Home

[FIC]Return of the Exile

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 4

As they were entering Mos Eisley, they noticed Atton and Visas’ ship. As soon as the Ebon Hawk touched down, they started to run towards it.

Still hugging Visas, Atton heard a knock at the entrance.

“Visas? Atton?” said a mysterious voice.

Helping Visas, Atton walked to the door. “Who’s there?” he called.

“It’s me Thomas, now open up dammit!” Thomas yelled.

Opening the door, Atton found himself in a hug by Brianna, and Visas found herself in a hug from Thomas.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. What’s this all about?” asked Atton.

“We felt a disturbance in the force and we hauled ass here,” explained Thomas.

Laughing, Atton said, “Tsk, tsk. That’s no language for a Jedi.” Then getting serious, he said, “The disturbance you felt was Visas. She got hit.”

A look of deep concern replaced Thomas’ smile, “I’m sorry for hugging you so hard Visas, I didn’t know.”

“It’s OK, because, well, now I’m OK. But when I was hit, I was less worried about me, and I was more worried about the baby.”

Thomas opened his mouth, but no words came out. Looking at his watch, Atton muttered, “3…2…1. Dammit. You were supposed to say something in 10 seconds, Thomas. Here’s your credits Visas,” Atton said, handing them over, “you do realize that you now owe me eighty-two credits?”

Thomas stood there with his mouth open stupidly for another ten seconds before he finally sucked up all the slobber that was falling and cried, “CONGRATUALATIONS!!!!!!!”

“DAMN YOU THOMAS!!!!! Visas knew that you were gonna say that,” said Atton, handing over ten credits to Visas. “But, thank you, regardless.”

Brianna, who had been thinking the whole time, finally said, “Is it a boy or a girl?”

“We don’t know. And frankly, we don’t want to. It’s gonna be a surprise! Just like finding out she was pregnant was…” muttered Atton.

“So tell me what happened! How the hell did Visas get shot?” inquired Thomas.

“Well lets sit down, you’re just standing there like idiots,” moving over to a table.

After they sat down, Atton and Visas explained how it all happened. When they got to the part about the mysterious being, Thomas said, “I knew it…” and Brianna whispered, “Crap!”

Grinning once Atton got to the part about healing Visas, Thomas said, “Boy, you just love taking care of her and healing her don’t you? First, after I defeated her when she had come from Darth Nihilus, and then you take care of her when she gets shot.”

Laughing, Atton said, “I help the damsel in distress, what can I say?” Stretching and yawning he said, “I’m gonna go hit the hay. All of this story-telling has made me tired. You ready Visas?”

“I though you’d never ask,” she replied sleepily.

“The spare bedroom is down –“

“The hall. Yes, I know. I owned the ship, remember?”

“Whatever, we’ll see you in the morning.”

Sitting in the bed with Brianna next to him, Thomas said, “That’s something. Can’t believe Visas is pregnant. Talk about a shocker…”

“Do you want any kids?” Brianna asked, suddenly.

Taken aback, Thomas replied, “I’m not sure….Well, sure I’d like a son or a daughter, but not now.”

Kissing him lightly, Brianna said, “I was just asking.”

Returning the kiss, Thomas said, “Let’s sleep. More time for discussion in the morning.”

“OK, where do you think we should go?” asked Brianna, once they were all seated.

“Back to the Enclave. We should report our findings to the masters. Plus, they said that they have a surprise for all of us,” replied Thomas.

“Sounds good. Let’s get going,” said Atton getting up. “Visas get the engines going; I need to talk to Thomas for a second.”

Puzzled, Thomas walked to a corner with Atton. Atton asked, “Do you think we should tell them about the baby?”

Thinking for a moment, Thomas replied, “Yes. They will find out sooner or later, and I think it best that they find out by our hand, not an eavesdropper with a big mouth.”

Nodding, Atton said, “Let’s get going.”

It took another two days until the reached Dattoonie. They set down, and Thomas asked, “Brianna, do you think it’s a good idea that Visas and Atton are telling the masters about the baby?”

