Now it seems to be more commonly used.

Some people prefer to the speed boost (though its probably minimal for modern systems) of not using AA, and some people dislike the "fuzziness" or "smearing" that sometimes accompanies it. It's a personal preference. Many consider it to be "prettier" than seeing pixels.

04. What is Bass Management.

Just like what it sounds like. Bass is the "boom" (opposite of treble.. it's the low sounds, vs. the high sounds of treble). Bass that's too high or too low can ruin the sound experience for many people. Either stuff sounds too "shallow" (too low) or too reverberating (too high). Bass Management is (supposed) to make sure that the bass sounds right. It's a personal prefernce and I don't know how well it works in this game.

05. How do i see my PM.

Go to the top of your screen where it says "private messages" (if you're logged in, it should show your name and a number next to it). Click on that and view your private messages, send them, etc. Or you can go to the "User CP" (User Control Panel) and access them from there. They're at the top of the screen with your options on the forum.

06. How do i make a Spoiler Tag.

[ spoiler ] Your spoiler goes here [ / spoiler ] (remove spaces to get the tags to work, like so:)

SPOILED!

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any info on what the Auto Turrets are that the sniper class carry? Is it some type of mini turret that can guard your back or defend a location while you move to new ground?

Yes thats correct...

Say while you travel u can leave a turrent at ur command post to defend it... it works really well.

Sniper Auto-Turrets:

The sniper can only place one at a time. It stays where its place and starts shooting at nearby enemies. Be carful, it doesn't care if you or another friendly unit is standing between it and the enemy, it will fire anyway. It also blows up when attacked by enemies, after a time period, or after a certain amount of shots. You can also jump on top of them If you place one down, the AI will always throw a gernade at it.

Is there any Cheat/Code for SWBF2 PC version? Say SWBF1 have special profile codes like "Jub Jub" is there anything like that? Is there any codes via the "talk" function?

Don't care much about things like infinite ammo and life, but I sooo want those funny dialogues and hobbit mode and what not...

I think they will be giving PC users a better patch. It will fix many bugs people are having. The Xbox users all have the same hardware, so there is less test/fix on those systems and they can produce it faster. PC have a wide range of hardware and thus have a wider range of problems. We should also be getting modding tools with the release of the patch. I am willing to wait for a better patch and an unfaulty map editor/mod tool.

• 4 weeks later...
I new Lucas Arts could have done better work with Battlefront2 they rushed it, Is the expansion for hero and villian assualt on kashyyk and the expansion for Visto and Ventress available for the PS2?????

I really doubt it if expansions are for the ps2, it is only for pc the expansions.

• 1 month later...

Archived