“Yes,” she replied without a moment’s hesitation.

Vandar walked up to greet them. “We need to talk to you in private chambers. Come with me, all four of you,” he said walking towards the Enclave.

As they stepped in, they noticed all of the Jedi masters were present, but no one else.

“What’s this all about?” inquired Thomas, puzzled.

“We all know that you have already taken prestige classes, Thomas and Brianna you are weapon masters, Atton and Visas, you are watchmen and watchwoman,” said Vandar.

“But we are wondering if you all would join us on the Jedi council as Jedi masters,” said Kavar.

Awed, all four of them stumbled out a yes.

“Great!”

Laughing, Dorak said, “So, when are you going to tell us about the baby and the Sith?”

Flabbergasted, Atton sputtered, “You know about Visas and me?”

“Hint of advice: next time you have a big conversation, shut down the comm. Center. But do not fear; we are not mad at the fact that you’re having a baby. Love is the strongest of all emotions, we have all felt it. And, you’re bringing another life into this world. That is all, you may leave.”

Walking out, Brianna said what they were all thinking, “That was easy.”

“What do we do know?” asked Atton.

“How the hell should I know? I don’t think that the Sith are going to return for a while. Obviously, you sacred the crap out of that…thing that attacked you,” said Thomas irritated.

“OK, OK. I was just asking.”

8 months later

“It’s coming, IT’S COMING!!!!!!!!” yelled Visas at Atton.

“Oh crap,” he muttered. “OK, I’m calling Brianna and Thomas.”

Picking up the phone, he pressed a few numbers. “Thomas? Yeah, it’s time.”

Thomas and Brianna ran into the ship a few minutes later, with the other Jedi masters in tow.

“Set her down on the bed,” commanded Dorak.

Picking up Visas with a grunt, Atton laid her down on the bed.

“I’ve read about delivering babies in the Jedi archives,” said Dorak. Laughing, he continued, “Who knew the archives had info on delivering babies. I saw a holocron, so I guess I should deliver it?”

They all nodded, as they had no knowledge of delivering babies.

“OK, let’s see…..Oh yes, I remember. You have to push,” Dorak said, laughing.

“OK, no time for jokes, push Visas, push. There’s a head….there’s the body…AND IT’S A BOY!” he said as he was holding the baby.

“Oh……my…….god……..I HAVE A SON!” yelled Atton.

Giving him a hug, Thomas said, “Congrats, man! Congrats!!!”

“Can I……hold him?” said Visas, panting.

“Here ya go,” said Dorak handing her the baby.

“What should….we name him?” asked Visas, getting her breath back.

“He came out of you, you get the honor,” Atton said.

“Can I call him…Jaq?” asked Visas.

“Are you sure? I don’t think my middle name is lucky, but the decision is yours,” Atton said, kissing her forehead.

“Jaq fits,” she said firmly.

They all murmured agreements.

Pulling Thomas over to the side, Atton said, “Listen, I want to get these Sith as much as you do, but I won’t let any harm come to Jaq, no matter the other consequences.”

”If you ever, ever put Jaq in danger, I would stick your eyeballs in glue. But, seriously, do you think that I would put a kid in danger? Not even I want to get those Sith that bad,” said Thomas.

“Just telling you.”

Visas was sleeping, Atton was sitting by her side, Thomas was off doing research on the Sith, and Brianna was holding Jaq.

Crying, Brianna said, “Who knew something could be so beautiful.”

“Yeah, he is,” said Thomas, walking into the room.

“Let’s steal it,” she said laughing.

Laughing as well, Thomas said, “No, I don’t want Atton to kill me. But, hey I found some information on the Sith. A padawan was looking for supplies on Nar Shaddaa and was killed. His master, Tim Lexti, went looking for him, and hasn’t returned. The other masters figured some merc’s or some thugs had done it. But, I don’t think that some thugs could take out a Jedi knight. I think that we should check it out. Once Visas wakes up, I’ll see if they’re up to the challenge. And I assume that you’re in as well?”

“You actually have to ask?”

“I was kidding.”

“When should we leave?”

“Whenever I get an answer from Visas and Atton.”

“Well, I’m gonna get some shuteye.”

“’Night.”

After giving Atton Jaq back, she kissed Thomas and said, “’Night.”

Thomas walked over to Atton. “Atton, I’ve found some info on the Sith.”

“What is it?”

“First, I want to know if Visas and you want to come. It’s gonna be dangerous,” he warned.

Waving him off airily, Atton said, “Of course were in. Well, I am at least. I’m sure that the other Jedi masters can take care of Jaq.”

After a minute of explaining about Nar Shaddaa, Thomas said, “Are you 100% sure that you’re in? I don’t want Jaq to grow up without a mother or a father.”

“He won’t. We’ll make sure of that.”

“Yes, we will make sure of that,” said Visas. They both jumped, they hadn’t realized that she had woken up.

“Are you all right?” asked Atton.

“Yes, thank you. Oh and by the way, I’ll come.”

“How long have you been awake?” asked Thomas, surprised.

“Long enough.”

“I think that we should head out in a few weeks.”

“Alright, if you say so.”

The next few weeks, they prepared, and looked after Jaq. The other Jedi Masters said that he had a strong connection to the Force, and could probably be a Jedi. “Really? Wow, three Jedi in the family. Who knew?” though Atton out loud.

“It’s time to leave,” yelled Thomas to Atton and Visas.

Handing Jaq over to Master Kavar, Visas said, “Look after him.”

“If you don’t, you’ll have to answer to all four of us,” said Brianna next to her, jokingly.

Atton walked over to Thomas, and said, “Wait. We haven’t thought of which ship were taking.”

“Are you kidding me? The Ebon Hawk of course,” replied Thomas.

“Well, I didn’t know,” Atton said defensively.

Rolling his eyes, Thomas just sighed and went back to his work.

“Let’s lift off,” said Brianna, as she walked in.

“Wait. Before we leave, are you sure you want to come? Me and Brianna can take care of things,” asked Thomas, worried.

“Yes, we’re sure,” replied Visas, sternly.

“OK...”

“It’s going to be a day and a half until we get there. Any ideas as to what we should do until then?” asked Atton.

“I’ve got an idea,” said Brianna. “Let’s spar.”

Laughing, Thomas said, “How did I know?”

“I mean, where we’re all in one room, free for all.”

Smiling, Thomas said, “That ain’t a half bad idea. But, not with lightsabers. Four lightsabers in one room? That is just spelling out disaster. Let’s go with force pikes instead; I have some in the garage. Though, only one end. I shudder to think what would happen if we all had double-bladed out.”

Running over to the garage, he though, Wow. Why didn’t I think of that idea?

Reading his thoughts when he came back, Brianna said, “’Cause I’m more smarter.”

Laughing, Thomas replied, “More smarter? Nice one.”

Walking over to the cargo hold, Thomas said, “If you fall or you surrender, then you’re out.”

As they all ignited one side, Thomas said, “What are we waiting for, let’s go!” At once, they all started. Atton was fighting Brianna and Thomas was against Visas. Visas recognized Thomas was using Ataro. She remembered that the weakness to that was movement. “C’mon, you’re better than that,” she said through gritted teeth. “Let me see the Thomas that killed Kreia.” He merely smiled and said, “OK.” Then, it was as if he wasn’t there. He was everywhere, and nowhere. “Oh crap,” she muttered. Then, she felt a small pain in her back. So, it was a ploy, using Ataro, he actually was mastered in Juyo, she thought. “I give,” she said, as she saw that he had actually used the hilt and hit her lightly in the back with hit. “Sorry if I hit you so hard,” he said. While this was going on, Atton and Brianna were going at it. Brianna using Makashi, and Atton was Shien. Then, Atton was using Shii-Cho. Jumping in, Thomas took no side, and equally went after Atton as much as he did Brianna. Finally, he noticed that Atton was becoming weaker. After a minute more, he said, “OK…enough, you guys are just too good.” Both Brianna and Thomas smiled, then Brianna said, “Can we go to double-blade now?” He nodded, and they both extended there force pikes. Breathing in heavily, Thomas closed his eyes for a second, then went after Brianna using Soresu. Brianna was using Makashi. Thomas feinted left, then went right. She caught the feint and spun before going after his legs. Thomas used his blade to shift the weight in his favor and using the other blade on her force pike to go after her face. She dodged it, but he was too fast for her, and had the tip against her neck. Panting a little, he said, “Good job guys, I’m proud that you all have done so well. It’s an honor to fight along side all of you.”

They all smiled, embarrassed. “Well, you were a great teacher,” said Atton. “I know I complain a lot, but it’s true.”

“Yes, without you, I’d still be at Atris’ academy,” added Brianna.

“Well, the only reason you came, is cause you love me so much,” replied Thomas, smiling. “Now, who wants to do the spar with lightsabers?”

Laughing, they all said no. “I don’t want to die yet,” said Atton.

“Well, then in that case, I’m going to bed,” said Thomas.

The next day was filled with more sparring and playing dejarik and pazzak. Once they touched down, Thomas said, “We’ll take the refugee sector, and Atton, you can take the cantina, I know that you still have some friends there.”

Thomas walked towards the elevator that led to the refugee sector, muttering, “Here goes nothing.”

Looking up from his datapad, Hussef registered the new comer with a nod. “Can I help you?”

“Is that the way you greet an old friend?”

“No…” muttered Hussef. Looking up to get a better look, he realized it was Thomas. “Thomas!” Pulling him into a hug, Hussef said, “Boy, long time no see!”

“Still helping the refugees?” asked Thomas.

“Yea, and it’s going a crap load better thanks to you.” Looking at Brianna, he said, “My, my. Who is this lovely young lady?”

“This is Brianna. Brianna this is Hussef. I helped out Hussef a little with the Exchange and the Serreco. You were on board at the time.”

“A little? You probably saved thousands of people’s lives by helping us out.”

“No problem. But, I didn’t just come here to catch up on old times. A Jedi, and possibly two, were killed looking for supplies. You know anything about it?”

“I hear about that. And, I heard someone talking about it. They said something about the Sith were doing it.”

“That’s what we were afraid of. Did they say anything about where they thought the Sith were?”

Scratching his head, and thinking for a minute, Hussef said, “Yea…I think that they were in the docks…In one of the old apartments, where Lootra used to live.”

“Thanks a bunch. Did they say anything else that might be worthy of mention?”

“No, that was it.”

“Thanks again, we got to hit the road, or at least the elevator.” He smiled. “See ya around.”

Hussef smiled back. “It’s my pleasure. Come back and visit anytime.”

Brianna and Thomas stepped onto the elevator. Pulling out her comlink, Brianna called Atton. “We’ve found them. Meet us in the docks in 5 minutes.”

They all met in the docks. “What did you find out?” asked Visas.

“The Sith are where Lootra used to live. Do you think that we should do an all out attack, or should we wait it out?” said Brianna.

Atton smiled. “You all know what I’m gonna say. All out attack of course.”

“I agree,” said Thomas.

“Me too,” said Brianna.

Visas sighed. “Does it really matter what I have to say? Well, I was going to say attack, so I guess it doesn’t.”

Running towards the apartments, they all ignited their lightsabers. “This is what I live for!” yelled Thomas.

Standing at the door, Brianna said, “Do you want to knock? Or should I?”

As he was pulling his lightsaber back to cut open the lock, the door opened. “Hello,” said a mysterious voice. That was it. Then, he pulled out his red lightsaber, and went after Thomas. Thomas parried, and attacked. His blue blade went after the thing’s leg. The thing dodged it, and stabbed his blade at Thomas’ heart. But, Thomas was too quick for him. He dodged it and went after the thing’s hand. The man’s hand dropped to ground, as well as his saber. Squinting at the hilt, Thomas said, “I’ve seen that hilt before.” He pulled back the thing’s hood. It was Bao-Dur.

Archived